[DEAD] The Hidden (3DS) - $5.99 Shipped @ GoHastings.com

hmm dont think ive ordered from gohastings before. After hearing a lot of complaing with wrong games and other shipping problems i stayed away. For 6 bucks though its probably worth a shot i guess. Wasn't there some people saying they were shipping out used games as new a while back too?

^_^x KD

Only 2 reviews, but they are brutal:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-hidden

Still thinking about it though... That is dangerously close to my "buy any game at that price" price (which would be $5 or so ;)).

And this right here pretty much means I'm not interested:

Once you have destroyed all the shades in the vicinity, that area is considered safe, and you must venture out into the world to find a new shade hunting location. In other words, you are unable to progress in the game within your own home, and you have to go somewhere else with a new Wi-Fi connection, such as friends' houses, coffee shops, or your local McDonalds. Once there, the process repeats itself—wander aimlessly around the premises until something eventuates in the game, and then spin in mad circles on the spot shooting at glowing, colorful blobs until the area is safe. I can't imagine this activity is anything less than embarrassing for just about anyone to do in public. Without a considerable amount of places with free Wi-Fi connections that you can travel to, the story does not progress and the game cannot be finished.

It should be noted that there are a lot of other games (and better ones to boot) available under the clearance section and thus qualifying for free shipping as well. I didn't see any other 3DS games, but there's lots of other stuff. I picked up Space Bust-A-Move DS for $3.99 and Blur PS3 for $7.99. Some of it (like MGS Peace Walker PSP for $2.98) is OOS already.

[quote name='io']It should be noted that there are a lot of other games (and better ones to boot) available under the clearance section and thus qualifying for free shipping as well. I didn't see any other 3DS games, but there's lots of other stuff. I picked up Space Bust-A-Move DS for $3.99 and Blur PS3 for $7.99. Some of it (like MGS Peace Walker PSP for $2.98) is OOS already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a pretty good list of games on clearance. This one just happened to catch my eye since I'd been watching it for a while. I hope the wi-fi always on thing isn't true. Doesn't make sense they would make it so hard to finish the game.

Edit:
The game requires the wifi to find and recognize an ISP address different to your own in order to count as a "new location", so once a particular area has been cleared you are unable to progress until you go to somewhere with wifi such as Starbucks or McDonalds. I don't think it needs to connect to the wifi itself, just recognize the signal.

That is what I read so I have a ton of WIFI signals around me it can scan and "recognize" a new location. Don't mind walking around either or playing it on the way to the store.

[quote name='io']It should be noted that there are a lot of other games (and better ones to boot) available under the clearance section and thus qualifying for free shipping as well. I didn't see any other 3DS games, but there's lots of other stuff. I picked up Space Bust-A-Move DS for $3.99 and Blur PS3 for $7.99. Some of it (like MGS Peace Walker PSP for $2.98) is OOS already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I picked up Ninja Gaiden DS and Ivy the Kiwi for $8.95 shipped, there's some good prices in there.

Didn't get the 3DS title but ended up grabbing Ivy the Kiwi and Space Bust a Move for $3.99ea

[quote name='RoMee']Shovelware from a crappy website?
PASS[/QUOTE]

Watch-Out-We-Got-a-Badass-Over-Here.png

[quote name='nintendorobot']I don't get a message for free shipping on Ninja Gaiden (DS), do you have to be a member?[/QUOTE]

Did you enter the Columbus code? In the promo section?

[quote name='gibbyva']Didn't get the 3DS title but ended up grabbing Ivy the Kiwi and Space Bust a Move for $3.99ea[/QUOTE]

I ended up ordering Space Bust A Move after seeing it had one card multi player :)

Picked up Ivy the Kiwi and Retro Atari Classics for DS for less than $10 shipped. Thanks for pointing out the other games as I'd never buy The Hidden.

Good call! Got Space Bust-A-Move.

Touch Mechanic isn't too bad at 4.99, for what it is.

At first I thought this would be a point a click adventure kind of game, but then I watched gameplay with made it a pass.

Are there any decent point and click games on the 3DS yet?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Touch Mechanic isn't too bad at 4.99, for what it is.[/QUOTE]
It was 99c in-store and I still passed on it.

[quote name='RoMee']Shovelware from a crappy website?
PASS[/QUOTE]

Then go buy Black OPS 2 for $59.99 from GameStop!!

shit wanted blazblue but the shipping code no longer works even though its not midnight yet =( with the shipping cost its not really worth it

ah thanks for the info. BTW just FYI looks like gohastings has blazblue CSE up for 9.99 plus shipping. Comes to about 14 bucks. I may go ahead and just snag it there since i have a few bucks amazon credit. Too bad the code expired a few hours before i checked this out. $12 woulda been nice. Already have the game on PS3 but i like having it on both systems

*edit* weird.. for some reason i wasn't charged tax. Do you not get charged tax if you go through an amazon 3rd party seller?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']weird.. for some reason i wasn't charged tax. Do you not get charged tax if you go through an amazon 3rd party seller?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the state you live in. If you aren't charged tax for Amazon purchases in your state, it doesn't matter if it's a third-party seller or not.

Really though, $14 shipped for BBCS:EX is a fantastic price for a great fighting game. Pick it up already, people. Gawd. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']It depends on the state you live in. If you aren't charged tax for Amazon purchases in your state, it doesn't matter if it's a third-party seller or not.

Really though, $14 shipped for BBCS:EX is a fantastic price for a great fighting game. Pick it up already, people. Gawd. :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]
I live in CA and I have noticed that some items don't charge for tax. Reason? I don't know. For instance my brother just bought a hat for $20 from Amazon and he did not get charged for tax or shipping (He is a prime member).

bread's done
Back