Dead Space 3 $40 @ GS

Tempting. WWE 13 is getting $30 trade in credit and that is what I paid there when it was on sale. I'm thinking of making the switch

[quote name='trunks982']my friend bought dead space 3 at launch at gamestop. do they let u do price match/price adjust?[/QUOTE]

No, I hate Gamestop

[quote name='trunks982']my friend bought dead space 3 at launch at gamestop. do they let u do price match/price adjust?[/QUOTE]

Just buy a copy now and return it with the old receipt.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Just buy a copy now and return it with the old respite.[/QUOTE]

have you done this before? If this really works i'm doing it.

[quote name='Deader2818']Just buy a copy now and return it with the old respite.[/QUOTE]
You may need the receipt, before you take that respite.

[quote name='jut22']have you done this before? If this really works i'm doing it.[/QUOTE]

Yep ^_^ I haven't been in a gamestop in years but my brother does this all the time. I do not know, however, whether they'll whether they'll give you a cash/credit card refund or a store credit.

[quote name='Envel']Tempting. WWE 13 is getting $30 trade in credit and that is what I paid there when it was on sale. I'm thinking of making the switch[/QUOTE]

me too. i got wwe13 on sale and i beat the attitude era mode (all i really cared for). i can trade it in for 30 and get whatever.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Eh, in protest of EA's business model of this game I think I'll just buy it from Gamefly when it hits $15.[/QUOTE]

Screw the business model, in protest of this game not being that great I'll wait until it's $10. :D

Don't buy DS3 if you want local co-op, that is the only reason I bought it before it hit 10. It has no local and No system link, what is that bullshit?

[quote name='jut22']have you done this before? If this really works i'm doing it.[/QUOTE]

As long as its in the return window (i.e. 30 days on new) that you bought it originally, yes it works.

its a UPC (Universal Product Code). Meaning its the same UPC you get at local stores (i.e. bestbuy, walmart, etc) as it is at Gamestop. The only exception here is if you get some game with an exclusive for that particular retailer they will have an exclusive UPC. Greatest hits games may also have a different UPC.

If the UPC on the new game matches the old receipt then go for it, its a no brainer. (which it wil for DeadSpace 3 right now, especially if you buy your new copy at Gamestop).

And they should refund to original purchase type. so if you bought with cash you get cash, credit, its returned to that card.

sorry dumb ? but i bought dead space 3 from best buy a few days ago, can i price match and get $20 back after opening the game?

[quote name='GLiMpZe']sorry dumb ? but i bought dead space 3 from best buy a few days ago, can i price match and get $20 back after opening the game?[/QUOTE]

From BBY you should be able to take your receipt to the store and get a price match. If you ordered it online then you need to call CS to get the price match.

Bought this at launch to play with a friend. I loved 1 and 2, but 2 hours in and I cannot stand this game. It doesn't feel at all like a DS game for me.

I'm pissed no local co op
What the fuck EA, smh

I'm on chapter 5 and it's good so far but idk I wanted more dead space 2 stuff, this is drifting away

Issac got friend zoned though :(

[quote name='plus1zero']Bought this at launch to play with a friend. I loved 1 and 2, but 2 hours in and I cannot stand this game. It doesn't feel at all like a DS game for me.[/QUOTE]

It starts off more like Dead Space 2.5 and then finds its footing and feels like Dead Space for a while before going out quietly and forgettably.

[quote name='Snake2715']As long as its in the return window (i.e. 30 days on new) that you bought it originally, yes it works.

its a UPC (Universal Product Code). Meaning its the same UPC you get at local stores (i.e. bestbuy, walmart, etc) as it is at Gamestop. The only exception here is if you get some game with an exclusive for that particular retailer they will have an exclusive UPC. Greatest hits games may also have a different UPC.

If the UPC on the new game matches the old receipt then go for it, its a no brainer. (which it wil for DeadSpace 3 right now, especially if you buy your new copy at Gamestop).

And they should refund to original purchase type. so if you bought with cash you get cash, credit, its returned to that card.[/QUOTE]

elaborate on "with an exclusive." are you talking about preorder bonuses or what?

Traded FH vanilla for 33.60 grabbed the LE for 39.99. GS is all about timing, If I would have done this last week would have only got 24 and paid 59.99.

[quote name='gotdott']It starts off more like Dead Space 2.5 and then finds its footing and feels like Dead Space for a while before going out quietly and forgettably.[/QUOTE]
Having just finished it, I have to say this is surprisingly accurate.

I picked the $40 copy up today. I'm going to return it in the next couple days.

btw i used a $5 off pur coupon on the $60 copy...do i lose that $5 when i return it or do they give me that in store credit?

[quote name='gotdott']It starts off more like Dead Space 2.5 and then finds its footing and feels like Dead Space for a while before going out quietly and forgettably.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well at least we got Dead Space 3. That's the bright side.
But this is definitely the worst of the series outside of the Co-Op, I was pretty happy to have Co-Op in the end.
Hope the DLC is good and short. DS2 DLC was ultra short but I enjoyed those two chapters.
Not sure which is my favorite? DS2 or DS1? The first level in DS2... just breath taking by itself.

[quote name='jut22']fyi dead space 3 is back up to $60 at gamestop.[/quote]

noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah well at least we got Dead Space 3. That's the bright side.
But this is definitely the worst of the series outside of the Co-Op, I was pretty happy to have Co-Op in the end.
Hope the DLC is good and short. DS2 DLC was ultra short but I enjoyed those two chapters.
Not sure which is my favorite? DS2 or DS1? The first level in DS2... just breath taking by itself.[/QUOTE]

I think it essentially boils down to whichever you played first because of that initial immersion. Once you've become familiar with the necromorphs and the story's tendencies it will obviously not feel the same as your first playthrough.

This third installment however, definitely does not offer any of that because of the human enemies in the beginning, the many set pieces, and the immediate rush down by hordes of necromorphs. There's no buildup and it's just not Dead Space, at least until everything calms down a few hours in.

[quote name='Desousa93']Don't buy DS3 if you want local co-op, that is the only reason I bought it before it hit 10. It has no local and No system link, what is that bullshit?[/QUOTE]

so its like the other two dead space games? the problem being then....???

but i know whats happened here....dead space went from odd out of nowhere title that fans loved to EA putting out two more sequels so it is popular and thus people hate it for the most random of reasons like no local co-op despite that was never a feature in the series before and would undoubtedly take away from the experience.

Played the demo and wasn't impressed but still picked it up because the $30 gohastings deal was too good to pass up.

Halfway through I'd say its better than expected but it's not as good as the previous games.

bread's done
Back