[Dead] Tekken 1 new for 99 cents, shipped free at EBgames

Hmmm....mine hasn't been cancelled yet...maybe they just haven't made it to me yet. I guess we shall see.

What time did everyone order, perhaps if you got in early enough it won't get cancelled. Wishful thinking.

2:51 PM

[quote name='Supernothing']What time did everyone order, perhaps if you got in early enough it won't get cancelled. Wishful thinking.

2:51 PM[/quote]

I wish that were the case...

Amount $0.99
Placed 1/30/2004 11:56 AM

My order was placed on 1/30/2004 at 1:31 PM, and I just recieved an email saying it was cancelled. They could at least have supplied some small coupon that would helped dull the pain and mental anguish this has caused. =)

In reply to the letter I recieved I submitted this.

I understand that sometimes you do not recieve product that you think you should, but I have a few questions. First off, why did you put this item on the website in the first place, if you did not order any new ones? Second, Why do you have to have a cold un-caring scripted letter, you could have at least offered to upgrade to another product or given me some kind of coupon code for future purchases (this is a good idea because what makes you think I would ever order from you again). Third, If you ever carry this Item again the way that you scripted this letter as opposed to the print out I had of this game at 0.99 means that this was false advertisement. obviously not good for your image if someone or as I know quite a few people that got screwed out of this deal, decided to use it against you. For such A big company you would think that these glitches which your site seems to keep having would be nil. In closing I would like to state that there are ways of handling things and just canceling an order because you don't want to lose money is not one of them.

I do not believe any of you will recieve this game because I placed my order before most of you. If this is the case you should submit a similar letter with your concerns about a large company screwing the people they should be trying to do anything to keep.

Same here:

[quote name='waxHead']ebgames.com just cancelled my order. I received this email:

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

EBgames.com strives to fill all of the orders that we receive but occasionally a product that we offer on our site does not make it onto our shelves. This has happened with an item that you have on order. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be receiving any more copies of Tekken for the Sony Playstation system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have cancelled your order for this item and your credit card will not be charged. If you have other items on your order, those will remain on the order and shipped as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to either reply to this e-mail or give us a call at 877-432-9675.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

EBgames.com Customer Service

too bad![/quote]

I was wondering why my copy had not arrived yet. fuckers. They didn't even have the decency to send me a cancellation email. fuckers. :evil:

[quote name='daphatty']I was wondering why my copy had not arrived yet. fuckers. They didn't even have the decency to send me a cancellation email. fuckers. :evil:[/quote]

:) It wasn't supposed to come out until the 7th. Not that it matters because everyone's was ... CANCELLED! To add insult to injury, I like their cancelled picture. The darkened box that's crossed out. Makes me feel like I did something wrong.

Here's the e-mail I got from them. No reason was stated as to why it was cancelled so I called them. The guy says that it's just telling him that it was cancelled because they are getting no more in.

Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com. This email is to confirm that your
order has been cancelled. If you have any questions about your order, please
give us a call at (877) 432-9675 or send an email to [email protected] and we
would happy to assist you. Again, thank you for shopping at
http://www.ebgames.com

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Tekken Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0

To check the status online, click on the following link:
https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/orderstatus/default.asp

I ordered a copy of Tekken and some other games. I did not get an email and when I clicked on my orders there was no record of the games that I had ordered. I emailed them and they told me that Tekken was backordered. They said it must be a glitch in the system that is preventing me from seeing my order that I had placed.

Count me among the canceled. Ya know, this might not have happened if a bunch of greedy SOB's hadn't tried to order multiple copies of it...

[quote name='Atreadon']Count me among the canceled. Ya know, this might not have happened if a bunch of greedy SOB's hadn't tried to order multiple copies of it...[/quote]

I dont think thats why it happened but who cares really?

Well, at least EBgames wasn't like Best Buy by not stringing us along for another 45 days or so, THEN cancelling our orders.

[quote name='Atreadon']Count me among the canceled. Ya know, this might not have happened if a bunch of greedy SOB's hadn't tried to order multiple copies of it...[/quote]

those bastards, selling their black market tekken 1's ^^

Cheer up guys, you can always buy the preowned version for $9! :-({|=

Here's the link...
Cheap ass link

Did you guys honestly expect EB to take a $10 loss on this game PLUS shipping costs?! Some deals are just too good to be true. It doesn't even make sense for EB to buy copies of the game for resale when there's like 5 better sequels to the original. Somebody screwed up, it happens.

EB is probably one of, if not the, best internet retailers I've had to deal with. Most other places require you to place a minimum order of $25 or $50 to get free shipping, if they even offer it. The rest just kill you on shipping.

misbitski,
i honestly thought i was getting it for .99

i was looking forward to this for weeks. All i wanted to do was play the original Tekken this weekend. Now I can't.

I hate EB and all big name video game resellers who get the little people's hopes up.

I'm just trying to make a dollar out of fifty cents.

I knew this was too good to be true. I had my order cancelled too. I've order things from this website before and this is the first time they have cancelled an order on me. I guess I'll have to look around for more good cheap deals.

bread's done
Back