[DEAD]Spike VGA download code contest***over 150 CAG winners!

I won a copy of PixelJunk Eden. I submitted two entries one for PixelJunk and the other for World of Goo. Glad I won but I would have preferred World of Goo.

They are sending more codes out as we speak!

Edit: Nevermind they sent out duplicate emails from last night. with the same codes.

If someone has an extra Braid they wouldn't mind giving out, I'd appreciate it. :] Can't believe I missed the contest.

I entered twice and I won 2 copies of World Of Goo. I guess by mistake I clicked on World Of Goo the second time instead of Braid. Anyone interested in trading Braid for World Of Goo?

I just won a World of Goo code. I want to give it as a gift to my boss's son. For those who have won and entered their code: when you enter the code, does WiiWare say anything about where it came from, such as "congratulations on winning the Spike / Mountain Dew contest" ? I'm hoping WiiWare responds as though you just purchased the game with Wii Points.

yea son i won 2 pixel junks. if you want one let me know and we can trade for it. let me know what you want to give

[quote name='Assembler']I just checked one of my other email addresses, I won BRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

What was the time?

[quote name='fiveolddogs']I just won a World of Goo code. I want to give it as a gift to my boss's son. For those who have won and entered their code: when you enter the code, does WiiWare say anything about where it came from, such as "congratulations on winning the Spike / Mountain Dew contest" ? I'm hoping WiiWare responds as though you just purchased the game with Wii Points.[/QUOTE]

it just acts as if it's a gift. no mention of Mountain Dew or Spike

I just got two emails with the same code in them. I'm going to go ahead and assume it's a mistake on their part because people have been selling individual codes so they are different.

It says 3pm, but that can't be right because I specifically remember checking all my emails to make sure it didn't come. It must have been a fluke.

I won a copy of Braid as well. I was playing it earlier today -- pretty fun little game. It requires a little bit of thinking (which is a little bit more than most games) so I like it. The art style and music are right up my alley.

[quote name='cin84_12']I guess next time I should enter more than one email. Forget honesty. :booty:[/quote]
This.

[quote name='mguiddy']This.[/quote]

is CAG?

Honestly, I used to try the whole "enter once" thing, then I noticed how overrated it was. Loot vs Flimsy Morals.

[quote name='georox']is CAG?

Honestly, I used to try the whole "enter once" thing, then I noticed how overrated it was. Loot vs Flimsy Morals.[/quote]
I'm not pointing this comment to you, or anyone specific really, it's just your post that made me think this.
And I'm not attacking anyone that enters a contest like this XX times, I've done the same thing before (I end up giving out 100s of 48 hour codes from that tropicana contest :lol:).

I find it humorous at how two sided CAGs can be (yes I know there are a lot of people with a lot of different beliefs here).
If someone posts a contest like this, most don't seem to have a problem (or at least there isn't a whole lot of arguing/moderation) when people post "in for 10 of each game! :D", but if someone talks about "return fraud" or "renting a copy of MvC2 a game from a store then "losing" it to get it cheap" or "not mentioning to a cashier that they forgot to ring up a game", tons of people show up to defend "petty morality" :)lol:).

Do the "morality police" not come into the contest forum? Maybe I just don't notice the people complaining about it.

I know!! I hate that! I feel stupid for only entering 2 e-mail address now!.. Well, one was mine and the other was for someone else.

That's why I hate these contests.

[quote name='chakan']Like this guy?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207891

I love how I didn't win even one code to world of goo, but he gets to make $100 off my thread and his 9 free codes.[/quote]

That sucks man. This guy wins almost 25 codes, joins CAG yesterday and makes one post on the site: to sell his free codes. The sad thing is it is probably a long time CAG who was too embarrassed to post it under their own CAG name.

Nice, even better now I post over there and I get crap from other CAGs for "threadcrapping" on that post. Sometimes this place just makes me shake my head and wonder... :roll:

Well, the thread for selling codes went away. Thank you, mods.

Back to celebrating for CAGs who won.

167, and no, I'm not counting the 25 the lurker/profiteer won. If he was a CAG, he knew he was being shady enough to make a new user id.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back