[DEAD] Tales of Monkey Island for PC and Mac $4.95

didamangi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
287 (100%)
DEAD!!!!

We take Talk Like a Pirate Day very seriously at Telltale (we have pirate cred to maintain with Tales of Monkey Island and all) so in celebration of this Sunday’s events we’re buckling the swash on the price on Tales of Monkey Island! From the evening of Friday, September 17 until early morning Monday, September 20 (Pacific Time) the full season of Tales of Monkey Island for PC and Mac is only $4.95! All we ask for in return is that you observe International Talk Like a Pirate Day to the fullest, ‘arrring’ your hearts out to everyone you come across.

What better way to get into the spirit of Talk Like a Pirate Day than to spend it spouting off your favorite buccaneer lingo while guiding Guybrush Threepwood through his adventures?

What are your plans for International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Let me hear it in the comments.

Starting Friday evening, go here to purchase Tales of Monkey Island for only $4.95!

If they just unlock Sam & Max Season 2 from The Great Adventure Bundle then there will be enough adventure games for me until 2011 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the season back when it first came out, so I'll use this chance to buy a gift copy for my friend.
Part of my motivation is that I'm hoping his wife (who is pretty much a non-gamer) will want to play and get sucked into gaming more.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Assuming everything activates as planned, I'll certainly be interested.

For $5, what's to lose?[/QUOTE]

absolutely nothing to lose for such a great series!
and the .99cents app is amazing :)

Picked up the whole series from Steam for under $14 in the summer - put a bunch of hours into it and really really enjoyed. Granted, I haven't played the original Monkey Island games (but I have them!) so take my opinion with a grain of salt. For $5 this is practically larceny.

i'm not a big pc gamer so i was wondering if the original secret of monkey island 1 and 2 has been cheaper on pc than the current psn sale:
Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2 Bundle (PS3) - $7.49

also, is the season that telltale did more like the narrative of sam and max or do that keep the original monkey island tone/humor. thanks for the input!

[quote name='sp8001']wish they were on steam but $5 is too good to pass up I think[/QUOTE]

I'm actually waiting for a telltales store sale rather than steam since I can get the season dvd for the price of shipping.

You can't get the dvd deal if you buy their games on other digital store.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Nice, the Secrets of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition is only $0.99 on the iPhone/iPod touch !!![/QUOTE]

The first Monkey Island (Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition) is also on sale for $0.99 on iPhone/iPod touch, so you can get both for $1.98!

For those wanks who have PS3s, PSN is having a sale on Secrets of Monkey Island 1 and 2 ($4.99 each or $7.49 for both). I'm picking up both, because I have a small penis.

[quote name='didamangi']I'm actually waiting for a telltales store sale rather than steam since I can get the season dvd for the price of shipping.

You can't get the dvd deal if you buy their games on other digital store.[/QUOTE]

The DVD collection sounds interesting... How much do they charge for "shipping" once I purchase the complete pack for 5 bucks?

[quote name='sp8001']The DVD collection sounds interesting... How much do they charge for "shipping" once I purchase the complete pack for 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Looking through my email archive, the Strong Bad DVD was $5.60 shipped. So yeah, not that cheap, and that was for first class mail.

[quote name='sp8001']The DVD collection sounds interesting... How much do they charge for "shipping" once I purchase the complete pack for 5 bucks?[/QUOTE]

It's $6.92 to Indonesia, I imagine it's cheaper for you though, you can try adding one of the DVD collection on their store to get the shipping price.

For those that have played it, are the games truly worth it? I've played one episode of both Sam & Max and Strong Bad, and they were cute diversions at best.

Are these games fun, funny, and/or worthwhile?

I actually managed to snag the first three of the season for free, and I think $2.50 each for me to get the last two is worthwhile. For those of you that don't have any of them...$1 a piece is a steal.

-HM

[quote name='EliotAndrews']For those that have played it, are the games truly worth it? I've played one episode of both Sam & Max and Strong Bad, and they were cute diversions at best.

Are these games fun, funny, and/or worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

I've played thru the first 2 and they are great. Really funny. For $5 you would be crazy to pass this up.

[quote name='LurkerLito']Hmm still says 34.95 for me.[/QUOTE]

Evening usually doesn't start at 5:50am, read the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinMaster']Evening usually doesn't start at 5:50am, read the OP.[/QUOTE]

lol, I just completely missed that.#-oBTW not 5:50am, 8:57am ;)

With the Monkey Island 1 and 2 Special Edition games on Steam for $5 each, or $7.50 for both, you could have your fill of monkeys, islands, and pirates for only $12.50.

[quote name='timobkg']With the Monkey Island 1 and 2 Special Edition games on Steam for $5 each, or $7.50 for both, you could have your fill of monkeys, islands, and pirates for only $12.50.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I am extremely happy with the way the deals ended up this weekend- I was going to buy tales of monkey island regardless at $5 and pick up monkey island 1&2 on steam to play before anyways. What an awesome set of circumstances, had been meaning to play these for a long time.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Strong Bad was worth $5.
Sam and Max was worth $5.

I see no reason to think this won't be as well.[/QUOTE]

Was it all three seasons of Sam and Max for $5? Can't believe I missed that...

In any case I'll be grabbing this as soon as I remember to tonight.

[quote name='Psybuster']Was it all three seasons of Sam and Max for $5? Can't believe I missed that...

In any case I'll be grabbing this as soon as I remember to tonight.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have misunderstood: the poster was stating that (in his opinion) the Sam and Max and Strong Bad games were worth $5. While I won't comment on his opinion, he did not mean that those games were being sold for that price.

The Tales of Monkey Island pack is to be sold during the weekend by Telltale for $5. The other games mentioned above are not presently on sale as far as I know.

[quote name='Rayeh']Exactly! I am extremely happy with the way the deals ended up this weekend- I was going to buy tales of monkey island regardless at $5 and pick up monkey island 1&2 on steam to play before anyways. What an awesome set of circumstances, had been meaning to play these for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I love the Monkey Island games. I already have the first Special Edition one on 360, but I'm going to buy the bundle on PS3 for $7.50, and then this bundle for another $4.95 Add in that I got the Strong Bad games for $0.01 at Best Buy, and its an Adventure game bonanza. I'm really tempted to get the Adventure pack as well, and even though its a lot of content, its still $20 for games I've never tried.

[quote name='hellhunde']I love the Monkey Island games. I already have the first Special Edition one on 360, but I'm going to buy the bundle on PS3 for $7.50, and then this bundle for another $4.95 Add in that I got the Strong Bad games for $0.01 at Best Buy, and its an Adventure game bonanza. I'm really tempted to get the Adventure pack as well, and even though its a lot of content, its still $20 for games I've never tried.[/QUOTE]Can you tell me when the PS3 Monkey Island bundle will drop to $7.50?

^ you cannot register them through Steam, unfortunately. Meh. I don't buy non-Steam games. I've made an exception for StarCraft II, and I will again for Star Wars: The Old Republic, but that's about it.

Too bad, this is a really good deal.

I enjoyed this game a lot but felt it didn't quite have the same magic as the first three games of the series. Probably should have waited it out instead of shelling out 35 bucks for it last year. At this price though, there is no doubt this game is worth it so get it now! This price is so good it almost makes me want to buy another copy just for the hell of it. XD

Is this physical media or digital download? I never bought from telltale website before. Also, what kind of DRM should I be expecting? I really would like to play now rather than wait for steam sale. Thanks.

Digital...DRM is serialized activation, don't know how militant they are about multiple activations though. I liked the 1st chapter I played a while back (it was a freebie), so I jumped on this one.

The DRM on these isn't bad. There is a one time online activation when you start each episode and then it doesn't bother you again. As far as I can tell, nothing runs in the background. They also allow you to download it again whenever you want, though I did find I had to reactivate it when I upgraded the OS on this system.

Overall, it's fairly painless and doesn't seem to be intrusive.

bread's done
Back