(dead)Sony PS3 3D Glasses 13.99 amazon.com

If my PS 3D monitor didn't crap out on me in the past hour I would of snagged a pair. Thanks though. Hopefully my warranty can get me a new one.

[quote name='linkblc']If my PS 3D monitor didn't crap out on me in the past hour I would of snagged a pair. Thanks though. Hopefully my warranty can get me a new one.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Another one bites the dust. I wonder if there are any new ones left. Good luck. Every time I turn mine on, I cringe waiting for the LED of Death.

With ESPN dropping their 3D broadcasts, I would expect these glasses/displays to be discontinued at some point. I don't think Sony can justify them only for niche gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
With ESPN dropping their 3D broadcasts, I would expect these glasses/displays to be discontinued at some point. I don't think Sony can justify them only for niche gaming.
While I dont' doubt that Sony's stab at PS3 branded 3d displays was misguided. I am going to say the sony probably didn't produce them and these 3d glasses to fill the needs of a lightly advertized, under produced, stale programmed channell that was only available to subscibers of certain cable packages, and oh wasn't part of the Sony organization in the first place. More likely they made this attempt because they already make 3d glasses, 3d tvs, 3d movies, 3d capable media players etc. and they hoped that branding something with the PS3 logo would add some synergy to the marketing. it didn't, but I dont' think espn had much of a role in it. If anything ESPN is the one who was trying to make a quick 3d money grab by producing this channel and making cable subscribers pay for it and then not producing any meaningful content. Nobody wanted to see reruns of the 2010 Meinike Bowl in March of 2012.

This is no longer dead. I just bought 2 pairs from Amazon at $10.95.
It looks like the 10.95 price is from a 3rd party seller, JGmediasupply. There's also 4 bucks shipping fee tacked on. Still a pretty good deal I guess.

bread's done
Back