Dead Space 2 - $54.96 (PS3/360) @ Amazon

[quote name='Kaiser499']Can't spell ignorant without IGN.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I seems like it's just me, but I get the feeling that IGN has a lot of fairly skewed reviews and takes on things. Glad I'm not the only one!

The first print run of DS2 will be Limited Editions, just like every EA game for the past few months. Every Limited Edition comes with Extraction. Therefore, if you pre-order, you'll get Extraction.

Followup...Amazon adjusted my order price after emailing them. Except now when it shows my total it says -$2.xx ...does that mean itll stay that way in my cart til i buy something else or what? I figured they would credit my gift card account balance...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The first print run of DS2 will be Limited Editions, just like every EA game for the past few months. Every Limited Edition comes with Extraction. Therefore, if you pre-order, you'll get Extraction.[/QUOTE]

If you get it for PS3. Would've been awesome if they implemented it to work with Kinect somehow.

When I tried the Multiplayer on the beta I found it very STUPID, I literally got bored within 10 minutes. I would rather be playing one of the Burger King games online then this. But at least the single player will be awesome :D

[quote name='poker360']Yeah, i would just leave it, it should change on it's own.. not worth risking it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Amazon usually ships it to you and charges you the higher price but 24-48 hours after it ships they always issue a "refund" for the amount. It's a hassle, but I guess it works. I guess their system waits until the last possible minute to find out what the "lowest price" was.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I preordered Bioshock Infinite as soon as it came up :p[/QUOTE]
I did the same with this..Batman Arkham City, Mortal Kombat..and the list goes on.. that way whatever weird or lucky shit that happens with offers or price.. I'm guaranteed to get haha and if by the time they come out I wanna cancel .. I can

^ I know I wasn't expecting much, but that Plasma Cutter is really disappointing. Glad I went for the regular edition.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Correct me if I'm wrong but is that not 2 gamestop employees opening a CE then putting it back together to sell as "new" lol[/QUOTE]

Yea, and they'll be busy between now and release opening half of the shipment, it seems.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']And for all of you like myself who ordered the collectors edition.. here it is unboxed in detail.. early!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Arnll8qqS8[/QUOTE]

Here are those two guys outside Gamestop right before making the video...

michael_cera_and_clark_duke_-_collider.com.jpg

[quote name='kidrocklive']Correct me if I'm wrong but is that not 2 gamestop employees opening a CE then putting it back together to sell as "new" lol[/QUOTE]

In the video he said they are opening his copy.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Here are those two guys outside Gamestop right before making the video...

michael_cera_and_clark_duke_-_collider.com.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Bravo! I was thinking the exact same thing. :lol:

collectors edition is lame.

tiny little toy plasma cutter, lol.

[quote name='sixghost']Phew, I'm glad I decided not to get the CE, that plasma cutter looks like crap.[/QUOTE]
No kidding. If I bought that CE expecting a cooler-looking plasma cutter, I'd shoot myself with it and allow a necromorph to transform me.

Just kidding.

[quote name='Trance Addix']In the video he said they are opening his copy.[/QUOTE]

ahh that's what I get for watching a video without the volume turned up lol

Plasma cutter is disappointing, but I like the Dead Space series so I like the extras and personally think it's worth $15 more.

Though I'm sure I'll be kicking myself 2 months down the line when it's $59.99 at most retailers and then $39.99 at 6 months.

I'm still debating on getting the CE, I have enough Amazon credit to cover the game alone so I'm not sure if the extras are worth the extra $25...

[quote name='fyrflash1969']well, except for in the box labeled Bonus Offer, Free Downloadable Game dead in center of the screen when you pull up the amazon product page..[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Arrogance and ignorance is such an unpleasant combination.

Totally knew the plasma cutter was gonna be tiny, I mean it's no bigger than the Soundtrack CD just like in the advertisement pictures for the CE. Glad I saved $20.

Would have been nice if "lunchbox" could have blown his nose before doing the vid. But yeah kinda underimpressed with the "goodies"

Am I the only one who's okay with the plasma cutter size? I mean, you guys weren't expecting a 1:1 replica, were you? It's like the lightsabers MR used to make, or like any other scaled replica. I think that for the extra amount, you get enough to justify it. I mean, I bought mine for $84 gift-wrapped and shipped tomorrow, saved $10 with the giftcard deal, and am selling the Ser Isaac code for $24. Total for everything in the CE: $50. Definitely worth it to me. Sure, the thing's small, but it was never meant to be used as a toy. just a nice collectible, and I think that's what you get. It looks like a good quality replica, but only time will tell if that's true.

Although, I don't know why that's the big discussion point here. Everyone bought it for the soundtrack, anyways. Best. Game. Music. Ever!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Am I the only one who's okay with the plasma cutter size? [/QUOTE]

I'm perfectly fine with it. Although, I did have enough amazon credit to bring the price of the CE down to $40 and justify the extra cost. The plasma cutter may not be full size, but it looks to be about the size of a small hand gun and large enough to fit in an adult male's hand. Also, the quality seems to be there... I mean, let's not forget the utter disappointment of the Batman:AA CE which actually did have a life-size replica of the batarang.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether others feel the extras are worth the $20 premium. It's fine if they don't... however, if it weren't for me getting the CE, I couldn't justify buying a game new when it'll be ~$30 in a couple of months anyways.

[quote name='sixghost']Phew, I'm glad I decided not to get the CE, that plasma cutter looks like crap.[/QUOTE]

I received my CE today, shipped from wally world (57.xx after giftcard). This is quite possibly the most disappointing CE I've ever bought, would have been pissed to pay MSRP. Be careful opening the box that contains the p.cutter, it's so cheaply made I thought it was going to fall apart in my hands (i'm seriously afraid to put batteries in it for fear of breaking it). The packaging is nice, the game itself is sick, and the DLC makes it worth it I guess. Unless you're a CE junkie like myself, or you really want that extra DLC, pick up the game only.

[quote name='laundrymatt']I received my CE today, shipped from wally world (57.xx after giftcard). This is quite possibly the most disappointing CE I've ever bought, would have been pissed to pay MSRP. Be careful opening the box that contains the p.cutter, it's so cheaply made I thought it was going to fall apart in my hands (i'm seriously afraid to put batteries in it for fear of breaking it). The packaging is nice, the game itself is sick, and the DLC makes it worth it I guess. Unless you're a CE junkie like myself, or you really want that extra DLC, pick up the game only.[/QUOTE]
But you still payed the MSRP except you wasted your gift card on it.

[quote name='cheaphuck']But you still payed the MSRP except you wasted your gift card on it.[/QUOTE]

haha, valid point, BUT it was a $20 egift card from preordering nba elite...they canceled the game, i got to keep the gift card :)...AND i locked in a pre-order price of $69.82 (they had it listed at this price for a week or so). Dont get me wrong, I woulda shelled out 80 plus for it if there was nothing better. The first DS was an all-time fav for me. But I'm disappointed in the CE as far as the quality goes for the extras.

[quote name='laundrymatt']I received my CE today, shipped from wally world (57.xx after giftcard). This is quite possibly the most disappointing CE I've ever bought, would have been pissed to pay MSRP. Be careful opening the box that contains the p.cutter, it's so cheaply made I thought it was going to fall apart in my hands (i'm seriously afraid to put batteries in it for fear of breaking it). The packaging is nice, the game itself is sick, and the DLC makes it worth it I guess. Unless you're a CE junkie like myself, or you really want that extra DLC, pick up the game only.[/QUOTE]

That sucks to hear. :S I was hoping it would be worth it. I don't really care about the codes (as I would probably only use the DA2 one and sell the rest) and was hoping the replica and the other stuff was worth it. x.x

question about getting this at BB:

The ones we all get in the little envelope in the mail, Can this be used on a preorder????

I slightly remember using one along with a $10 RZ certificate on a DVD + an Alan Wake preorder last year, and they took 10% off the $5 preorder..but i can't fully remember

I have a $30 gc, plus $5 certificate...so $6 more off would be great! I'm thinking it might work if i pay off the game fully then?

but i need to know, because the in-store only coupon expires tonight!!

[quote name='jcp42877']question about getting this at BB:

The ones we all get in the little envelope in the mail, Can this be used on a preorder????

I slightly remember using one along with a $10 RZ certificate on a DVD + an Alan Wake preorder last year, and they took 10% off the $5 preorder..but i can't fully remember

I have a $30 gc, plus $5 certificate...so $6 more off would be great! I'm thinking it might work if i pay off the game fully then?

but i need to know, because the in-store only coupon expires tonight!![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't pay for it in-store. They can't scan the game before the release date to apply the 10%.

One of my friends ordered this from EA and got it earlier today.

My release day delivery for 360 from Amazon won't come until tomorrow.

[quote name='RollingSkull']One of my friends ordered this from EA and got it earlier today.

My release day delivery for 360 from Amazon won't come until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what kind of shipping he had? My order shipped out last Friday, but not sure what kind of shipping I got (it was free). I ordered it last March when EA was doing the $20 off purchases, so I'm getting it for $41.64 total.

fuck, my DS2 for PS3 won't come until tomorrow (Wednesday), because Amazon shipped it too late, even with Release Date Delivery as a Prime customer. fuck.

They are giving me promotional credit though, as a consoloation. They said they didn't get any in stock until yesterday at 4PM.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Can you play Dead Space Extraction with the DS3 controller or does it require the Move?[/QUOTE]

It does not require the Move controller, but will probably control much easier with it.

The plasma cutter is pathetic. They give these type of toys out at McDonalds... I regret purchasing the CE version. It's worse than the Batman AA CE...

For those of you complaining about the replica of the cutter, what are you upset about? The size? Did you not look at preproduction pictures to get an idea of scale? The quality of the material? Did you think it would be die-cast metal?

Let this be a lesson earned. Some of you are acting like it is the Halo 3 helmets, and you are pissed you cannot wear them. It is a freaking promo toy. Yes, it is cheap. And yes, you should have expected that.

bread's done
Back