DEAD: Supernatural S1-S6 $18.99 (BD & DVD) @ BestBuy

OP, season 7 is currently airing so it is, unfortunately, not a part of this sale. its also worth mentioning that the first 6 seasons are on Netflix streaming.

that being said, this is a PHENOMENAL show, those of you who havent seen it, just give it a chance. its got 2 incredible lead actors, an awesome supporting cast, and the best soundtrack (IMHO) you will ever find on TV.

[quote name='masterchief2291']OP, season 7 is currently airing so it is, unfortunately, not a part of this sale. its also worth mentioning that the first 6 seasons are on Netflix streaming.

that being said, this is a PHENOMENAL show, those of you who havent seen it, just give it a chance. its got 2 incredible lead actors, an awesome supporting cast, and the best soundtrack (IMHO) you will ever find on TV.[/QUOTE]

Season 7 has been the worst of them all so far IMO, so I don't think anyone would be missing much by not watching it. It's definitely a good show, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's phenomenal. It can get pretty boring as the show goes on. But yeah, if you have netflix I'd recommend watching it on there.

Six was the real stinker. Seven has been far better than that one. If memory serves six was never originally planned, and it definitely showed.

Original showrunner had a five year arc, he finished that and then one of the veteran writers took over as showrunner these last 2 years. There are good individual episode in S6 and S7 but the current showrunner does not do season long arcs very well, the progression is usually all over the map. Last half of S6 is good and the final 3 episodes and the first episode of S7 which wraps that story up are phenomenal.

It's an even better deal now that upgrade and save is live, I was able to find all 6 seasons in store on blu-ray for $14 each after coupon, though they may be in short supply.

Does anyone know if these are on sale, in store? I know I can't do in-store pickup but if I'm already going to BB, would Supernatural be on sale?

I only picked up the first season watched a few episodes last night and I don't think this is for me. To each there own though, it is a great price.

M

[quote name='Vash1306']OMG, its this online only? If not, when does this sale end?[/QUOTE]all BB deals are in-store unless it's noted as "ONLINE ONLY". BB B&M always matches BB.com.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Does anyone know if these are on sale, in store? I know I can't do in-store pickup but if I'm already going to BB, would Supernatural be on sale?[/QUOTE]^^^

Most stores in my area doesn't have season three. If I have they order it, can I do the upgrade and save like that?

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I only picked up the first season watched a few episodes last night and I don't think this is for me. To each there own though, it is a great price.

M[/QUOTE]
First season is mostly stand alone episodes, the following seasons get progressively more serialized until season 6 where it returns to more Monster-of-the-week episodes for the first half of the season. I rented the first two discs from netflix and wasn't that impressed and then decided on a lark 3.5 years later to rent disc 3 and then ended up renting the rest straight through season 5.

If you have the time I would get through as much of season 1 as possible to see whether you want to purchase any more seasons at the $14 price point as I doubt it will be that cheap again anytime soon, maybe for black Friday.

Gah, I didn't see this til now. Hope my store still has Season 2 in stock. Then I can unload my DVDs and have all on blu :whistle2:D. The anime is not worth getting, correct?

I found it amusing. Roughly its a retelling / reimagining of season 1 and 2. Half of the stories are based on Season 1 and season 2 episodes, but they don't always have the same outcome and might be from a different character's perspective. Half are original tales, a portion of which the duo interact with distinctively Japanese mythology creatures and one which you follow John Winchester on a hunting trip. If I hadn't already rented the series previously I probably would have picked it up.

I also don't understand the really low score the video rating got from certain sites, when I rented it from blockbluster the video seemed fine, crisper than a DVD for sure, I don't see how they could justify giving it a 1 or 2 of 5 rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vash1306']OMG, its this online only? If not, when does this sale end?[/QUOTE]
It's in store.

I just picked up S1,S2,S5 and S6.

Already own S3-S4 and have no interest in the anime (they also have the anime series for $18.xx)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I need to pick up S2, gotta trade in a DVD too, to get it $5 off ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup! I just traded in two dvds and picked up S1 and S2 for a total of $30! Thanks to the OP. I got the last S2 and the second to last S1 there. I now have the complete set of seasons so far on BD :whistle2:D.

Not really interested in owning all the live-action seasons, but have liked the various episodes I've seen when broadcast.

But I was interested in seeing how the anime turned out, so picked that up on Blu for $14 with the $5 trade-in. Only just watched the first episode, based on S1-06 (the set includes a nice pamphlet describing the origin of each episode). Not bad, and the voice actor for Dean does a surprisingly good job of mimicking Ackles' voice and affectations.

In presentation, it seems like Madhouse drew from an animation base similar to their own Redline. Dean even comes off somewhat like JP, drawn on a lower budget but with onbiously more screentime. Bluray video quality itself is simply acceptable, no more.

S7 started off slow, but looking back, it seems to be a season with the most sense of hopelessness. It's a feeling that there's nothing they can do to fix anything, way more so than with the Satan storyline. Looking forward to the final 3 episodes or so. Anyone hear if there's a S8 yet?

[quote name='E-Z-B']S7 started off slow, but looking back, it seems to be a season with the most sense of hopelessness. It's a feeling that there's nothing they can do to fix anything, way more so than with the Satan storyline. Looking forward to the final 3 episodes or so. Anyone hear if there's a S8 yet?[/QUOTE]
It's the network's second highest rated show, even with it being on Friday, so I imagine it is safe.
edit: Officially Renewed

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my third season (was out of stock at the time I went to BB). It came in a plastic wrap....of course it was damaged and loose discs. Luckly theBB near by finally got them in-stock.

Anyways, why is the third season in a slipcover (Up/down) instead of a slipcase (sideways) like the other seasons?

[quote name='guardian_owl']It's the network's second highest rated show, even with it being on Friday, so I imagine it is safe.
edit: Officially Renewed[/QUOTE]
I am excited that it's renewed but lets be honest.

Season 5 ended on the best note it could and delivered one the best wrap ups for a series finale and they will never get to that peak again, the show drastically dropped in quality from 5-6 and 7 has been good but 1-5 remain to be the best IMO.

Still love the show but a part of me wishes it ended with S5 because honestly i don't see them ever getting to that peak ever again in terms of pure quality and a perfect ending.

[quote name='styl3s']I am excited that it's renewed but lets be honest.

Season 5 ended on the best note it could and delivered one the best wrap ups for a series finale and they will never get to that peak again, the show drastically dropped in quality from 5-6 and 7 has been good but 1-5 remain to be the best IMO.

Still love the show but a part of me wishes it ended with S5 because honestly i don't see them ever getting to that peak ever again in terms of pure quality and a perfect ending.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disappointed at all. It's still quite enjoyable, and I look forward to it every Friday night (along with my case of Beast Ice in the fridge).

[quote name='guardian_owl']
Officially Renewed[/QUOTE]

UGH, that's terrible. Sara Gamble has absolutely drowned any enthusiasm I've had for this series over the last two seasons. As others have said, there's been a few good eps here and there, but dear lord JUST PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY ALREADY!

With Bobby out of the picture this season has so little good going for it. And then these "le-VI-athons" (anyone else recall how they kept over-enunciating FOR THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON!!?) are suitable-enough season-long villains but the plotting is so scatterbrained it's hard to care at all what happens.

The series started off so great, following the Buffy formula of how to properly run a "monster hunting series" but after the original arc was done, eesh ...and now they're going to kick this dead horse around a whole 'nother year? Sigh.

/whining

[quote name='E-Z-B']I'm not disappointed at all. It's still quite enjoyable, and I look forward to it every Friday night (along with my case of Beast Ice in the fridge).[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong i love the show and i love the new season but i think we can agree that the quality of the show now isn't as good as 1-5.

It's still great but its past it's peak, it got to the peak and is slowly going back down the mountain.

There will be a new showrunner for season 8, that was announced about a month ago. He was a part of the writing/producing crew for season 3-5 until he left to run the American version of Being Human. I haven't ever seen that to know if his season-long plotting is any good.

bread's done
Back