Dead Space: Extraction price drop @ gamestop 29.99

jamesesdad

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74036
Searched and didn't see this posted any where else, so if its a repost feel free to contact a mod to delete it. As stated in the title Gamestop has dropped the price of dead space extraction to 30 dollars. Haven't played this yet so I don't really know if 30 is worth it, but I have been waiting for the price to drop on this one for a minute. Not sure if this is permanent price drop as the used price is currently higher than the new price.:applause:

I bought this during the BB B2G1 sale earlier this year and have not regreted the it. I like rail shooters so it's not an issue for me. :)

IMHO it is not worth 30$. It is a great game, and I enjoyed it. But it took me 5 hours even. The slow pacing hurts the replayability for me. I bought it at 20$ from amazon lightning deal a while back and thought it was worth that. Shouldn't be too much longer til' we see that price again (or better). I threw it up on goozex for 850 points once I finished it.

Sorta wish I picked it up at $20 at gs on bf but I get the feeling that it'll be a diamond in the rough type at $10 game soon enough.

I just picked this game up last night at gamestop. If you enjoy the resident evil rail shooters, or house of the dead overkill, this one is a no brainer. Very atmospheric, and does a decent job of filling in some more of the dead space universe. If you have some games you can trade in for it I would recommend it. I think the game would be an easy recommend to any one at 20, however if you like rail shooters than I'm gonna say check it out at 30.

Pretty sure this is just a temporary reduction as part of the holiday sale, and will end tonight. The used price hasn't dropped, which is usually an indicator that the new price will bounce back up pretty soon.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Co-op?[/QUOTE]

It has co-op. Same screen, basically it adds another gun. I really liked the story. It was on the short side for sure, but a solid rent or buy at $20.

[quote name='LuisRM']It has co-op. Same screen, basically it adds another gun. I really liked the story. It was on the short side for sure, but a solid rent or buy at $20.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the confirmation.

yes there is co-op, drop in out at any time. The game requires a nunchuck for player 1, but player 2 can use just the remote, although the control is much better with chuck since you need it to do the melee strike.

I have to disagree with marineal. Just because the game didn't sell well doesn't mean its a bad game or not worth 20 dollars. If people were stupid enough to go by your metric no one would have ever played amazing games like psychonauts, or panzer dragoon orta (granted this game isn't even close in terms of quality or originality to those two). I think the game is good enough that it will prob. stick around the 20 dollar mark for a while like house of the dead overkill has done. If you have some one else to play with, def. check it out.

[quote name='jamesesdad']I have to disagree with marineal. Just because the game didn't sell well doesn't mean its a bad game or not worth 20 dollars. If people were stupid enough to go by your metric no one would have ever played amazing games like psychonauts, or panzer dragoon orta (granted this game isn't even close in terms of quality or originality to those two). I think the game is good enough that it will prob. stick around the 20 dollar mark for a while like house of the dead overkill has done. If you have some one else to play with, def. check it out.[/QUOTE]
I picked up HOTD for 12.99, so it didn't stick around the 20 dollar mark. In my post i never claimed that the game was bad at all, just not worth 20 dollars. Just for the record i did buy Panzer Dragoon Orta for xbox from gamequestdirect 3 years ago for $29.99

Nice, i believe i paid about 30 for orta as well at best buy, what an amazing game, was totally worth 30 too! sorry for missunderstanding you! HOTD:OK for 12.99 what a deal!!!!

[quote name='Foo228']Sorta wish I picked it up at $20 at gs on bf but I get the feeling that it'll be a diamond in the rough type at $10 game soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

I'm guessing this wasn't actually a Universal price drop because very site seems to have jacked the price back to $50. Lame. This game is selling like crap. It should easily be $30 by now.

Yeah GS was going to shoot the price up after the weekend after Xmas.

I got DSE as a gift for Xmas and they paid full price for it. I enjoy it but then again I didn't pay $50 for it, haha.

Echoing that $20 is the right price for this. I paid that much on amazon and was satisfied, but did not feel like it was worth $30. It's pretty short (maybe 6 hours) and you probably won't replay it, but it's still very fun. I'm not a huge renter but a 3-5 day rental would be the best way to experience this game, but otherwise wait for $20.

bread's done
Back