[DEAD] Season 1 TV DVD Sets $15 @ Barnesandnoble.com - Free Shipping over $25

Thanks, but I will pass as I got everything I need already...although it is a good way to make a few quick bucks on EBAY. Not worth my time this time around though.

Thanks man! Caught this deal a little last time around and got Buffy for myself and 24 for my dad. This time around I'll pick up Millenium (for myself, since Amazon pulled the plug on it last time before I got to it) and some of the others as gifts.

thanks for the links OP. I guess, since these are in stock and have free 2 day shipping, i might as well cancel my order with DVDEmpire. I'm just missing out on Dark Angel though :(

I wouldn't be surprised if mom & pop shops start selling Fox season 1 DVD's for 14.99 since it happens like every week with a new store. ;)

Thanks OP. My order from dvdempire was taking weeks so I cancelled it and jumped on this, hopefully Angel will come before christmas.

I did the same for my DVDempire order. That was my gift order and I need them asap. This B&N deal shouldn't have so much traffic as the last ones. I just got my buy.com order completed on Sat when I finally received Dark Angel.

[quote name='scuba']H76LDQK

extra 10 percent off one item, got it in my email

may be one time only use not sure

extra 1.50 off, not bad[/quote]
Thanks a lot for the coupon code, picked up Millenium

np, so it does work?

worked for me also :) I got simpsons season 1 (I know it sucks) and Futurama for 28.46 or something, good deal

[quote name='scuba']np, so it does work?

worked for me also :) I got simpsons season 1 (I know it sucks) and Futurama for 28.46 or something, good deal[/quote]

Yep, it works like a charm, the shipping price at dvd empire was a little lower, but this coupon code balanced it out so I went ahead and cancelled my empire order since it was backordered.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Why is every online store having a $15 Fox season 1 DVD sale?[/quote]

I'm beginning to think that this is the doing of Fox. They're offering cheap DVD sets to certain online retailers so people will buy them cheap and get hooked on them.

I agree with you Red! Not only will this get people hooked on them, but it also benefits the online retailers with traffic to get people to buy more stuff. How else are we going to make that free shipping requirement. Its a win-win situation for them both and to a lesser degree...us.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Kaijufan']Why is every online store having a $15 Fox season 1 DVD sale?[/quote]

I'm beginning to think that this is the doing of Fox. They're offering cheap DVD sets to certain online retailers so people will buy them cheap and get hooked on them.[/quote]
Its a simple marketing ploy. The low prices attract newcomers to try out the series, thus resulting in the consumer to continue in the series by purchasing the later sets. Certainly not a bad thing either since we're all getting some great deals. Its definately working though, especially on 24.

i got hooked on 24 S1, but don't want to pull the plug on S2 just yet. That goes for most shows for me, except for Smallville, I paid full price for all 3 seasons, well DDD 20% sale on S2&3. Thanks to these sales I've got the following:

Millenium S1
Buffy S1
24 S1
Shield S1
and a few others

and have only had to spend 15 on each

Well I was mad that I Missed the BB 24S1 deal on Black Friday So I just bought it and King of the Hill for my Brother... 24s1 Got me so hooked on that Show, now some one needs to do a deal on the Wire S1 :D

this has to be a misprint

Select a Shipping Method Standard Delivery
2 Business days or less
$2.98 UPS Select
2 to 5 business days
$4.98 Air Service
2 to 3 business days
$6.48 Expedited Air Service
1 to 2 business days
$10.98

i can got Standard delivery for 2.98 and its faster then expedited air service and it takes less time???

Thank you, I finally got Milleneum (most underrated series ever) after missing it the last 2 sales.

Added Angel too for the free shipping because the only other I didn't have yet was Roswell and I never did watch that show... Angel mostly sucked but at least I'm familiar with it.

Are Millenium and Roswell any good? I've never watched any of those shows. I hope they offer season 2 of all of these shows for $15 soon seems like a virus where all the retailers have caught this bug for season 1 cheap...hopefully they'll move on to the next season...

yeah, a season 2 offering would be nice but I don't see it happening. This is like free crack from the drug dealer to get you hooked.

I bit on Millennium and Buffy [never watched either, but they sound good, and Wherehouse.com will buy them back for 15.00], and Roswell for the missus [it sounds like a cross between Smallville and Dawson's Creek/Gilmore Girls, all of which she likes. Of course, she hasn't even opened CSI S1 I got her last year....of course, I just watched BTTF that she me two years ago...]
No tax, free shipping, and I ordered through my company's website so I got an additional 10% off everything; three complete seasons for 40.44. Not bad at all. Almost bought Futurama, but thanks to CN's syndication, I'm about Futurama'd out.

[quote name='slidecage']this has to be a misprint

Select a Shipping Method Standard Delivery
2 Business days or less
$2.98 UPS Select
2 to 5 business days
$4.98 Air Service
2 to 3 business days
$6.48 Expedited Air Service
1 to 2 business days
$10.98

i can got Standard delivery for 2.98 and its faster then expedited air service and it takes less time???[/quote]

Acutally I saw on an ad on the TV for BN.COM and it said they offer free delivery in 3 days or less for over $25.00 order so this might be what they are talking about, since the free delivery offer is for standard delviery.

Yeah, I had ordered by the time I found out about the coupon. I wonder if it'll work with my corp discount, and if I can cancel my first order in time....

hmm: "Your purchase does not meet the eligibility requirements for this coupon. Please check your coupon requirements to determine why your order does not qualify for this coupon. "

Doesn't look like it stacks for me. Oh well, can't be too greedy.

*does math*
Thaf 5-off coupon is more than my discount. I just cancelled yesterday's order and re-ordered using the code. Only thing that changed [other than my saving 50 cents, whoohoo] is the items now ship in 2-3 days instead of 'within 24 hours.' Hope they're right about that; that would still get them here before Christmas.

any one else get an email for an "unexpected delay" from this deal? now it says mine will ship on the 28th of December :shock: ......... :?

i was so giddy when it said it would ship on the 14th. hehe. just my luck... oh well, more for me and less for xmas presents lol.

I hope mine ships in time...What did you order, Liza? One big factor that helped me buy them was the big ol' banner saying 'Order Now and Get Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas!' My order status currently says 'scheduled to ship 12/17', but we'll wait and see.

i ordered angel, millenium and um....roswell. i think that was it.

my only guess is that they ran out of stock. it's cool though. but i'm sure yours will be arriving before xmas. they say it'll be at your door '3 days or less'. can't beat that :D

Hope so.
I got Millenium Roswell and Buffy [which I don't think ever sold out.]
Free UPS shipping, indeed, that definitely helped. ANd it doesn't seem like they hold orders for a week before even filling them, like Amazon does.
BTW: welcome newbie :)

bread's done
Back