Dead Space 2 CE ($24.99) $19.99 after $5 off at Best Buy

draqon2k2

CAGiversary!
Dead Space 2 CE is currently $24.99 at Best Buy. But if have the Shopkick app, either for Android or iPhone, under the Deals tab of Best Buy Mobile is a $5 reward certificate. Available today only, but expires 7/20 once retrieved.

You can also use that $5 for other things too...

I can also vouch for this deal. I picked up Dead Space 2 for 24.99 this weekend. If anyone wants a copy, my store has at least one more! FYI, I'm in Austin Texas.

OH and the Plasma Cutter is going for a good 15 dollars on ebay, so you can get it REALLY cheap after you sell it on ebay.

I'm gonna quote you just to bump this. Thanx man[quote name='draqon2k2']Yeah you can use this $5 for anything. At first I couldn't see it on shopkick app. I had to go add Best Buy Mobile to my list of favorite stores, then I was able to see it under the "Deals" section. "Best Buy Mobile" is a section in the shopkick app. Make sure you have the latest shopkick app. Go to the "Faves" tap and click "add more faves" on the bottom and then select "Best Buy Mobile" Then go back to your "Faves" section and you should see the Best buy mobile tap with a $5 certificate and you just click on it and show it to the cashier during check out.

Also you could use this online: during check out enter it as a reward zone certificate put in the last 10 digits and use tomorrow are the expiration date. Apparently this stacks too, so if you know anyone else that has andriod or iphone you can use their codes too.[/QUOTE]

these coupons stack so you can use them online. all depends on how many cell phones you have so just register and apply the last 10 digits of the code, amount and exp date under rewards zone program. so far i got 10 bucks for free! if i had more phones id use this to my advantage.

[quote name='mangas']these coupons stack so you can use them online. all depends on how many cell phones you have so just register and apply the last 10 digits of the code, amount and exp date under rewards zone program. so far i got 10 bucks for free! if i had more phones id use this to my advantage.[/QUOTE]

I'm on Windows Phone 7, so no app for me. :(

[quote name='heyheyhey11']How's ds2 compare to ds?

I haven't yet played the first one. Should I just jump into second and skip the first?[/QUOTE]

Your question got a bit lost in the deals mix:

Both games are phenomenal, but they're not overly long, you can finish them in about 12-14 hours each. Get both, play the 1st one first. The storyline isn't as important as the fact that in the 2nd one you shortly revisit (don't read if you don't like minor spoilers)
The Ishimura, the ship/entire game location of the 1st game, but now it's in the middle of being sterilized and looks like a deserted ghost ship. That part, though minor, won't have the awesome impact it has on everyone who's already spent an entire game in there

[quote name='BrolyB593']I hate to be the one to bring this shady idea up... but could this possibly be exploited and used multiple times to have a ton of codes redeemable online that are stackable..?

*goes off to try[/QUOTE]

if it allows, I don't know. I am betting it can't be exploited somehow since this is in the android sdk.

[quote name='dmdragon']if it allows, I don't know. I am betting it can't be exploited somehow since this is in the android sdk.[/QUOTE]

I have some spare time on my hands tonight anyways haha

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have some spare time on my hands tonight anyways haha[/QUOTE]

I can get it running using a command prompt but a blinking Android just stares at me lol

Only problem I can see is that you have to confirm with your phone number and obviously an emulator would not have a phone number.

[quote name='dmdragon']Only problem I can see is that you have to confirm with your phone number and obviously an emulator would not have a phone number.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get close enough to try it out...

[quote name='dmdragon']I got one running with networking, but you can't install apk's in it. So there you have it lol[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for that, too bad it didn't work... that would have been a fun exploit.. hahah

I'm assuming I have to actually BE @ a BestBuy for the coupon to show up?

On my app it says my location isn't working or something.

[quote name='mattcube64']I'm assuming I have to actually BE @ a BestBuy for the coupon to show up?

On my app it says my location isn't working or something.[/QUOTE]

worked online for me just got mgs greatest hits for 5.33 store pickup. i stacked my shits.

[quote name='mangas']worked online for me just got mgs greatest hits for 5.33 store pickup. i stacked my shits.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean do you have to be in the store to receive the coupon?

EDIT: Ah, nvm. I had to allow it to use GPS in my settings. Sorry.

Well I was able to get 2 Codes also (used the girlfriends phone). Picked up Blur for $8.39 shipped to home (no site to store available). Used some trade credit. Very nice deal. Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='giantqtipz']If anyone lives in NYC. The best buy at 23rd street right near the F,M subway entrances has one or two for PS3 and one for xbox.[/QUOTE]

REALLY? 1 xbox? I'M IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:hot::hot::hot: i'm going to grab the last copy tomorrow.........:cool: eat my dust suckers!!!! lol

[quote name='goku31389']REALLY? 1 xbox? I'M IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:hot::hot::hot: i'm going to grab the last copy tomorrow.........:cool: eat my dust suckers!!!! lol[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling we go to the same school

[quote name='goku31389']REALLY? 1 xbox? I'M IN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:hot::hot::hot: i'm going to grab the last copy tomorrow.........:cool: eat my dust suckers!!!! lol[/QUOTE]

Already gone:D

[quote name='giantqtipz']If anyone lives in NYC. The best buy at 23rd street right near the F,M subway entrances has one or two for PS3 and one for xbox.[/QUOTE]

thanks! i'll check it out today! :)

edit: man nvm -_- lol the website online is really lame for ny, NO one ever updates.

I was going to grab one yesterday but the seals appeared broken the lady said it was from the spider cables. Why use them then if they do that? I passed.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I have a feeling we go to the same school[/QUOTE]

City tech?:drool: lol

[quote name='Toss']Already gone:D[/QUOTE]

That's not POSSIBLEEEE!!!! it's only 8am....did you even sleep man? But good stuff.....I got beat and i respect the hustle for that deal.

wait your not even in NY....haha -_-

Is the stock checker accurate? Last night, as of 11pm, showed 2 locations in stock...check now and says all are unavailable? Really hoping to grab one after work today!

[quote name='lostdecoy']Is the stock checker accurate? Last night, as of 11pm, showed 2 locations in stock...check now and says all are unavailable? Really hoping to grab one after work today![/QUOTE]

Nope not accurate AT all....go check for yourself just to be sure:)

It expires today, not expired. The gift certificate, if there are no Dead Space 2's, there's a variety of stuff you can get with it. I definitely want Dead Space 2, anything to upgrade my Dragon Age games :p Anyone in New York City please update when you get to a Best Buy store and don't see any 360 copies. They have computers with free internet!

So I have to go to a BB store, find an android, show him my Samsung 329 flip phone, give him the password "shopkick", and he hands me a coupon for $5 off dead space CE? This sounds complicated.

Rocky Mount NC location had 3 of the X360 version yesterday and I picked mine up. Two left. Sticker on game said $79.99 but there was a clearance tag on the shelf with correct price.

[quote name='shadowrage']Is there a way to use the shopkick code online?[/QUOTE]
something like use the last ten digits I think?

I snagged the last PS3 copy for my store at lunch. I traded in my vanilla copy first. The new was in a hard plastic case however when he took it out the box was open. The game is sealed but the code is outside of the game, hope its still good. The box was pretty beat up I hope it wasnt a return.

[quote name='goku31389']City tech?:drool: lol

That's not POSSIBLEEEE!!!! it's only 8am....did you even sleep man? But good stuff.....I got beat and i respect the hustle for that deal.

wait your not even in NY....haha -_-[/QUOTE]

In case you're wondering, the BB on 5th & 44th doesn't have any, only LEs. Unless they're REALLY well hidden even though it's a significant sized box I'm guessing. I scoured the 2 levels just in case and nothing. Oh well, it's for the better, less clutter at home.

[quote name='jjz203']In case you're wondering, the BB on 5th & 44th doesn't have any, only LEs. Unless they're REALLY well hidden even though it's a significant sized box I'm guessing. I scoured the 2 levels just in case and nothing. Oh well, it's for the better, less clutter at home.[/QUOTE]

It's ok CAG solider:applause:....you've done a great service for your fellow CAGS.

I'm going to make a few trips to Atlantic ave and two other best buys in NYC...ill report back if they have any.:cool:

[quote name='goku31389']It's ok CAG solider:applause:....you've done a great service for your fellow CAGS.

I'm going to make a few trips to Atlantic ave and two other best buys in NYC...ill report back if they have any.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I go to Baruch sugar ;)

Grabbed the last console one for PS3 they had six for the PC though. I didn't get the $5 off code but $25 isn't bad either. They had Shadows of The Damned for $15 on clearance already. I went ahead and grabbed that too.

Picked up a 360 CE my store, thanks OP!

Also a note for anyone new to shopkick...

The Amazon App Store for Android has an older version of shopkick, because of this I couldn't pull up Best Buy Mobile as it didn't give options for "faves".

I uninstalled and installed from Android Marketplace and it was a newer version. I added BBM to my "faves" and was able to get the coupon.

I believe someone said that yesterday was the last day to secure the coupon but this may be helpful for the future in case you downloaded the wrong version like me. :bouncy:

Sorry to derail the thread with a shop kick question, but it is at least tangentially related to the current discussion. Does anyone know how many kicks you need (or how I figure this out on my own) to get a free gift card from Best Buy? Since it begins at 500, I'm assuming that's the $2 coupon but I was curious if it just doubled from there (e.g. $5 = 1500 kicks) or if banking points was wiser.

Tried at the Best Buy in West Nyack but they were OOS. I did pick up 9 on Blu Ray for $5 though. Couldn't let the coupon go to waste.

[quote name='bgame2']Sorry to derail the thread with a shop kick question, but it is at least tangentially related to the current discussion. Does anyone know how many kicks you need (or how I figure this out on my own) to get a free gift card from Best Buy? Since it begins at 500, I'm assuming that's the $2 coupon but I was curious if it just doubled from there (e.g. $5 = 1500 kicks) or if banking points was wiser.[/QUOTE]

Trying to do this from memory:

500 - $2
1250 - $5
2500 - $10
5000 - $20

bread's done
Back