Dead Space-Gen. Discussion & Info

B

Blackout

I didn't see a thread in the PS3 section for this game. Anyone pick it up yet? I got it yesterday and I'm going to start playing tonight.

BTW, to those who reserved at Gamestop. Did you guys get your code for the exclusive download like you were supposed to? I didn't get mine.

EDIT: I'm really enjoying the game so far. The atmosphere is great.

Last edited:
[quote name='Blackout']I didn't see a thread in the PS3 section for this game. Anyone pick it up yet? I got it yesterday and I'm going to start playing tonight.

BTW, to those who reserved at Gamestop. Did you guys get your code for the exclusive download like you were supposed to? I didn't get mine.

EDIT: I'm really enjoying the game so far. The atmosphere is great.[/QUOTE]

I preordered as well and didn't get it until I complained as such through their customer service line.

I got up to Chapter 3. This game is awesome. The story is really interesting, not sure what is gonna happen next. There is some genuine "holy crap!" moments too. I love all the blood and gore.

Just remember if you use the obsidian or scorpion suit; you disqualify yourself from getting the "upgrade armor/all weapons" trophy. You could start a new save and get it from there next playthrough...i assume.

But yeah I had no expectations for this game and eventhough I'm still in ch. 2 I'm liking it so far.

This game is so awesome and scary at the same time. I'm currently on chapter 3 and the bad guys are getting a little harder so I gave in and used the free DLC suit for more slots. The melee attacks can be a little frustrating but it doesn't hinder the experience for me. I highly recommend this because it's worth the $60. I wish I had my hands on that 3-D art book but I don't think it was available in Canada, we always get screwed.

[quote name='woodcan']Yeah, I definitely want the game but just can't decide between the PS3 and 360 version.[/quote]

I got the PS3 version and I don't find anything wrong with it so far but I'm sure it's great on both consoles anyways. They need to put a demo out for both systems to show how awesome this game is.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah I want this badly, just no time to jump into it yet so I am waiting.[/quote]

Just make sure you download the free DLC from the PSN store because it's free for a limited time only.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Just make sure you download the free DLC from the PSN store because it's free for a limited time only.[/quote]

Okay I will thanks.

Did you guys watch the animated mini's on the PSN/online? The last part is still missing from the PSN but I think it is floating around the web.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I plan to get the game no doubt one day, but gotta wait until I get the $$$. Definitely interested.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I haven't played a good scifi horror game in a long time.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Just make sure you download the free DLC from the PSN store because it's free for a limited time only.[/quote]
The scorpion suit is $2.49 only the obsidian suit is free.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']How do you start with nthe obsidian suit? I downloaded it from the PS3 store and installed it. But when I started the game, the suit is normal.[/quote]

You can change to that suit from the shop/store that's in the game. It will be on sale for 0 credit so it's free, once you buy it it equips. I believe the shop is close to the end of the 1st chapter.

[quote name='rick3000gto']The scorpion suit is $2.49 only the obsidian suit is free.[/quote]

I thought the obsidian suit was free for a limited time.

I picked this game up yesterday during the B2G1 at TRU. I got it for the PS3 since I'm getting so many new games for the 360 and it offers trophies so I figured it might have a slight advantage over the 360 graphically and thne trophies sold me.

Did anyone else have a problem with the game going into 1080P. Mine would go into 720P. Unless I turned my display options to only 1080P

On the outside looking in, I thought that the combat was lame.. How do you guys like the combat for this game...

The combat itself is ok. Since the whole cutting limbs off thing is a big part of the game, I would have liked to have seen a better melee system. Maybe one where you can lock on a specific body part and cut it off. Right now it's just one move and he swings and swings.

Anyone know if there are any difference between the ps3 and 360 version? I ended up picking up the ps3 version bc I couldn't find a 360 copy at a TRU. I downloaded the free obsidian suit and I am tempted to download the scorpion suit because this game is so awesome. I haven enjoyed a single player game this much since bioshock.

Well Chapter 5 is pissing me off.
Hardly any ammo, guns suck, no damn health, and the Regenerating Monster one hit kills you. Plus, I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING. This is frustrating. It would help if I had some freakin' ammo.

Load times after you die are terrible.

[quote name='Blackout']

Load times after you die are terrible.[/quote]
fuck yea wats up with that its horrible. They should of had a brief install at the disk start-up so i dont have to wait.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Anyone know if there are any difference between the ps3 and 360 version? I ended up picking up the ps3 version bc I couldn't find a 360 copy at a TRU. I downloaded the free obsidian suit and I am tempted to download the scorpion suit because this game is so awesome. I haven enjoyed a single player game this much since bioshock.[/QUOTE]I just hear they are very similar since the game initially lead on 360, then moved to PS3 as the lead platform, so both should be near equal. Also, both have rumble and both have achievements/trophies, so this is one of those games a decision can be much harder.

If anyone could give me some pointers for Chapter 5 that would be great. It got to the point where I just turned off my PS3.

[quote name='Blackout']If anyone could give me some pointers for Chapter 5 that would be great. It got to the point where I just turned off my PS3.[/QUOTE]

What're you having trouble with?

Haha i'm just starting chapter 5 now or I am about to but I stopped to get something to eat and check my mail and stuff. Looking at the trophies there are only 12 levels and I just cruised through 4 of those in my first sit down with the game. Very much a rental in my opinion, the game is fun but it's very repetitive and back and forth playing fetch so far. It's keeping me enertained though lol.

And to the guy asking about PS3 vs 360, the PS3 looks really good and if you are anything like me then it'll be nice playing your PS3 again.. Although it does kinda suck to be missing the achievements but hey I got my first trophies. :)

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']What're you having trouble with?[/quote]

When you get locked in that huge room, and the regenerating monster that had previously attacked you is in there, along with other enemies. I have no health packs and very little ammo. I do the slow motion move on him, but the room is so damn dark I can't see where the other enemies are. I have very little ammo, and the "boss" if you will always one hit kills me.

It's not that bad, but the load times make it a chore because I keep dying.

[quote name='Blackout']
When you get locked in that huge room, and the regenerating monster that had previously attacked you is in there, along with other enemies. I have no health packs and very little ammo. I do the slow motion move on him, but the room is so damn dark I can't see where the other enemies are. I have very little ammo, and the "boss" if you will always one hit kills me.

It's not that bad, but the load times make it a chore because I keep dying.[/quote]
HAHAHAHAH just fucken run past em to the door.

Just finished it and yea level 5 was the first real challenge in the game but it's not really that bad.

When you are in the lab just keep freezing the big cheapass kill regen guy try to knock off his arms and then concentrate on the small guys who take longer to kill you untill the girl unlocks the doors for you. I kept dieing because I kept trying to figure out how to get out myself. The second time you face him at the end of level 5 just get him to chase you to the far side of the area and then run through the cryo chamber and he will follow. YOu freeze/stun him inside it and then run in the lil office and hit the computer panel and the chamber wisks him away. I avoided everything as much as I could rather than fight on that level saving ammo.

That part with the asteroids sucked. I'm currently in the middle of chapter 5. Just finished that section Blackout had trouble with. I didn't think it was that hard, but then
I immediately assumed it was just me waiting until Kendra opened the door.

I have a habit of sucking at games, so maybe it's a little harder for me than you guys. I'm gonna go back at it tonight.

So what do you guys feel about the load times after you die? After doing that section in Chapter 5 it makes some parts of the game a real chore.

Load times suck but I actually kinda like it, I was thinking damn I died now the game punishes me! haha

Just beat the game, the final boss is very impressive reminds me of the Lost Planet massive boss and that's all i'm gonna say. Dead Space turned out to be better than I expected but it's still just a rental in my eyes. I see no replay value other than your saves for a few spots in the game even though you are urged to play again.

Just beat the game too. $hady...think the last boss was too easy? It seemed like it. Now it's time to beat on impossible mode. But now I'll take my time on it since there's other trophies I missed.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Just beat the game too. $hady...think the last boss was too easy? It seemed like it. Now it's time to beat on impossible mode. But now I'll take my time on it since there's other trophies I missed.[/quote]

Yes it was to easy but cool looking, I was really hoping for more. No impossible mode for me to much backlog already. Took it back and checked out the PS3 version of Madden to see how the PSN runs it.

Boss
and as soon as I got barely a glimpse I was like this thing is gonna have yellow boils or whatever and i'm gonna have to blow those up. lol Way to think outside the box.

[quote name='$hady']Haha i'm just starting chapter 5 now or I am about to but I stopped to get something to eat and check my mail and stuff. Looking at the trophies there are only 12 levels and I just cruised through 4 of those in my first sit down with the game. Very much a rental in my opinion, the game is fun but it's very repetitive and back and forth playing fetch so far. It's keeping me enertained though lol.

And to the guy asking about PS3 vs 360, the PS3 looks really good and if you are anything like me then it'll be nice playing your PS3 again.. Although it does kinda suck to be missing the achievements but hey I got my first trophies. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah its kinda nice to turn on the PS3 since MGS4 and the occasional MLB the Show league game. I also got my first trophy on this game but it does suck that I haven't upgraded to the DS3. I am going to have to get on that.

Sweet. I finally got past the part I was having trouble with. :D

[quote name='Blackout']Sweet. I finally got past the part I was having trouble with. :D[/quote]
Nice but im stuck on Chapter 7.
How the fuck do i plant the beacon on the asteroid/meteor thing. The thing circuling it keeps killing me.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Nice but im stuck on Chapter 7.
How the fuck do i plant the beacon on the asteroid/meteor thing. The thing circuling it keeps killing me.
[/quote]

I know what you're talking about. If you look carefully at the way the blade thingy on the asteroid moves; there's one side where it doesn't go to the back. Hmm if you're looking at the base of the thing...it should be on the right side. You need to go back there anyways to get the other two beam thingys. Sorry if it's confusing, tired atm.

[quote name='Psykodelik']
I know what you're talking about. If you look carefully at the way the blade thingy on the asteroid moves; there's one side where it doesn't go to the back. Hmm if you're looking at the base of the thing...it should be on the right side. You need to go back there anyways to get the other two beam thingys. Sorry if it's confusing, tired atm.
[/quote]
OK I'll give it a try.

To you guys who beat the game, how much Trophy percentage did you finish with?

[quote name='Psykodelik']I beat it with around 50%. I just beat it w/only the plasma cutter. I didn't buy any of the other weapons.[/quote]

Guess that means you got that "only use plasma cutter" trophy. I thought about doing that for about a second and decided I'd enjoy the game more using all the weapons since no matter how much I like the game I may not play through it again once I finish it.

Beat the game on easy... not much of a challenge, especially since you get ammo and credits out the @$$. Working through on hard now, and it is definitely harder. Much more survival-horrorish than action horrorish with the scarce ammo and hardly any credits to buy anything. Enjoying it a lot though. Nice scares throughout, especially when the random guy grabs you from behind in the space vaccuum. Good game.

bread's done
Back