Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition $79.99

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Check out Gamestop for picture and detail:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84604

The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • Full game as well as the critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction with Sony Move compatibility
  • Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
  • The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
  • Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
  • Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.

im almost considering buy the pc and ps3 collectors edition, or just the ps3 standard for extraction HD and the pc CE for goodies and better graphics

either way, im sold

Can't wait to own this. That Plasma Cutter looks sweet. When this was first announced I thought it would sell for more than $80.

I'm sorry to be 'that guy' but these complete non deal threads to promote non rare collectors editions just bother me. There is a different section available for talking about non deal related video games that this is perfect for! Maybe I'm missing something but this looks like MSRP to me.

MSRP for sure.... and the PC and 360 sets are the same price.

Are they going to do an Extraction version for 360?... or is it just PS3 at this point?

[quote name='teknomedic']MSRP for sure.... and the PC and 360 sets are the same price.

Are they going to do an Extraction version for 360?... or is it just PS3 at this point?[/QUOTE]

just like the other EA games, ps3 is getting more goodies, like frontline HD
youll have to buy it seperate on XBL if it comes out there

Already have it for Wii... and I own DS on 360, so really don't want to "split" my collection any more and purchase on the PS3. Extra game is nice though.

Did they do any improvement to Extraction or is a simple port?

[quote name='abhinav']I'm sorry to be 'that guy' but these complete non deal threads to promote non rare collectors editions just bother me. There is a different section available for talking about non deal related video games that this is perfect for! Maybe I'm missing something but this looks like MSRP to me.[/QUOTE]

It's a blessing and a curse, really. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise, but you are right that this isn't the proper place for it.

What to do about it? I dunno.

EA has an exclusive deal with Sony that they announced at E3, part of that deal is Extraction for Dead Space 2 and Frontline for Medal of Honor. Microsoft announced an exclusive partnership with Activision to get all of the Call of Duty Map packs first. Will we see Medal of Honor Frontline on XBLA or even Dead Space Extraction? They may be too big of files but maybe down the line they can release a GOTY edition of both for X-Box including the Sony stuff? I would not be surprised if that happens since Microsoft created this whole "Time Exclusive" Business instead of gettiing real quality first party titles out on the market....

[quote name='teknomedic']Already have it for Wii... and I own DS on 360, so really don't want to "split" my collection any more and purchase on the PS3. Extra game is nice though.

Did they do any improvement to Extraction or is a simple port?[/QUOTE]

It is supposed to be in HD, but I doubt they really did much work on it. I'm sure it'll be similar to the God of War Collection, just upping the resolution.

OP: You may want to update the first post to explain that Dead Space Extraction is a PS3 exclusive.

[quote name='abhinav']I'm sorry to be 'that guy' but these complete non deal threads to promote non rare collectors editions just bother me. There is a different section available for talking about non deal related video games that this is perfect for! Maybe I'm missing something but this looks like MSRP to me.[/QUOTE]
Waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa!!!

I'm waiting on Amazon too. I've been buying all of my games at KM due to the coupon carousel & great deals but the KM's around here never seem to get CE's. I've never bought a CE but for $80 this seems like it will be my 1st. I played the 1st one on PS3 when I heard Extraction was going to be included with DS3.

Didn't they say Extraction would be included in Dead Space 2, meaning, every copy (limited like the initial release of BlazBlue and Medal of Honor)? I hope this collector's edition is not the only way to get extraction free. I locked in my pre-order for Dead Space back when Amazon had it price at 49.25 a long time ago (Dec 16). I'm hoping they also do some kind of credit deal some time closer to release.

...if the plasma cutter is full scale and not some 1:8 shit or something I'm interested... a full size one of those would be cool as hell.

waiting on Amazon too. i ordered from GS.com but then remembered about tax. had to email them to cancel cuz they'll ship out the preorder Ignition code soon which means no canceling. *crosses fingers*

Oh nooo, we can't bother abhinav!!! If it bothers you, ignore it. It's one thread out of hundreds, it's not like they are flooding the forum and making you unable to see other deals. And if there was ever a time when there were 6-10 posts about collector's edition, God forbid you have to click next page and go to the second page of threads.

Looks kind of cool but not a big enough fan, sticking to my regular order for 50 bucks when amazon first put them up for sale.

Anyone know if the PS3 version of Extraction is gonna be Move exclusive? I'm not sure I'm ever gonna get Move and my Dead Space 1 is 360, I'd hate to switch.

at 80 I might consider it if the replica is as good as it sounds and looks. Otherwise I'm going to try and actually be a CAG and wait for the inevitable massive price cuts 4 months later.

Only problem there is the online community will likely be dead.

Can I use this replica to shoot the ridiculous-looking characters in DS Ignition?

The game's not out until January right? I think we might have enough time to push EA to turn the plasma cutter into a shell for your move wand.

When I click the link with the Dead Space Extraction pic it says PS3 and 360 on it. So are both getting it? I thought they said only the PS3 would get it. I have dead space on the 360 and don't want to split them but might if the PS3 gets more for the same amount.

All I need is for amazon to post this and I can save 20 bucks thanks to getting Halo Reach.

[quote name='sendme']When I click the link with the Dead Space Extraction pic it says PS3 and 360 on it. So are both getting it? I thought they said only the PS3 would get it. I have dead space on the 360 and don't want to split them but might if the PS3 gets more for the same amount.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm groggy because I was up real early today, but I feel like I've already read like four variations of this post in the hour I've been on here... "is it for THIS system? I heard the CE was only for THESE systems. I have DS1 on THIS system, and I don't wanna split them up"

[quote name='kipz']Anyone know if the PS3 version of Extraction is gonna be Move exclusive? I'm not sure I'm ever gonna get Move and my Dead Space 1 is 360, I'd hate to switch.[/quote]You can use a regular controller too.

[quote name='Izod517']And in the correct forum too! Blasphemy![/QUOTE]

Well, I did ask that my thread be moved to the deals section, as most people seem to think this is a deal. I certainly do. I was completely expecting at least a $100 price, and didn't think that $150 was going to be too outrageous either. I guess this might be on par with the LBP 2 CE.

I mainly posted in in the gaming news section because at the time, there weren't any details. It was promptly updated when details came however, and that was like 4 hours before this thread was even created.

Just sayin'.

I just hope this doesnt end up like the Fallout 3 SE Pipboy & Arkham Asylum CE Batarang where the final product is crappier than the one used for the image.

[quote name='Bezerker']I just hope this doesnt end up like the Fallout 3 SE Pipboy & Arkham Asylum CE Batarang where the final product is crappier than the one used for the image.[/QUOTE]

How can it not turn out that way? It's only $20 more than the regular version and that includes this replica, soundtrack, lithograph and the nicer outer box. Obviously, this is going to be a fairly low end product. Not to say there's anything wrong with that, but if you guys honestly believe this is going to be some nice quality reproduction of the weapon, you're in for a cruel surprise come January. My speculation based on the photo is it's essentially a small LED flashlight shaped like the in-game weapon.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I'm tired of this MSRP crap . Why are the mods not doing anything to remove this garbage from deals thread?[/QUOTE]

Because that would be one less affiliate link. It sort of seems like a conflict of interests, the site is here to save it users money but it's also here to make the owner(s) money. It's understandable, this site is a business just as much as the companies that sell the games.

I don't care much about CE games anymore, as I look @ it as saving money to buy more/better games & saving space in my apartment, however this CE is MUST HAVE...esp @ this price! :bouncy:

sold. gotta have one, but like several others have already said; the scale of the replica plasma cutter will make or break this edition. anything less than full scale means it's just a throw-away toy. We're talking collectibility only if it turns out to be a 1:1 scale prop.

Now if it also rotated to allow alternate firing mode at the flick of a switch? holy, cosplay heaven.

waiting to see...

edit: from the photo, it might be difficult to judge the scale since the shot was likely a composite; but... on a stretch, when compared to the DVD case or the DVD disc; chances aren't looking good. hunch is mini-replica; which means I'll pass.

edit 2: Jan 25 is gonna be awesome either way. calendar it; time to pre-order the vanilla edition.

Despite their quoting in the E3 conference, EA will most likely put Extraction in the 360 LE version too. If they don't they will put some other stuffs to make it up.

Also, seeing how cheap this LE is, don't hold your breath on the Cutter. It will most likely be pretty cheap quality. You get what you pay for.

[quote name='miriamleo']Despite their quoting in the E3 conference, EA will most likely put Extraction in the 360 LE version too. If they don't they will put some other stuffs to make it up.

Also, seeing how cheap this LE is, don't hold your breath on the Cutter. It will most likely be pretty cheap quality. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't believe people are even holding out any hope that this will be anywhere close to 1:1 scale. It will have to be tiny. It has to fit in the box and the weight has to be low to make shipping practical, especially for only an additional $20. I 100% guarantee this will be nowhere near 1:1 scale and will essentially be a small flashlight shaped like the cutter. Also, while Extraction may not come with the 360 LE, it will likely be sold on Xbox Live or otherwise available. There is no point in missing out on free revenue for what will be a very easy port.

bread's done
Back