Dead space platform of choice

udabenshen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello everyone! I'm sure this is out somewhere but im having trouble finding it: What is the lead sku on dead space? I have a great pc, 360 and ps3, so i am open to all possible choices. What's your choice for dead space? Right now im leaning toward 360 for controller and achievments, plus i would pick it up at toys r us along with socom confrontation and some other 60 dollar game (scIV?)

It has trophies? not that I really care. I was going with the PS3 version just since I'd like to start using my PS3 more(And it makes less noise).

oh damnit, now the inclusion of trophies (as silly as they may be, i like collecting stuff), makes this a complete toss-up for me. ugh, maybe i'll just go pc.

It's a bit confusing. Evidently EA was using the Xbox 360 as the lead platform but the switched over to the PS3 a few months ago, so I'm not certain.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-02-2008-7450.html

Edit: I'll be getting it on the PS3 only because I fear my Xbox 360 breaking again.

Edit x2: udabenshen, you should take note that EA, being the swell bunch of guys that they are, are going to include SecuROM, for FREE!, with your purchase of Dead Space.

I'm going PS3. Been buying most of my multiplatform games on PS3 lately due to me recently sending in my 4th 360. I'm getting sick of it. Plus the inclusion of trophies pretty much seals it.

for free! Wow, i can't wait! Sounds like i'll be going ps3 afterall. Any recomendations for a 3rd 60 dollar game at toys 'r us for the buy 2 get 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='udabenshen']for free! Wow, i can't wait! Sounds like i'll be going ps3 afterall. Any recomendations for a 3rd 60 dollar game at toys 'r us for the buy 2 get 1?[/QUOTE]

Silent Hill Homecoming

I voted PC but really it's still between PC/PS3. 360 is just too loud (which would take some immersion away from the game), has disc read errors every once in a while, and of course could easily break any day now. It comes down to headphones vs speakers/monitor vs tv and if I want my friends to be able to watch me but not be able to play the game whenever people are playing Halo or watching sports center(which is pretty much always so I'll probably go with pc).

Also being alone, in the dark, with headphones on, and one foot away from a monitor is pretty much the best way to play any horror game.

PS3 for me...mainly because I don't have my 360 anymore.

Even if I did I would still go PS3 since the 360 sounds like a jet engine when it's on.

360 for the controller...the DS3 is shitty for shooters IMHO...as far as 360 noise, do you guys play with it on your chest or something? i cant hear my xbox at all when playing games

[quote name='Malik112099']360 for the controller...the DS3 is shitty for shooters IMHO...as far as 360 noise, do you guys play with it on your chest or something? i cant hear my xbox at all when playing games[/quote]
You'd have to be deaf not to hear a 360 while playing a game. I have mine sitting across my room and I always hear it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You'd have to be deaf not to hear a 360 while playing a game. I have mine sitting across my room and I always hear it.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. While I think a lot of people exaggerate the noise the 360 makes, at the same time the thing is clearly loud as hell. I've had 5 of them, and they've all been loud.

PC. The 360 sound thing others mentioned was a slight factor in my decision and why I don't really play horror games on it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seriously. While I think a lot of people exaggerate the noise the 360 makes, at the same time the thing is clearly loud as hell. I've had 5 of them, and they've all been loud.[/quote]
I usually don't mind the noise. But when it comes to horror games it can be pretty distracting for me.

bread's done
Back