Dead Space 3, Anarchy Reigns, Aliens Colonial Marine $9.99 and more at Newegg --DEAD

Yeah, but she refused to do that. She was very determined and said that they were very cheap and that they don't PM newegg.
She lied and it was in stock at the time. I would talk to a manager about it. It would be one thing to refuse to do it, but she lied, so you can bring in a manager.

Man, Fuse went from "Out of Stock" to "Discontinued". Not looking good for a restock on this sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably pointless to ask, but do you think that if I go to to BB, they may let me explain I tried to PM a couple of games from newegg, but the girl refused to PM it because in her opinion they were too cheap and then she said they don't PM newegg. I remember the names of the employees who were there. The other employee heard what was happening. She also wrote down the prices(but she probably throw away the paper already) so the camera probably caught that.

She looked very determined when she refused to help me and when she said they didn't PM newegg so I left and I verified at home that BB actually PM newegg.

Think that will be worth a shot?
why didn't you talk to a manager in the first place? The moment she told you that they don't price match newegg you should have went straight to her boss. Even if you didn't get the price match you should have shamed that lying employee and then do the whole calling corporate dance with them.

why didn't you talk to a manager in the first place? The moment she told you that they don't price match newegg you should have went straight to her boss. Even if you didn't get the price match you should have shamed that lying employee and then do the whole calling corporate dance with them.
I said she refused to help me. She didn't call anyone. She just asked the nearby employee, and he wasn't sure but still proved her she was right. So she she said: there you go, I'm sorry but i can't PM from that site.

Probably pointless to ask, but do you think that if I go to to BB, they may let me explain I tried to PM a couple of games from newegg, but the girl refused to PM it because in her opinion they were too cheap and then she said they don't PM newegg. I remember the names of the employees who were there. The other employee heard what was happening. She also wrote down the prices(but she probably throw away the paper already) so the camera probably caught that.

She looked very determined when she refused to help me and when she said they didn't PM newegg so I left and I verified at home that BB actually PM newegg.

Think that will be worth a shot?
Ok,. I explained the situation to the manager. He is willing to help and price match the newegg prices, but there's a catch: he wants screenshots of the pages that shows the prices.

Anyone got some screenshots for dead space 3, skyrim legendary edition, and bioshock infinite? All for PS3.

Ok,. I explained the situation to the manager. He is willing to help and price match the newegg prices, but there's a catch: he wants screenshots of the pages that shows the prices.

Anyone got some screenshots for dead space 3, skyrim legendary edition, and bioshock infinite? All for PS3.
Dead Space 3 and Skyrim you shouldn't be able to price match, since they were out of stock and unavailable at newegg by the time any best buy stores opened in the morning.

I'm not for stores lying to deny a price match , like saying they don't match newegg, but do it by the rules they set. If the games were out of stock on newegg, then she was right to deny those two, even if she gave a wrong reason for it.

I think when he tried to price match they were in stock.
Dead Space 3 and Skyrim for ps3 were reported as being oos by morning. Dead Space 3 I ordered right when the topic was posted, Skyrim was one of those where when I woke up in the morning I decided to buy it, and it was not longer available to add to cart. It's possible that it came back into stock for a short time, but if that's the case, that's one where you call and place the price match order by phone for in store pick up, because by the time you make it to the store, it's going to be oos again.

I managed to get Best Buy to price match Bioshock Infinite last night even though it was OOS. Manager and employee didn't even say anything. If they would have denied me I wouldn't have thrown a fit. Cool to get it.

You guys are price-matching games that are OOS. That's pretty shady, imho.
I don't see how that is shady. I do it all the time in store, but not over the phone(will always say no). I don't spend cash on games so im always going to price match over the phone(if in stock) or in store(OOS) at Best Buy. Some people may not be cool with the manager or employees like me, but most of the time unless it's someone new they will price match a oos game. It's also always best to try to price match at the register instead of CS.

Yes I know it's against policy but so what, if the manager or employee wants to give the green light that it's okay. GUESS WHAT IM NOT COMPLAINING, if they say no that's fine by me.

I managed to get Best Buy to price match Bioshock Infinite last night even though it was OOS. Manager and employee didn't even say anything. If they would have denied me I wouldn't have thrown a fit. Cool to get it.
exactly. some people like to act like it's committing a murder for trying to pm a oos item.

Price matched the collectors edition of aliens colonial marines for $19.99 at bestbuy.
Also price matched do key kong (3DS) for $22.99.
Thanks OP !

exactly. some people like to act like it's committing a murder for trying to pm a oos item.
I'm cool with asking them to match an OOS deal. Worst they can say is no. If they do say no, though (and for a valid reason like our policy states that the item has to be in stock and it's not) then you let it go instead of crying to the 800 number or calling the manager the next day to complain.

i just think it's a waste of time unless you have been successful before. My bestbuy does almost everything by the book so PMing an oos item is probably not going to work out for me but other folks may have more flexible CS reps so by all means go for it.

You know what's worse than shady? Stupid capitalist America that tells me that they won't do a PM on an OOS item, which IS THE POINT OF PRICE MATCHING! If Walmart has a game for $20 instock, why would I price match at Best Buy? (from a normal customer's standpoint. CAGs have Best Buy credit, but not Walmart credit, most of the time.) Not PMing an OOS item defeates the purpose of a PM.
Totally incorrect. The idea of a PM is that a customer who prefers a particular retailer for whatever reason has the ability to get the same pricing on identical items that they wish to purchase. If there is no stock at the retailer being matched, it totally defeats the point of doing a PM since the customer can't then actually buy the item as advertised from the original retailer anyway. It would also give retailers an incentive to low ball in their ads and only stock a tiny amount of inventory so they could force their competitors to match ridiculously low prices.

You know what's worse than shady? Stupid capitalist America that tells me that they won't do a PM on an OOS item, which IS THE POINT OF PRICE MATCHING! If Walmart has a game for $20 instock, why would I price match at Best Buy? (from a normal customer's standpoint. CAGs have Best Buy credit, but not Walmart credit, most of the time.) Not PMing an OOS item defeates the purpose of a PM.
Man, you're a douchebag.

I honestly think you WANT to start fights and get banned... Why would ANYONE pricematch an out of stock item willingly? Also wth are you russian from the soviet union? "Stupid capitalist America"? Pricematching in general lets you get EVERYTHING at bestbuy, even though it is on sale in multiple places. They want your buisness, they want you in the store buying, so that way you might see something and go "OH I didn't know I wanted that but now I do!" Just the physical act of being at the store increases the likelihood of you buying it. Also, your example was a terrible one, Walmart is awful to shop at, when an item is out of stock, THAT STORE IS NO LONGER SELLING IT, therefore there is nothing to price match. Bestbuy is not a spillover store for newegg where once they no longer have the item you still get it at their sale price. Not to mention pming is good in that you can get the item from an online retailer the same day, as opposed to within the week.

That sounds so stupid. Prefers a particular retailer? Who has loyalty to a particular retailer. Just sounds like the typical corporate-speak lies we've come to expect from these places.

That sounds more plausible, but it's still not very likely that that's the case.
Seriously how is retailer loyalty stupid?

Is car loyalty/car lot loyalty stupid? Brand loyalty? Android vs Apple loyalty?

I think they should PM OOS items. Chances are if an item is OOS on the site, and they refuse the PM I'm either A) Not going to buy it B) Going to give the other place my money when it comes in stock.

That sounds so stupid. Prefers a particular retailer? Who has loyalty to a particular retailer. Just sounds like the typical corporate-speak lies we've come to expect from these places.

That sounds more plausible, but it's still not very likely that that's the case.
People with credit, people with rewards cards, people who'd rather shop at one store over the other, people who have one store much closer to them than the other, etc.

I think they should PM OOS items. Chances are if an item is OOS on the site, and they refuse the PM I'm either A) Not going to buy it B) Going to give the other place my money when it comes in stock.
Ok, so you are punishing them by not buying an item that they weren't going to pm, that you weren't buying unless they DID Pm, not to mention that even if you wanted to, you COULD NOT buy it at the place you tried to price match, because they RAN OUT. Your second point also made no sense, when it comes back in stock why not price match it THEN...?

Ok, so you are punishing them by not buying an item that they weren't going to pm, that you weren't buying unless they DID Pm, not to mention that even if you wanted to, you COULD NOT buy it at the place you tried to price match, because they RAN OUT. Your second point also made no sense, when it comes back in stock why not price match it THEN...?
The second points makes plenty sense. Do you know where you are going to be when it comes back into stock?

In the retail world sale lost = money lost which for the most part is true. I have come in for 1 item alone, and picked up a couple other things, but didn't buy them when I couldn't get the 1 item I came in for.

The second points makes plenty sense. Do you know where you are going to be when it comes back into stock?

In the retail world sale lost = money lost which for the most part is true. I have come in for 1 item alone, and picked up a couple other things, but didn't buy them when I couldn't get the 1 item I came in for.
You're just wrong. Yes, the point of price matching is to get people in store so they will buy more than one item. However, any policy where a store will price match OOs items is just plain stupid. That's why nobody does it.

Bojay already explained why. I can't even begin to understand how and why you could argue against his logic.

You're just wrong. Yes, the point of price matching is to get people in store so they will buy more than one item. However, any policy where a store will price match OOs items is just plain stupid. That's why nobody does it.

Bojay already explained why. I can't even begin to understand how and why you could argue against his logic.
I wasn't arguing with anyone's logic.

Nothing stupid about PM'ing a OOS item, because you never know if it will come in stock, and lose out on the money. If it said discontinued that would be different.

I was just saying what I thought on the issue.

I wasn't arguing with anyone's logic.

Nothing stupid about PM'ing a OOS item, because you never know if it will come in stock, and lose out on the money. If it said discontinued that would be different.

I was just saying what I thought on the issue.
i can understand that, but retailer logic works waaay differently. I tried to pm FFXIII-2 awhile back for $10 and bb denied because they had that special edition and said it had to be exact even though that was the only standard copy they had but whatever. They still rung it up with another game i bought that day because they probably thought i just wanted the game no matter what price it was which is how the average customer usually plays out

You do realize each product has a cost, right? Maybe Newegg was willing to take a loss to clear out their last few units, as typically happens during a CLEARANCE. But Best Buy didn't need or want to take a loss on their remaining units. Particularly considering the item is OOS.

The price match isn't there to extend availability for every ridiculous clearance price that lasts a few hours (at best) on a random website. If they did that, they would constantly be selling items at a loss - and that's before paying employees, rent, A/C, advertising, etc. Now I'm sure even on legit price matches - they sometimes sell at a loss - and they look past that in order to retain customers. However it's pretty damn stupid to expect retailers to take losses on items that are OOS, that are clearanced, or that are price mistakes by their competitors. There is simply no reason to price match an item that cannot actually be obtained anywhere for the targeted price.

It's one thing to try to get the match, and shrug your shoulders when they say no. It's another thing altogether to feel ENTITLED about it. Some people on here are practically street beggars with how they expect things to be handed to them. (not saying you, just that's the attitude I've observed from some).

Dead Space 3 and Skyrim you shouldn't be able to price match, since they were out of stock and unavailable at newegg by the time any best buy stores opened in the morning.

I'm not for stores lying to deny a price match , like saying they don't match newegg, but do it by the rules they set. If the games were out of stock on newegg, then she was right to deny those two, even if she gave a wrong reason for it.
When I tried to PM, it was when OP just created the topic and I rushed to the store. She confirmed they were in stock but refused to PM because they were too cheap AND she lied by saying they didn't PM newegg.

I explained the manager today they were OOS, but he told me I just need screenshoots of the prices: Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim: LE, and DS3.

When I tried to PM, it was when OP just created the topic and I rushed to the store. She confirmed they were in stock but refused to PM because they were too cheap AND she lied by saying they didn't PM newegg.

I explained the manager today they were OOS, but he told me I just need screenshoots of the prices: Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim: LE, and DS3.
My mistake. I recalled the time the sale started incorrectly. I had thought it started around 10 or 11, when no Best Buy stores were open, but it was shortly after 8.

Although my sentiment remains the same towards the majority of folks complaining that a store wouldn't price match, I would extend to you my apologies

I'm cool with asking them to match an OOS deal. Worst they can say is no. If they do say no, though (and for a valid reason like our policy states that the item has to be in stock and it's not) then you let it go instead of crying to the 800 number or calling the manager the next day to complain.
i just think it's a waste of time unless you have been successful before. My bestbuy does almost everything by the book so PMing an oos item is probably not going to work out for me but other folks may have more flexible CS reps so by all means go for it.
I ask all the time because I do know there is a great chance they will say yes. My Best Buy is not in a very populated area so I think they would take any kind of business they can get(reason they so its okay). Like I said earlier I'm not going to complain if they say no, im just going to move on and wait until another sale. I just didn't understand why that one guy said it was shady to try to pm oos items, that's what I meant in my post.

bread's done
Back