Dead Space 2 - $54.96 (PS3/360) @ Amazon

I was going to get the game for $35 when it was listed at $50 and had 30% off, but I got a CS person last week who was nice enough to change it to the CE. So I get the CE for $56. Yeah it's $21 more, but I am a really big Dead Space fan so I am OK with that. In the end it's still less than the game is retail so I'm happy about it. Can't wait till it arrives tomorrow!

[quote name='kiun']PS3 version does not come with a code. Supposedly the armor unlocks if you go online with the game.[/QUOTE]
This. Which sucks because I wanted the PS3 version but the code from the Xbox version will get you an easy $20 off the game if you sell it on ebay.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Is Extraction on the disc or is it DLC?[/QUOTE]

it's on the disc...you have to install it seperate from the game

So much for release day delivery. I pre-ordered months ago, and looking at the tracking it isn't even in my state yet.

[quote name='wastedyears']So much for release day delivery. I pre-ordered months ago, and looking at the tracking it isn't even in my state yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and I ordered in Dec. 2009! Lame.

[quote name='mkernan']Same here, and I ordered in Dec. 2009! Lame.[/QUOTE]

You guys too, huh? Did it ship out of Pennsylvania somewhere? I spent half my day bitching at Amazon and all they gave me was a $10 promotional credit after repeatedly blaming it on UPS over and over again. UPS says Amazon gave them the order "past the next day air cut off time". Huge bummer. I wanted to play this tonight. :(

[quote name='dylandersen']You guys too, huh? Did it ship out of Pennsylvania somewhere? I spent half my day bitching at Amazon and all they gave me was a $10 promotional credit after repeatedly blaming it on UPS over and over again. UPS says Amazon gave them the order "past the next day air cut off time". Huge bummer. I wanted to play this tonight. :([/QUOTE]

Yup, shipped from PA. I'll have to bitch tomorrow and get a credit.

I hope it stays at this price a while. I'm waiting for some trade-in credit with them to deposit.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This. Which sucks because I wanted the PS3 version but the code from the Xbox version will get you an easy $20 off the game if you sell it on ebay.[/QUOTE]
It sucks cuz I'm playing DS2 on PS3 but will be playing DA2 on 360, and I actually want the armor.

i'm fine with the size & material of the plasma cutter

but i'm disappointed that it can't change into the alternate horizontal firing mode

oh well, i'm a big dead space fan and i'm still happy i got the CE

[quote name='Ionotropic']Is Extraction only in the CE or on the SE too?[/QUOTE]

It's available in the PS3 Limited Edition and Collector's Edition (PS3 & 360)

[quote name='Ionotropic']I didn't even know there was a limited edition.[/QUOTE]

the limited edition is exactly like medal of honor limited edition. Its the "regular" version, but for the first X number of prints includes the bonus game. And extraction is PS3 only, not 360.

[quote name='edson13']the limited edition is exactly like medal of honor limited edition. Its the "regular" version, but for the first X number of prints includes the bonus game. And extraction is PS3 only, not 360.[/QUOTE]
If I had known that before, I probably wouldn't have bought the CE. Oh well.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Ughh do I want it or not. Hard choice. I never even finished the first but after some credit I could have it for $34.99. I'm afraid it would just go to the backlog. For some reason Dead Space 1, for me, I could play it about 20 minutes then I'd be done with it for a week. Wasn't a scary game to me, in fact I loved it everytime I played, but I dunno.

Yeah, I know you all care that much :lol:[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the same way about both games. But if this one follows the same path as the first one, it'll be about $10 in a few months, lol. I have plenty in my backlog, I'll just wait. They're hyping the marketing campaign up pretty big for it, though, and I'm sure plenty of people will pay full price or close to it because of that.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I feel exactly the same way about both games. But if this one follows the same path as the first one, it'll be about $10 in a few months, lol. I have plenty in my backlog, I'll just wait. They're hyping the marketing campaign up pretty big for it, though, and I'm sure plenty of people will pay full price or close to it because of that.[/QUOTE]

where do you plan on this being $10 in a few months? Where can you get any major releases for $10 only a few months after release? Even today the first Dead Space is around $18-20, and DS has been out for over two years. If there is some place that knocks $50 off the price of a game a few months after release I'd love to know where it is.

[quote name='wastedyears']where do you plan on this being $10 in a few months? Where can you get any major releases for $10 only a few months after release? Even today the first Dead Space is around $18-20, and DS has been out for over two years. If there is some place that knocks $50 off the price of a game a few months after release I'd love to know where it is.[/QUOTE]

lol this is exactly what i was thinking. To be fair though, DS1 is on sale at Kmart this week for 10 bucks (2 years after release and this is the lowest retail price I've seen)...you will no doubt see it cheaper in 2-3 months, but not that cheap...

[quote name='cheaphuck']But you still payed the MSRP except you wasted your gift card on it.[/QUOTE]

You don't know how much I am laughing right now, this is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you are using a gift card on something that doesn't mean that you are not paying for that item! The only thing that annoys me more is when people double count things like Amazon credits for ordering a game. As an example, if you bought a $40 game and you used a previous $20 credit on it, and get a new $20 credit for buying it, that DOESN'T MAKE IT FREE. If it was free you would be able to buy 100 of them for free, but in reality you are still paying $20 each.

[quote name='wastedyears']So much for release day delivery. I pre-ordered months ago, and looking at the tracking it isn't even in my state yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mkernan']Same here, and I ordered in Dec. 2009! Lame.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dylandersen']You guys too, huh? Did it ship out of Pennsylvania somewhere? I spent half my day bitching at Amazon and all they gave me was a $10 promotional credit after repeatedly blaming it on UPS over and over again. UPS says Amazon gave them the order "past the next day air cut off time". Huge bummer. I wanted to play this tonight. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='mkernan']Yup, shipped from PA. I'll have to bitch tomorrow and get a credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wastedyears']All they offered me was a refund of the $.99 shipping. I guess I didn't complain enough. : )[/QUOTE]

I complained (very politely) via email to customer support this morning and they gave me a $10 promotional credit for a future order within 30 minutes or so. My game is out for delivery right now. Playing it last night would have be nice, but I think I'm kinda glad it was late in retrospect. Waiting a day to play is worth $10 to me.

Newegg has this for $49.99 ... so I sent in, like I'm sure others have, a price match request to amazon ... and lo and behold ... they INCREASE the price? Sweet.

I have no doubt in my mind that DS2 or DS2: CE will drop in price in a few weeks as a result of merchants trying to lure customers. I want it so badly, but I will patiently wait.

[quote name='wastedyears']where do you plan on this being $10 in a few months? Where can you get any major releases for $10 only a few months after release? Even today the first Dead Space is around $18-20, and DS has been out for over two years. If there is some place that knocks $50 off the price of a game a few months after release I'd love to know where it is.[/QUOTE]

Not all games drop quickly but I was able to score Blur for $10 using one of the threads here only weeks after it's release. Not all games are destined to drop that low but a true cheap ass always is waiting for the next best deal.

bread's done
Back