[DEAD] Steelseries ZBoard w/ 3 Keysets - 29.99 Shipped!

CheapLikeAFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1483 (100%)
http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

This is today only until 9:00 PM PDT.

Seems these pop up often now, but this is the best deal I've seen.

You get the original Zboard with the original keyset.

A keyset designed for 1st and 3rd person shooters.

Starcraft II keyset.

This is the best deal I've seen yet and I am probably picking this up for the first two key sets. Might try to sell off the SCII one since I don't play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any experience with this keyboard? I'm in the market for a better keyboard to replace a standard Dell keyboard I currently use to game.

I had nothing but bad luck with my original Zboard. Buggy as hell, some of the buttons didn't work, etc. I'd say it's worthwhile to spend the money and just get a keyboard with macro keys. Does all the same stuff.

[quote name='KeeperX']I had nothing but bad luck with my original Zboard. Buggy as hell, some of the buttons didn't work, etc. I'd say it's worthwhile to spend the money and just get a keyboard with macro keys. Does all the same stuff.[/QUOTE]

They keysets are flimsy too. Broke the latch on one of them, rendering it useless.

You're better off investing in a better keyboard.

[quote name='sharpeone']Anyone have any experience with this keyboard? I'm in the market for a better keyboard to replace a standard Dell keyboard I currently use to game.[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for 5 years, and never had a problem with it. I bought it when Burning Crusade came out (1/2007), but I don't change the keysets out very often. I did when I first got it between the WoW keyset and the regular keyset, but after a few months I just left the WoW one in if I'm playing or not. The macros only bind if the game is detected so otherwise it's just a normal keyboard.

There is a newer version of this board (Steelseries Shift), but last I checked it only supported WoW Cataclysm, the Gaming Board, and the normal keyset.

These things are complete trash IMO. I went through 3 keysets on mine in under a year, then said fuck it, threw it all out and bought a real keyboard, not this gimmicky trash.

I have 3 of the zboard merc stealths in the house between me, my wife, and my brother in law, and had them all for at least 2 years. We all love them. Totally buying two of these though for back ups. Thanks OP!

I got one of these, it finally came yesterday.

I hate it!

Just using even the basic default keyset, three keys (right space, keypad +, and keypad Enter) are mushy and unresponsive. Trying to reseat the keys is impossible, since there's a little metal bracket thing that needs to slide into parts of the keyboard and key itself to keep everything feeling "normal," but is impossible to position correctly when reattaching the keys.

I'm so fed up with the basic keyset, I didn't even try the SC2 keyset yet.

[quote name='ubdu']I got one of these, it finally came yesterday.

I hate it!

Just using even the basic default keyset, three keys (right space, keypad +, and keypad Enter) are mushy and unresponsive. Trying to reseat the keys is impossible, since there's a little metal bracket thing that needs to slide into parts of the keyboard and key itself to keep everything feeling "normal," but is impossible to position correctly when reattaching the keys.

I'm so fed up with the basic keyset, I didn't even try the SC2 keyset yet.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bite on this, which is only because it didn't include the WoW keyset. Now I'm glad since I did have my suspicion that it would be cheap quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubdu']I got one of these, it finally came yesterday.

I hate it!

I'm so fed up with the basic keyset, I didn't even try the SC2 keyset yet.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I ordered one too. I hope mine has no issues. Some people love them, some hate them. Seems like quality can be hit or miss on this. Maybe you could contact them and exchange for a better working keyset?

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Are there Zboard deals often?[/QUOTE]

They tend to pop up pretty consistently on sites like dailysteals.com, 1saleaday.com, and during woot offs so just keep an eye out.

bread's done
Back