Dead Space For $5 After 1,000 Likes (PS3 and XBOX)

megahertz_777

CAG Veteran
Copied from slickdeals.net

This could turn out to being a very slick deal. THIS DEAL IS NOT LIVE YET.

EA Flash deals have been a big hit on slickdeals but this one will take some work to become live.

Instructions:

1) Go here: http://www.facebook.com/eaflashdeals
2) You have to "Like" EA Flash Deals (to be able to "Like" there videos)
3) Vote ("Like" either or both videos titled "Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2....". You have to "Like" them on facebook NOT youtube)
4) First video to recieve 1,000 likes will activate the EA Flash deal for 75% off.

The videos are really funny. I personally like the black lady's video because she "medium disapproves".
emot-LMAO.gif
(there are so many quotables in that video)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went onto youtube and liked the video "Dead Space 2 Trailer", but the price of Dead Space still hasn't adjusted in my cart... the system must be down or something.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I went onto youtube and liked the video "Dead Space 2 Trailer", but the price of Dead Space still hasn't adjusted in my cart... the system must be down or something.[/QUOTE]

I medium disapprove of your method.

I have this on the way from goozex but of course the guy sending it to me apparently bought postage and has neglected to put it in the mail for the last 6 days. weeee

Make sure you are liking both vids.

Once one of the vids gets 1,000 it unlocks.

Liking just the EA Facebook doesn't count.

The black lady's video is currently winning. So far 550 "Likes".

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I went onto youtube and liked the video "Dead Space 2 Trailer", but the price of Dead Space still hasn't adjusted in my cart... the system must be down or something.[/QUOTE]
Way to just not read the OP.

FYI Dead Space 1 for the 360 has been OOS for the last few hours (at least). Hopefully goes back in-stock when this goes live... I'd try it for $5. Dead Space 2 was fun.

Edit: Err.... but you can still order it, seemingly? (can add to cart)

PS3 is still in stock.

[quote name='Rodster']Wasn't this game recently selling on either Amazon or Newegg for around $10?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Wasn't this selling on EA's website for roughly the same? :roll:

It's up currently for $10, but this would potentially make it $5 with free shipping. That's about all I'd drop on it, since I'm not a fan of EA or horror/cheap scare games.

Let's get this puppy going live before 4 PM PST.

edit: OP--you should probably mention there's a possible EA Flash Deal, or something to address the nature of the deal.

[quote name='Rhett']It's up currently for $10, but this would potentially make it $5 with free shipping. That's about all I'd drop on it, since I'm not a fan of EA or horror/cheap scare games.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space is a very solid game. Just yesterday I finally popped it in, and finished Impossible for the 1k.

Did anyone play Extraction? What type of game is it?

[quote name='Trance Addix']Did anyone play Extraction? What type of game is it?[/QUOTE]
It's a rail shooter via motion-sensor control.

You know, I'm actually into the whole Dead Space mythos via the animated feature and whatever I know about the game. It's just, I have a hard time getting into predominantly one-protagonist FPSs.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Any chance of getting the original version instead of the Platinum Hits?[/QUOTE]

They been shipping out PH for a while I heard.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Any chance of getting the original version instead of the Platinum Hits?[/QUOTE]
Most-likely not. Beyond that, I think they're out of stock with the Xbox 360 versions.

[quote name='sadboy']It's a rail shooter via motion-sensor control.

You know, I'm actually into the whole Dead Space mythos via the animated feature and whatever I know about the game. It's just, I have a hard time getting into predominantly one-protagonist FPSs.[/QUOTE]

The one for LIVE Arcade? Or am I getting the name mixed up lol?

[quote name='Trance Addix']The one for LIVE Arcade? Or am I getting the name mixed up lol?[/QUOTE]
Yikes. I don't know in that case.

[quote name='sadboy']It's a rail shooter via motion-sensor control.

You know, I'm actually into the whole Dead Space mythos via the animated feature and whatever I know about the game. It's just, I have a hard time getting into predominantly one-protagonist FPSs.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was a bit let down when I played the first DS because the narrative wasn't quite as strong as the pre-release comics and animated features led me to believe. However, I have to say the sequel looks like it's going to have alot more narrative or at least other characters in the cut scenes. I'm pretty psyched for it, after feeling mixed on the first game.

[quote name='Rhett']It's up currently for $10, but this would potentially make it $5 with free shipping. That's about all I'd drop on it, since I'm not a fan of EA or horror/cheap scare games.[/QUOTE]

For EA I admit this game is really good, so I don't understand your whole horror/cheap thing but, whatever to each their own. The game is awesome in my opinion.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Wait so by liking they send you a code for 75% off or something? Or how does this work?[/QUOTE]

Did you read anything in the first post?

Doesn't look like free shipping is happening...

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Wait so by liking they send you a code for 75% off or something? Or how does this work?[/QUOTE]
If either video receives 1000 "Likes" it will activate the deal.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']that's because I.... I can't read. Way to rub it in![/QUOTE]
how did you read his post then?

[quote name='Trance Addix']The one for LIVE Arcade? Or am I getting the name mixed up lol?[/QUOTE]

Extraction was originally on the Wii and being ported/updated for PS3 only. It'll support normal DualShock 3 or Move (whatever you have/prefer). The one on Live/PSN is Ignition.

[quote name='Rhett'] Dead Space 2 was fun.[/QUOTE]

Are you a reviewer who got an advanced copy?? Game's not out yet.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Extraction was originally on the Wii and being ported/updated for PS3 only. It'll support normal DualShock 3 or Move (whatever you have/prefer). The one on Live/PSN is Ignition.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's it. How's the gameplay?

No clue. I don't own a Wii and I'm glad I don't as two our of the three biggest non-Nintendo games I want are coming to the PS3 (Extraction and NMH). I have heard very good things about Extraction on the Wii.

As far as Ignition. I am glad I got it for free cause if I paid $5 for it I would be a little annoyed, the only redeeming factor is that the game unlocks stuff in Dead Space 2. The story is about 2 characters that don't matter (as far as I can tell), the games are just boring mini-games, and the cutscenes are basically poor graphic novel images that they "animate" poorly. Oh and the voice acting sucks too.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No clue. I don't own a Wii and I'm glad I don't as two our of the three biggest non-Nintendo games I want are coming to the PS3 (Extraction and NMH). I have heard very good things about Extraction on the Wii.

As far as Ignition. I am glad I got it for free cause if I paid $5 for it I would be a little annoyed, the only redeeming factor is that the game unlocks stuff in Dead Space 2. The story is about 2 characters that don't matter (as far as I can tell), the games are just boring mini-games, and the cutscenes are basically poor graphic novel images that they "animate" poorly. Oh and the voice acting sucks too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll assume the achievements are easy enough since this is a "promotion" type game. Boot it up over the weekend.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Thanks, I'll assume the achievements are easy enough since this is a "promotion" type game. Boot it up over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

They're not that bad, easier with a guide though. If by promotion you mean to promote Dead Space 2 then yeah, but if you mean promotion as in "given out for free because free makes people happy" then no, this was free at the last minute, it was supposed to be $5 for everyone, but then they decided to give it away (which was nice of em).

bread's done
Back