Dead Space $19.99 today at Amazon

this might show up in the platinum hits packaging for anyone who cares about that. Started seeing them show up at different stores.

[quote name='tribalnoise']dang amazon is sold out now. will have to wait for it to get back in stock hopefully[/QUOTE]

What, you don't want to buy from "Hubba Games" ??

[quote name='tribalnoise']dang amazon is sold out now. will have to wait for it to get back in stock hopefully[/QUOTE]

They still let you order which 99% of the time means they will be getting more in stock

I've been waiting for this at the $20 mark, ECA sweetens the deal. Added a few books for my son (there's a 4-for-3 promotion) to get the free shipping. Hot damn, got it all for $18 shipped, not going to get a deal like that for awhile.

Like someone said on page 1. This may be a universal drop as Gamestop has it now for $19.99 as well. This game is easily worth full price as I have played through it three times and I rarely play games past one playthrough.

Estimated delivery date for this item: October 20, 2009 - October 22, 2009

lol! That was when I chose amazon, so looks like tribalnoise was right.

I bought this game for full retail price and I never regretted the purchase. As many have said before, this game is worth it, especially at $20.

I also have to agree with many that have said that this is one of my favorite games of this generation of consoles.

I just went to Best Buy and got this, I had a $10 coupon so got it for whooping $9.99 + tax.
Oh, PS2 Okami is at $9.99 at the Capcom store.

Dead Space is a great game. It's one of the few 360 games I had that I actually re-bought when I got a PS3. >20 bucks is an amazing price for such a quality game.

[quote name='AriesWarlock']I just went to Best Buy and got this, I had a $10 coupon so got it for whooping $9.99 + tax.
Oh, PS2 Okami is at $9.99 at the Capcom store.[/QUOTE]

If you had added an Uncharted 2 pre-order you could have had Dead Space for 4.99.

hmmm...well, I stopped having nightmares after beating Doom3...I guess I'm mentally ready for another game like this.

I'll probably wait for the used price to drop at GS and then try to pick up a complete copy there. If a coupon should happen to roll along as well, so be it.

[quote name='token2k6']anyone play Extraction on the Wii yet? is it necessary to play through this one to fully appreciate Extraction? b/c it sure looks intense for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I was just listening to a giant bomb podcast talking about Extraction. It was described as a good railshooter for the Wii. The story is sort of a prequel to the first DS. They said there's no real control over direction, just weapons and attacking. They did praise it even though it's a railshooter

So I'm not much of a survival horror person (case in point I've still not finished RE4 on PS2 and I've had it for about 5 years now) but I keep hearing how good this sucker is. My question is is it good enough to turn people like me, that is those who have not finished a game in this genre, on to this type of game?

P.S. Wait, I alllllmoost finished the first Parasite Eve. Got all the way to the last boss. Man, that was a good game.

[quote name='Bad Decisions']So I'm not much of a survival horror person (case in point I've still not finished RE4 on PS2 and I've had it for about 5 years now) but I keep hearing how good this sucker is. My question is is it good enough to turn people like me, that is those who have not finished a game in this genre, on to this type of game?

P.S. Wait, I alllllmoost finished the first Parasite Eve. Got all the way to the last boss. Man, that was a good game.[/QUOTE]

I don't like the Resident Evil games at all. I do, however, like Dead Space a lot. It was a top 5 game for me last year.

[quote name='mgsvr']Guys, can I buy this game + preorder God of War collection to be eligible for Free Shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Bad Decisions']So I'm not much of a survival horror person (case in point I've still not finished RE4 on PS2 and I've had it for about 5 years now) but I keep hearing how good this sucker is. My question is is it good enough to turn people like me, that is those who have not finished a game in this genre, on to this type of game?

P.S. Wait, I alllllmoost finished the first Parasite Eve. Got all the way to the last boss. Man, that was a good game.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I mainly hated the survival horror genre except for RE games and the usual Silent Hill or Parasite Eve games (loved that series), but this games is fantastic!! My GOTY last year, and as I said, I kinda hated the genre of horror games. Definitely worth every penny.

Just buy it. It only $20. You will be hooked once you start playing.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Just came back from Gamestop and they had Dead Space for PS3 used for $17.99.

Picked it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Baffles me how a 2 dollar savings is considered just compensation for a used game with stickers all over the case.

If you have a Best Buy in your area, buy it there with an Uncharted 2 pre-order and you'll get Dead Space for 14.99.

FYI, the game is no longer available from Amazon so no FSSS/ECA as it is now being sold by Hubbagames through Amazon.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Baffles me how a 2 dollar savings is considered just compensation for a used game with stickers all over the case.

If you have a Best Buy in your area, buy it there with an Uncharted 2 pre-order and you'll get Dead Space for 14.99.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that is still usable as of today?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Are you sure that is still usable as of today?[/QUOTE]

Until they fix the glitch it will still be usable, at least until they quit offering the UC2 pre-orders. Considering the glitch has been going for a couple of weeks now, chances are they aren't going to correct it. I used UC2 pre-order to get 5 off a game just the other day.

[quote name='earvcunanan']If you've never played this game, and you don't buy it at this price... *shakes head*

I am disappoint.

Edit: I wonder if Amazon will send the Platinum Hits version for the 360?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it from Amazon as filler for FSSS when they had the $9.99 Force Unleashed DOTD back on August 31 and they sent me the Platinum Hits Version. Since the price drop appears to be universal those looking for the green case version would probably be better off biting the bullet about tax/gas and just pick it up at a brick and mortar store since there still seems to be plenty out there.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']BTW, how 'bout them 0-4 Cleveland Browns! lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah yeah yeah, we are pretty terrible. lost in OT to the bengals though.

Amazon seems to still have it in stock.. but now its taking 10-14 days to ship. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to get it off of Amazon.

The estimates will probably become more realistic soon. I'm sure it won't take two weeks. What a creepy, fantastic game.

Great pic cupcakex1.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Amazon seems to still have it in stock.. but now its taking 10-14 days to ship. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to get it off of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, read up above and I posted that Amazon is no longer selling it themselves and it is now being sold by Hubbagames via Amazon.

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, read up above and I posted that Amazon is no longer selling it themselves and it is now being sold by Hubbagames via Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Check again. Its being sold directly by Amazon. Just ordered it with a ECA code so I'm pretty damn sure it's Amazon selling it.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Nope, now it's $19.79, hubbagames[/QUOTE]

Look on the right side of the screen. $19.99 through Amazon.com is right there. Or find the link to view all sellers.

[quote name='ohboy10451']GREAT rental. Iffy purchase[/QUOTE]

If 15 bucks is too much to buy, but 8-9 bucks for a week's rental is good, then I don't follow that line of thinking. This is a great game and great games are always good to come back to after a long time not being played. You can always sell it and likely end up spending less than you would have to just rent it for a week.

bread's done
Back