dead space 2 (360 + ps3) $41.99 at amazon

Just tried to get the $20 refunded, but no dice. I wasn't going to push very hard because I got the CE for $56 and got a $20 promotional credit. I tried for the refund, but I knew it was a long shot and I was OK with not getting it.

[quote name='Trance Addix']It is, but I'd highly recommend against it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. DO NOT get the collectors edition. The "extras" are a joke and not worth the extra $$.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Agreed. DO NOT get the collectors edition. The "extras" are a joke and not worth the extra $$.[/QUOTE]

DLC is cool though, and the plasma gun is a fine little toy to put on your desk.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Agreed. DO NOT get the collectors edition. The "extras" are a joke and not worth the extra $$.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this. What do people want for $20 more? Is it an amazing CE that people who want just the game should get? No...but that's fine because it's not meant for them. It's made for people who are a fan of the game and are "collectors".

It's $20. If you're expecting a real plasma cutter for 20 bucks, that's on you.

This isn't the batarang looking like a piece of crap. The cutter isn't nearly as bad as some people. If you like the dead space universe and are a fan, go ahead and spend it.

[quote name='confoosious']It's $20. If you're expecting a real plasma cutter for 20 bucks, that's on you.

This isn't the batarang looking like a piece of crap. The cutter isn't nearly as bad as some people. If you like the dead space universe and are a fan, go ahead and spend it.[/QUOTE]

For $20 more they could give you a cutter that's a little larger in scale, rather than a squirt gun.

I find it hard to believe you guys are defending this. We're supposed to be CHEAP ASSES, and yet seem to have no problem with throwing $20 away.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']For $20 more they could give you a cutter that's a little larger in scale, rather than a squirt gun.

I find it hard to believe you guys are defending this. We're supposed to be CHEAP ASSES, and yet seem to have no problem with throwing $20 away.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I just need to make myself more clear for prospective buyers.

I'm a Dead Space universe fan, I have the CE. It is absolutely worth it for any fan. The DLC is fun to use, the CD soundtrack is excellent, and its a very nice looking plasma gun toy. Hands down worth the price.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']For $20 more they could give you a cutter that's a little larger in scale, rather than a squirt gun.

I find it hard to believe you guys are defending this. We're supposed to be CHEAP ASSES, and yet seem to have no problem with throwing $20 away.[/QUOTE]

I'm a frugal and savvy shopper. That doesn't mean I won't spend money on things I want. If it's too much for you, then buy the regular. But the CE is pretty cool in my book and worth $20 to me.

Does it mean it's worth $20 to everyone? No. But it certainly doesn't mean the plasma cutter is trash either. Combine it with the DLC and it's worth my extra $20.

I echo everyone who is for the CE and to comment on the person pointing out the name of this website...thank you I was unaware this is where I've been a member of years.

Seriously though. cheap does not mean everything needs to be $10, cheap means we like to save money and still get the things we want. I got my CE for effectively $36 after 30% discount and $20 future credit. Now it's $60 for anyone, to me that's $20 less then MSRP, so it is cheaper. Is it more than the standard yes...but it should be more expensive since it comes with more stuff.

If the other stuff is not worth $20 to you then by no means should you get it. The game is amazing and is the main attraction for people who got the CE as well. I find it funny how the people who like the CE aren't saying "EVERYONE MUST GET THIS IT'S AMAZING" we're simply saying...for $20 it's worth it for a fan. Yet the people who dislike it are telling people it's crap and not to get it. It's one thing to voice an opinion and another to tell people who disagree with your opinion that they're the ones that are wrong.

[quote name='SScorpio']There isn't a limited version on the 360. It's the same thing that occurred with Dante's Inferno and Metal of Honor.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I guess that explains it then - I still don't understand why they do this crap - everyone should get the same versions IMO but I don't really care that much.

[quote name='Mugatu']Ah, I guess that explains it then - I still don't understand why they do this crap - everyone should get the same versions IMO but I don't really care that much.[/QUOTE]

Cause you can't point your xbox controller at the screen.

[quote name='confoosious']Cause you can't point your xbox controller at the screen.[/QUOTE]

*insert obligatory Kinect joke comment*

[quote name='Mugatu']Ah, I guess that explains it then - I still don't understand why they do this crap - everyone should get the same versions IMO but I don't really care that much.[/QUOTE]

It was intentional. These limited edition exclusives for the PS3 were announced by John Schappert (EA COO) last year at E3 to support the PlayStation Initiatives.

Medal of Honor: Frontline launched the series on PlayStation 2. Supporting the move for DS: Extraction and Tiger Woods PGA. Lastly, a 3D version of Crysis 2.

Did I get hosed? My PS3 version of Dead Space 2 didn't come with the Dragon Age armor code. I thought according to the website it came with all early Dead Space 2 copies. I got the Limited Edition kind that came with Extraction from the collector's edition from Amazon.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did I get hosed? My PS3 version of Dead Space 2 didn't come with the Dragon Age armor code. I thought according to the website it came with all early Dead Space 2 copies. I got the Limited Edition kind that came with Extraction from the collector's edition from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I believe you get it when the EA servers confirm that you have played both Dead Space 2 and DA2 on your account. Confirm/deny?

[quote name='Donut2922']Did I get hosed? My PS3 version of Dead Space 2 didn't come with the Dragon Age armor code. I thought according to the website it came with all early Dead Space 2 copies. I got the Limited Edition kind that came with Extraction from the collector's edition from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've been a little worried about this, having seen this issue pop up on a few different forums now. The thing all people posting seem to have in common, is its the PS3 version. Apparently there is no code for the PS3 version, and the armor is unlocked by just logging into your EA account in Dead Space 2. You could try checking the bioware social site and see if it is listed under "Your registered game promotions."

[quote name='gunstar808']I've been a little worried about this, having seen this issue pop up on a few different forums now. The thing all people posting seem to have in common, is its the PS3 version. Apparently there is no code for the PS3 version, and the armor is unlocked by just logging into your EA account in Dead Space 2. You could try checking the bioware social site and see if it is listed under "Your registered game promotions."[/QUOTE]

Is Blanka never satisfied? Must he always scratch his butt wtih no relief ever? What a horrible hell you have condemned him to. (PS: Look at his avatar.) Imagine you die because of a blow to the head from a well-placed dragon punch and then when you wake up, you're locked in a 2D world in a single pose, forced to scratch your butt for all eternity. Is there any greater hell? Is there?

[quote name='gunstar808']I've been a little worried about this, having seen this issue pop up on a few different forums now. The thing all people posting seem to have in common, is its the PS3 version. Apparently there is no code for the PS3 version, and the armor is unlocked by just logging into your EA account in Dead Space 2. You could try checking the bioware social site and see if it is listed under "Your registered game promotions."[/QUOTE]

I see that makes sense I suppose. Some PS3 copies miss their DLC's, like the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition I recall.

I noticed the Dead Space 2 copy I got from my collector's edition did not have the "Not for resale" UPC on the back but the actual valid UPC just as a heads up for anybody else still on the fence considering about ordering the collector's version.

[quote name='Flesseck']I believe you get it when the EA servers confirm that you have played both Dead Space 2 and DA2 on your account. Confirm/deny?[/QUOTE]

this might be true, because i have ME2 for PS3, and also had DAO:UE which came with a blood dragon code for the game. I never entered the code in, and when i traded it in, i forgot to take the code out...but when i played ME2, lo and behold, i had the blood dragon armor! Don't count on it 100% though

[quote name='technole']It was intentional. These limited edition exclusives for the PS3 were announced by John Schappert (EA COO) last year at E3 to support the PlayStation Initiatives.

Medal of Honor: Frontline launched the series on PlayStation 2. Supporting the move for DS: Extraction and Tiger Woods PGA. Lastly, a 3D version of Crysis 2.[/QUOTE]

and oh yeah technole please check your PM.

[quote name='not2worried']Why does it say gold box deal when I go to the link?[/QUOTE]

Probably because It's in your gold box deals for the day. You should get an extra 10% off.
Why does Amazon let other companies get the front page at only a $1 cheaper? Especially when they are more expensive after shipping. I never understood that.

Got my copy yesterday in a day even with two-day Prime shipping - it was the LE, and is a fantastic deal now. I'd have probably waited until it hit GH-level pricing, but now, I've got it way before that point and for only $10 WITH a full game as a bonus.

I jumped on the $39.99 deal and my PS3 copy was the limited edition with Extraction. This was a fantastic deal.

I was seriously considering just buying Extraction on PSN for $15 and then waiting for the price of Dead Space 2 to drop. With this deal I basically feel like I paid $15 as I was originally planning to, but also got Dead Space 2 for $25 more! :lol:

Protip:

The only games you should buy on day 1 are multiplayer games that rely on their community to be enjoyable (MVC3 for example). Everything else can wait unless you're a fan of the series and have spare money to blow.

Great game i played it on survivalist which might have been a mistake it was pretty stressful if i knew new game plus was gonna let me carry my earned stuff over i would have played on easy first

[quote name='bredbu']Great game i played it on survivalist which might have been a mistake it was pretty stressful if i knew new game plus was gonna let me carry my earned stuff over i would have played on easy first[/QUOTE]

I tried Dead Space 1 on the hardest (available) difficulty the first time I played it and nearly threw my controller at the screen. It seemed like I was always running out of ammo. Switched it to normal, it was too easy. I never could find a happy medium. Usually I'm okay on the "hard" difficulties (not "insane" or whathaveyou) but DS1 really pissed me off. :cold:

[quote name='Double-J']I tried Dead Space 1 on the hardest (available) difficulty the first time I played it and nearly threw my controller at the screen. It seemed like I was always running out of ammo. Switched it to normal, it was too easy. I never could find a happy medium. Usually I'm okay on the "hard" difficulties (not "insane" or whathaveyou) but DS1 really pissed me off. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Odd. I felt completely different. I felt Impossible mode was how the game was meant to be played. I loved how difficult it was, it reminded me of RE before it went really action based.

Damn! I hate missing deals like this. My amazon trade-in credit took longer to receive than I expected. Oh well even at 54.99 its still worth it to me.

Not to me. I won't pay a dime over $35...I will wait. Not like I, and I would bet most here, don't have something else in their collection yet unplayed to tide them for a month or two when this will go on sale for $35 or less. Mark my words.

[quote name='mrg']Not to me. I won't pay a dime over $35...I will wait. Not like I, and I would bet most here, don't have something else in their collection yet unplayed to tide them for a month or two when this will go on sale for $35 or less. Mark my words.[/QUOTE]

I bought this for $35 after that $20 amazon GC for $10 livingsocial deal. Played through it, selling it to a friend for $35 and am getting my MvC3 SE tomorrow which costs $35 ;)

bread's done
Back