Dead Space / Mirror's Edge / Army of Two / LOTR: Conquest (All PS3) - $14.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='salazarmark']Hellz yeah. Well worth the full $60, people bitch about it not having multiplayer. I wish it's legal to kill those people.[/QUOTE]

I bitch about that game being not scary, having a lame story, and being complete overrated, not about it having multiplayer. I've never heard anyone complain about it not including MP. I paid full price and that was a big mistake.

I was lukewarm on Mirror's Edge but Dead Space is sublime. Whoever said its story is lame is a terrible person for thinking so. I played and traded it off long ago but I'm thinking about rebuying it, and I never do that.

I don't think Dead Space (or Mirror's Edge for that matter) have ever been labeled Platinum Hits.

But I actually like the red PS3 case...especially for a game for this.

[quote name='Acidbath42024']This is not really directly related to this topic, but what gives with the Iron Man (ps3) price point on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-PlayStation-3/dp/B00114XU60/ref=pd_sim_vg_76

$71.44 plus shipping costs! I mean really? Is this game out of print and I just dont know it?

Nevermind, Just realized this was through a 3rd party seller. That seller has some ridiculous prices on games![/QUOTE]

This usually happens when a game goes out of print, some sellers still have sealed copies and think someone is going to come along and spend 2-3x what it sold for originally,

[quote name='Casteor']I know this has been posted already[/QUOTE]

fail.png

anybody that is buying the 360 version of dead space (or any game) dont forget you can get sonics ultimate genesis collection for $10 (and others, but sugc is the only one i would consider). thanks op ordered dead space and sonics genesis collection for $26

[quote name='clarke32']I'm playing through Dead Space as we speak, great game and it's probably worth full retail, let alone $15[/QUOTE]

I played it for 10 min and put it down. Way too scary for me ....

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']anybody that is buying the 360 version of dead space (or any game) dont forget you can get sonics ultimate genesis collection for $10 (and others, but sugc is the only one i would consider). thanks op ordered dead space and sonics genesis collection for $26[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? Shows up as $35.94 total for me.

[quote name='chuckywang']I played it for 10 min and put it down. Way too scary for me ....[/QUOTE]

I would get Dead Space in a heart beat, but the game looks too scary for me (even though I can handle Resident Evil 5 Scary-- which is more on the survival/conserving/teamwork than scary).

[quote name='Casteor']I would get Dead Space in a heart beat, but the game looks too scary for me (even though I can handle Resident Evil 5 Scary-- which is more on the survival/conserving/teamwork than scary).[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I played the demo twice and decided I didn't want to do it. I may grab it for 15 now and just see if I grow up while on Christmas break.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Same with me. I played the demo twice and decided I didn't want to do it. I may grab it for 15 now and just see if I grow up while on Christmas break.[/QUOTE]

Don't think you grow up that fast over break, lol. I don't think that it has anything to do with your maturity (at this point). I mean, yeah, being older USUALLY means that you will be more mature because of your experience, but I think it has to do with what you can mentally handle.

[quote name='Casteor']Don't think you grow up that fast over break, lol. I don't think that it has anything to do with your maturity (at this point). I mean, yeah, being older USUALLY means that you will be more mature because of your experience, but I think it has to do with what you can mentally handle.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and ordered it and Sonic UGC. I'm 19 but I just don't watch scary movies ever, never saw the point so I think that makes me more skittish with those types of games.

[quote name='Casteor']No idea.

Anybody know why I see Xenogears as $199.99 on Amazon? or is this the price it actually is being sold for?

http://www.amazon.com/Xenogears-Playstation/dp/B000038IFX/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_2[/QUOTE]

That's from a third party seller, as others have noted, and priced so high for a variety of reasons. It certainly doesn't mean the price is the actual market value of the game, but this seller is hoping for a sucker to come along and bite.

I do the same, as I sell quite a bit on amazon. I sell cart only copies of Earthbound for $95-$100+...sold 3 on there this year.

[quote name='karkyco']That's from a third party seller, as others have noted, and priced so high for a variety of reasons. It certainly doesn't mean the price is the actual market value of the game, but this seller is hoping for a sucker to come along and bite.

I do the same, as I sell quite a bit on amazon. I sell cart only copies of Earthbound for $95-$100+...sold 3 on there this year.[/QUOTE]

I thought so as well. Still, it's a bit ridiculous.

[quote name='Casteor']I would get Dead Space in a heart beat, but the game looks too scary for me (even though I can handle Resident Evil 5 Scary-- which is more on the survival/conserving/teamwork than scary).[/QUOTE]
It's so scary its fun. Even backtracking isn't boring, because you are in a constant state of fear.

[quote name='Casteor']I thought so as well. Still, it's a bit ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agreed. But, the suckers are out there, and if they're willing and able to overpay, who am I to say no thanks. I have the benefit of being able to sit on the inventory, so although it might take a while, my overpriced, errr "priced over market value" games do move eventually.

It's not as though I'm forcing anyone to buy, though...if they don't like the prices they can keep moving...

[quote name='DF3']It's so scary its fun. Even backtracking isn't boring, because you are in a constant state of fear.[/QUOTE]

Man I can't wait to play this...sounds soooo good. Haven't had a truly intense, scary game since the first Resident Evil. Maybe Silent Hill.

[quote name='DF3']It's so scary its fun. Even backtracking isn't boring, because you are in a constant state of fear.[/QUOTE]

Some people can enjoy that kind of fear, movies or video games etc, while others carry that on to their life style. Games like Dead Space can seriously mess with people mentally. I don't think I have the mental maturity to handle a title like Dead Space, although I can appreciate Resident Evil.

[quote name='karkyco']Absolutely agreed. But, the suckers are out there, and if they're willing and able to overpay, who am I to say no thanks. I have the benefit of being able to sit on the inventory, so although it might take a while, my overpriced, errr "priced over market value" games do move eventually.

It's not as though I'm forcing anyone to buy, though...if they don't like the prices they can keep moving...[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'd probably do the same, but it's unfortunate that there are indeed people out there that would go overboard with this.

Dead Space is one of my favorite games to come out this generation. I really hope that Dead Space 2 isn't a rushed sequel. I need more true survival horror, dammit!

Dead Space is also one of my favorite games this generation. It's what survival horror is all about. For those interested, DS2 was officially announced by EA, and GI will do a cover story on it. The cover image is available online.

If you want to take "scary" to a new level with this game:

Play on the hardest difficulty setting. The constant low inventory of ammo, upgrades, health and the focus on more accurate dismemberment of more aggressive monsters will give a new meaning to "a constant state of fear."

It's no joke that Dead Space is scary. I just had to put it down or else I'd have nightmares for a week. I actually wonder if the price drop to $20 MSRP was because people wouldn't buy it because it's so scary.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Which version do you guys recommend for Dead Space: PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

'Tis a coin toss.

Metacritic for 360 version is higher by 1 point while the user score for the PS3 version is 3 points higher than the 360. I personally just purchase multiplatform games for the PS3 but I always take a quick peek at the metacritic score for any pressing issues a single version might have as opposed to another. So yeah, just go with what controller you prefer or something? Up to you, really. :D

God damn the platinum hits packing is depressing on the 360. It's not as annoying as the old gamecube yellow ones, but did they really have to muck up the coverart with that awful dull-Grey and lime green combo?

I just picked up Dead Space at Best Buy for $14.99, but with additional coupons, only $10.50. Looking forward to playing this.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Which version do you guys recommend for Dead Space: PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

I've played through both versions and didn't find them to be significantly different from one another in any meaningful way.

either.

but since i like the xbox controller more than the ps3, i would go for the 360.

awesome i just grabbed dead space for 11 bucks from bestbuy with my $5 reward zone credit. also noticed that fear 2 is $15 im going to have to pick that up to, i really liked fear 1. ive heard nothing but good stuff about dead space and i played the demo but didnt really care for it (plus i dont really judge a game by its demo) but im giving it a shot, dont let me down.

I wasn't a fan of the demo. It was impossible to see anything on my SDTV, and I died many, many times :(
God, if I wasn't a CAG I'd have upgraded to HD long ago.

Thanks for this. I was actually thinking of picking up mirrors edge and maybe LOTR at best buy but buying it off amazon would rid me of tax. :p

bread's done
Back