[DEAD] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $19.99 Kmart (B&M) 5/6 - 5/12

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!
Thanks LouieT
axQix.jpg

This deal runs 5/6 through 5/12

Update: This AD is in the weekly circular. However, it does appear to be a pricing mistake as the game rings up $39.99. Many are reporting that managers will override and price adjust if you have the physical ad. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
The online price was only reduced to $39.99, but check the local ad. Mine shows it at $19.99.

Unfortunately, I called the stores, and they're showing the price as $39.99. Not sure if I can talk them into taking the ad price.

[quote name='voronwe13']The online price was only reduced to $39.99, but check the local ad. Mine shows it at $19.99.

Unfortunately, I called the stores, and they're showing the price as $39.99. Not sure if I can talk them into taking the ad price.[/QUOTE]
If its a physical ad, take it to walmart, target, or best buy and get it priced matched if you're worried. But I can't imagine why kmart wouldn't honor their own circular.

[quote name='kobra90']If its a physical ad, take it to walmart, target, or best buy and get it priced matched if you're worried. But I can't imagine why kmart wouldn't honor their own circular.[/QUOTE]

I've had KMart not honor a price mistake in their ad before. I didn't feel like arguing so I just took it across the street to WM. Target & WM don't call to check stock and price but Best Buy is known to.

[quote name='sdcranford']I've had KMart not honor a price mistake in their ad before. I didn't feel like arguing so I just took it across the street to WM. Target & WM don't call to check stock and price but Best Buy is known to.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't imagine why there are so many stores closing.

Update from an East Coast CAG. K-mart opened at 9:00am. I found their in-store ad, and it has Zelda priced at $19.99. I returned Metal Slug Anthology is was $1.30 after $15 in free giftcards. I told the cashier I wanted two copies of Zelda. It initially rang up $39.99. I told him it was priced $19.99 in the ad, and he had to call a manager for an override. They both have the CDS in them so one is for the backlog and one for trade in. Thanks again OP! Hope this helps anyone out. :bouncy:

So I decided to actually go to the store and see if they would honor the ad price, and after verifying it was in their current printed ad, they changed the price for me. Awesome deal, and thanks to TylerDurden313 for posting this!

PS, I suspect this price is a mistake, and a correction may go out to the stores before the sale is over...

[quote name='sdcranford']I've had KMart not honor a price mistake in their ad before. I didn't feel like arguing so I just took it across the street to WM. Target & WM don't call to check stock and price but Best Buy is known to.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I used to work at a Kmart (about 10 years ago - damn, I'm old) and it depends on the employee on if they will price match. Part-time ee's won't care and price match while the department managers may not. My advice to get the best out of this is to do this today and not wait until a weekday. If you do go tomorrow, try it after 5PM.

^That's not a bad idea either. My luck I'd probably get denied at Sears, Walmart, Target, or Best Buy if I tried this. Won't hurt to try though.

Did I miss the drop to $30 or something, thought this was going for $50? $20 is an awesome price, hopefully I can find one with a music CD.

Makes more sense if the $30 original price is for one without the CD.

CONFIRMED:

Went to K-MARt in Springboro. Ad misprint on circular in store. Walked it back and the guy overrides even though he did state it was a mistake. I was able to get it at the 19.99 price in the circular. THANKS OP!!!!!

Edit: Springboro, OH

[quote name='Asadi']CONFIRMED:

Went to K-MARt in Springboro. Ad misprint on circular in store. Walked it back and the guy overrides even though he did state it was a mistake. I was able to get it at the 19.99 price in the circular. THANKS OP!!!!!

Edit: Springboro, OH[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the circular at? I looked at the ad with the Sunday paper and I didn't see it?

[quote name='confoosious']If it rang up at 39.99, I think it's pretty clear that the ad meant $10 off but mistakenly put $19.99.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, everyone should go out and get the game before they change the it. Just a heads up.

My Target refused to price match it because it was a $30 off difference. Went to Kmart and the game rang up as $39.99. Brought the ad and managed to get the game for $19.99, but this is definitely an ad misprint. If you're going to try make sure to bring the ad and I'd advise you not to wait.

[quote name='Blaster man']Where did you get the circular at? I looked at the ad with the Sunday paper and I didn't see it?[/QUOTE]

They should also have it in the store. If you don't see it just ask the customer service desk for one. The ad for Zelda should be the fourth page from the end IIRC.

I made sure to have the ad in hand when the employee rung up the sale. Sure enough it came up at $39.99. All I had to do was to show him the ad, he read over it a few times, called the manager for an override, and that was that. If you get shot down it may be worth trying later in the day when there's a different employee working that department.

wow, it's 2012 and kmart still requires manager overrides for sale items. Still this is a good deal if you have the patience to deal with kmart staff.

[quote name='jterp7']wow, it's 2012 and kmart still requires manager overrides for sale items. Still this is a good deal if you have the patience to deal with kmart staff.[/QUOTE]

Wow it's 2012 and all stores require a manager override for price mistakes in ads.

i hope you're not actually defending kmart here. Even since their SC2 sale when that released in 2010, they haven't been able to work out the kinks in the system and ads matching, which I might add was a legitimate sale.

[quote name='jterp7']i hope you're not actually defending kmart here. Even since their SC2 sale when that released in 2010, they haven't been able to work out the kinks in the system and ads matching, which I might add was a legitimate sale.[/QUOTE]

Kmart sucks but your statement is nonsensical. It's clearly a price mistake in the ad. Any retailer would still need a manager override since a price mistake IN THE AD would mean its not programmed into the pos.

Just looged in for the first time in like 6 months, uhh what happened to the Josh and Kmart/Sears Crew? did they pull the plug?

Kmart wouldn't honor it, but I took the ad to Walmart down the street and they price matched it. : )

[quote name='confoosious']Wow it's 2012 and all stores require a manager override for price mistakes in ads.[/QUOTE]
This^

[quote name='Stevothepro']Just looged in for the first time in like 6 months, uhh what happened to the Josh and Kmart/Sears Crew? did they pull the plug?[/QUOTE]

Josh was let go roughly two months or so. That's why there hasn't been that many coupon offers with the purchase of a new game. It sucks because he was getting us some awesome deals. Didn't work for me though because I never buy games on release date (thanks to site ;)).

This thread keeps getting better and better. I hope more people are able to get in on this deal. That's the rule with sales like this. It's better to get their first thing in the morning if this is indeed a price mistake. We all remember the PS+ deal at Target, and the 2 for $50 deal at TRU. ;)

So despite the price showing 19.99 in the physical print ad, the manager refused to override it. At first she stated there was "another version" that was 29.99. Then when that was debunked she just flat out refused to sell it to me for 19.99. The service desk associate was pretty cool about it and said I was in the right. Unfortunately what the manager says goes. At this point my frustration started to boil over to anger, so I just grabbed the print ad and told them I'd go pricematch it at Wal-Mart. Which they did without issue.

It is obvious that this is a price error, but it's still absurd that they won't honor their Sunday print ad. I've come out ahead way more often than not at K-Mart though, and this is the first remotely bad experience I've ever had with them.

Oh well, I've got the game for the price I wanted to pay.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This^

Josh was let go roughly two months or so. That's why there hasn't been that many coupon offers with the purchase of a new game. It sucks because he was getting us some awesome deals. Didn't work for me though because I never buy games on release date (thanks to site ;)).

[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I know they let go of most of his staff but didn't know he was fired too.

[quote name='confoosious']Oh really? I know they let go of most of his staff but didn't know he was fired too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw it posted around here recently. It's a shame really. He pretty much got people back into K-Mart to shop for games. I remember I bought 2K11 on launch because it came with a $20 coupon. I used that coupon on Rock Band 3. I wanted both of those games so I didn't mind paying that. Since then I've been peeping out their deals and whatnot.

BTW: My local K-mart sucks when it comes to clearance. They have the Rockband 3 Keyboard Bundle at $59.99 :whistle2:s I was going to buy it was $15 or less. Hopefully they have some more drops. They have a ton of games sitting there that won't move. Maybe the original FF for $10 (PSP) will. /rant

[quote name='Very Unclever']So despite the price showing 19.99 in the physical print ad, the manager refused to override it. At first she stated there was "another version" that was 29.99. Then when that was debunked she just flat out refused to sell it to me for 19.99. The service desk associate was pretty cool about it and said I was in the right. Unfortunately what the manager says goes. At this point my frustration started to boil over to anger, so I just grabbed the print ad and told them I'd go pricematch it at Wal-Mart. Which they did without issue.

It is obvious that this is a price error, but it's still absurd that they won't honor their Sunday print ad. I've come out ahead way more often than not at K-Mart though, and this is the first remotely bad experience I've ever had with them.

Oh well, I've got the game for the price I wanted to pay.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the store has the right to charge what they want regardless of any ad, sticker or ten foot high sign. Once I got a ship to store deal that fry's cancelled and removed the item from shelves.

It's dishonest, and it's $20 the manager, clerk or whoever is never going to see, but still they'll gladly accept a fight, as theyre getting paid to be there and you're not. It's hard not to feel cheated, but dont get too worked up about it, it's just money. I'm glad it did work out in the end.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Unfortunately, the store has the right to charge what they want regardless of any ad, sticker or ten foot high sign. Once I got a ship to store deal that fry's cancelled and removed the item from shelves.

It's dishonest, and it's $20 the manager, clerk or whoever is never going to see, but still they'll gladly accept a fight, as theyre getting paid to be there and you're not. It's hard not to feel cheated, but dont get too worked up about it, it's just money. I'm glad it did work out in the end.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the situation was frustrating, but I got what I wanted in the end. It's not like I'm going to stop shopping there or anything. And I guess you could still say it was K-mart that allowed me to get the game for the price I wanted anyway.

I've had this situation happen countless times in K-mart and this is the first time I've ever had any push back on it.

[quote name='confoosious']Oh really? I know they let go of most of his staff but didn't know he was fired too.[/QUOTE]

good guy, but I'm not the only one with bad experiences at kmart. The point I was trying to make is that most deals tended to be turned around eventually as price mistakes. See any of the good TRU sales/bestbuy deals, etc. Kmart's system for whatever reason took almost half a day before sales showed up correctly in the system. Josh's only recourse was to return later and try again, but the hassle in most cases wasn't even worth the extra trip and sullied their reputation regardless. If others still have good experiences, then great, but a lot of people here try to make that guarantee universally, when in reality kmart's implementation of sales are still YMMV in terms of ease.

[quote name='Very Unclever']So despite the price showing 19.99 in the physical print ad, the manager refused to override it. At first she stated there was "another version" that was 29.99. Then when that was debunked she just flat out refused to sell it to me for 19.99. The service desk associate was pretty cool about it and said I was in the right. Unfortunately what the manager says goes. At this point my frustration started to boil over to anger, so I just grabbed the print ad and told them I'd go pricematch it at Wal-Mart. Which they did without issue.

Oh well, I've got the game for the price I wanted to pay.[/QUOTE]

i guess you were lucky that WM doesn't question the ad. I know my BB and WM confirm the availability and pricing before allowing it, with a 99% rejection rate typically lol. The problem with Kmart is the need for constant involvement of the manager with any sale, "price mistake" or not. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.:applause:

[quote name='iduncurr']So they have ADs in-stores right?
I can just go in and ask for their ad?[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's normally at CS. I found a copy at their furniture section.

Sweet, I'll be honest I haven't been to a K-Mart since Thanksgiving...and that's because it was one of the few stores opened on Thanksgiving. :lol:

With exception to the ds3 clearance, I haven't set foot in a kmart since Deadspace 2 came out... I always hated the deals and like someone mentioned above, I just wait til they are $1-20 thanks to this site/SD.

Hell, I got BF3 on release day for $5 out of pocket thanks to this site and LA Noire for $20.

Anyways, back OT. I am trying to get my hands on a paper with a kmart ad in it, so I can pm this @ wallyworld.

Alright was able to get the Zelda with cd for $19.99. Game rang up for $39.99 and then cashier told me I think it is on sale and then I told him yeah it is and then I showed him the ad and he override it. Also was able to pick up :ps3: Dual Shock 3 keypad typing attachment for $20 regular $50. It was being clearanced out. Two were left and cashier even said man got to get me one of those for that price. It was a good day indeed.:D

Went to Kmart to get the ad, the manager let me purchase one copy and then refused to honor the ad. Understandable. But I wanted a second copy so,

On way back went to Bestbuy. they refused to honor the ad because they called Kmart and the Kmart lady said they were out of stock (they had 50 on the shelves when I went there an hour ago) Obviously, she is trying to cock block the price match.

Anyway after wasting time at Bestbuy (and to be honest, its not their fault. I wouldn't sell any game that retails for 50 at 20 bucks out of the blue) I went to Target and they priced matched instantly.

Basically the fact that Bestbuy has to call to check Kmart is what screwed everything up (saying out of stock). Target on other hand only looked at the Ad and said ok.

went to K-mart, picked up a AD and did not see any games on the ad at all. So I didn't bother asking to price match whats not in their ad. Then again when I looked at the game section, it was almost no games so I guess this K-mart had their own ad?

I'd call it a waste of a trip, but I got a good work out thanks to my new bike.

I'll probably visit the only other k-mart.

Went to kmart and they didn't have it in stock, so I asked for a raincheck. They said we can do that so I go to customer service and they look it up online. Their system shows 39.99 and I explain I just checked it before I left my house. He tells me I must not have looked at the right website because it shows 39.99. Long story short 35 minutes later no Zelda or raincheck. BB wouldn't pm because the ad's math didn't seem correct. I pulled up the kmart local ad at BB just for kicks and it does still show 19.99.

I was going to go back to kmart and show the manager the printout, but I just went home since it is a bad thunderstorm.

[quote name='CrusaderT2']On way back went to Bestbuy. they refused to honor the ad because they called Kmart and the Kmart lady said they were out of stock (they had 50 on the shelves when I went there an hour ago) Obviously, she is trying to cock block the price match.[/QUOTE]

My local Kmart has done this same exact crap to me. I've given up on getting Bestbuy to pricematch any Kmart deals in my area because they will automatically say it's out of stock when they call (even if it's in stock).

I managed to pick up a copy at the Sandy store in Portland. The lady knew it was a typo, but didn't give a rat's ass apparently. She had to have a manager override it, and they mentioned doing a retraction after PMing it for me, but who knows if they will get around to it. I'd advise people to hurry and at least grab an ad for PMing elsewhere before they pull them all.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Out of all the Kmarts I just happen to have a knowledgeable employee who knew of the price ad mistake. Damn I'm unlucky...[/QUOTE]

You weren't the only unlucky one. At my Kmart the guy said it was a typo too and wouldn't honor it. He also said the manager was supposed to put up a disclaimer above the game case noting the typo in the ad.

Luckily, I was fortunate enough to pick up an ad and go to Best Buy to get it price matched. The girl behind the counter probably never dealt with a price match before because she didn't bother to call the Kmart to see if they had it in stock. It was a little bit extra work, but I got my game eventually. Best of luck to everyone.

No problem in Johnson City, TN

Had a $10 coupon when purchasing $50 & another one for purchasing $75.

So bought 4 of them for $19.99 (did ring up for $39.99)

Got $10 coupon to rewards and another $5 for spending $50 in the store.

So not a bad deal. No problems honoring their ad either

... Took the game out took it to Best buy for $27 trade with the 50% bonus. So still got the case & cd!

I was at BB today to pick up some orders (from the B2G1 free pre-owned games promo) and decided to attempt to PM it for the hell of it.

I show the CS the ad on my phone.
She looked it up and saw it was 39.99 on the site.
I told her I thought it was a in-store only thing.
Since they didn't have an inventory checker on their site, she called in instead.
I have no idea what she asked but she talked to another CS about how it was a $30 difference and the other CS was like, "Whatever, as long as it's not $100 difference or something just Price match it."
Called in a Manager for an override and BOOM.
Zelda for $19.99.

I don't have a wii though...so I feel as though it was wasted on me.

bread's done
Back