Dead Space 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 $10 - MS Store - Free Shipping

Might be worth checking your local Target also. I saw they had both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions on clearance for 6 bucks. As someone else has mentioned though, the PS3 version will be free for plus members next month.

Is DS3 that bad? I haven't any good things, but I really enjoyed DS1 and have yet to play DS2...

Is DS3 that bad? I haven't any good things, but I really enjoyed DS1 and have yet to play DS2...
It's not a bad game so much as a disappointing game if you've played the first two games and are expecting more of that. Where as the first two games were a healthy mix of third-person shooter and atmospheric horror, the third game is pretty much just a shooter. The action is still solid if you're a fan of the first two but add shoe-horned co-op, a completely ridiculous (and not the good kind of ridiculous) wrap-up to the story and a crafting element added solely to cram in microtransactions, 3 feels like an ugly executive decision and not a natural progression of the series.

If you haven't played 2, go get it. You'll be glad you did. It's a little more action-y than the first game but it still strikes a pretty good balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is DS3 that bad? I haven't any good things, but I really enjoyed DS1 and have yet to play DS2...
DS3 is better than DS2 but nowhere near as good as DS1 because it is less survival horror and more horror shooter. Still has some moments but I feel like playing Dead Space 1 did more to make Dead Space 3 tense than DS3 actually did (you had experienced so many tense moments in the first game you keep waiting for them in the third).

As a big fan of the series, I would say this is the worst in the series. I would even go as far as to say that its a bad game in general. Instead of properly pacing enemy encounters and jump scares, it just constantly bombards you with enemies. It's the only one in the series that I haven't bothered to finish/Platinum.

bread's done
Back