Dead Space 2 street date broken by Wal-Mart

ceck3969

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
This is probably ymmv, but if you live in the Chicago area Dead Space 2 standard ed is in stock and for sale at the Wal-Mart in Evergreen Park IL. I just got back and all platforms are on the shelf and 59.96. Hope this benefits someone, would have bought one myself but I have a CE on the way next week.:D

Paying retail price a week early is NOT a deal. Besides which, WalMart and many other retailers have it so their systems will NOT allow the early sale of street dated games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Paying retail price a week early is NOT a deal. Besides which, WalMart and many other retailers have it so their systems will NOT allow the early sale of street dated games.[/QUOTE]

This. Just because someone put them on the shelf doesn't mean they'll actually sell it to you.

I already checked with the cashier, since she did the price check for me and it is available for sale. Also since this is not a deal, I did not put it in the deals thread. Hence the shopping discussion forum.
Why is such an excellent site filled with so many pains-in-the-ass?

[quote name='dannyox718']wow, way to stomp all over OP's generous heads-up you guys. i hope you feel better about yourselves. thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
Just because one store has it in stock does NOT mean it's available for sale. The system would have likely stopped it.
[quote name='ceck3969']I already checked with the cashier, since she did the price check for me and it is available for sale. Also since this is not a deal, I did not put it in the deals thread. Hence the shopping discussion forum.
Why is such an excellent site filled with so many pains-in-the-ass?[/QUOTE]
A price check does NOT equal a sales transaction though. Had they tried to ring the game through it likely would have stopped it.

[quote name='ceck3969']I already checked with the cashier, since she did the price check for me and it is available for sale. Also since this is not a deal, I did not put it in the deals thread. Hence the shopping discussion forum.
Why is such an excellent site filled with so many pains-in-the-ass?[/QUOTE]

Most of the pains in the ass come from the guys lingering in the deals forum hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds. Don't sweat it OP!

wow-jenkins.jpg

Ash, that pic is priceless. Made my day as well.:D

[quote name='Ash Burton']Most of the pains in the ass come from the guys lingering in the deals forum hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds. Don't sweat it OP!

wow-jenkins.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ash Burton']Most of the pains in the ass come from the guys lingering in the deals forum hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds. Don't sweat it OP!

wow-jenkins.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail right on the head with that one. Most of the cag's seem to be people that collect games and do not play them just to add to their collection lists.

Wal-mart might be ok, but Target's system is uber strict. My nephew wanted to buy a LEGO Ninjago set a few days after Christmas that Target had half an aisle of product stocked on display.

The register refused to ring it up because the street date for it was supposed to be 1/02/11. Unbreakable street dates for LEGO, who knew.

More on-topic: This is much better than the Black Ops "I got it for MSRP disc-only a week before street date from Craigslist" thread a while back.

[quote name='Kerig']More on-topic: This is much better than the Black Ops "I got it for MSRP disc-only a week before street date from Craigslist" thread a while back.[/QUOTE]
I remember that and I also remember thinking about whether or not they had to handle the disc with oven mitts cuz that think had to be white hot.;)

wow-jenkins.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol: Lovin the brace in the right arm.

I run a WM electronics dept. I can ASSURE you now that... 1. It was a mistake from a.) Dumb Employee b.) Dumb Employee that didnt read the release date on the box. c.) Dumb mistake by vendor not dating the box (happens often) with a mix of Dumb Employee who doesnt know street dates without a box telling them.

The system WILL NOT allow a item to go through that is street dated until exactly midnight the day of..thats not per store but company wide.

You can still price check the street dated items anytime. That does not mean that the system will allow the sale to transact.

On another note..Thanks for letting everyone know though about the CHANCE of getting one early.

bread's done
Back