[DEAD] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $19.99 Kmart (B&M) 5/6 - 5/12

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!
Thanks LouieT
axQix.jpg

This deal runs 5/6 through 5/12

Update: This AD is in the weekly circular. However, it does appear to be a pricing mistake as the game rings up $39.99. Many are reporting that managers will override and price adjust if you have the physical ad. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to K-Mart in the town I was working in today on my break. No one in or around Electronics of course so had to find somebody to get me a copy of the game. He was going to ring me up there and I told him about it being $19.99 in the ad. He got a copy of the ad and it wasn't in there, which is weird because I looked at the circular when I walked into the store. His ad circular was different so I went up to the front and got that circular and showed him. He called someone and they told him it was only if you bought a Wii that you get it at that price. I asked why doesn't it say that then. So he brought me up front and the girl there was going to let me pay and get it at the $19.99 price but needed manager override. This other lady was up front came over and showed me an email about an ad retraction for this item and said I couldn't get it since this email was posted over by the games and the front. But there were none posted anywhere and I told her that. She got a manager and the manager said, "Oh yeah I was supposed to hang those up but haven't yet." He overrode the price and I got it for $20.

Tried to get a PM at my local walmart. They had to get a manager to over ride, and when they did they were kind of breaking my balls about it. Finally they said they had to call kmart to see if they had it in stock, which they didn't. They told me they had a strict policy that the competing store had to have the item in stock in order to offer the price match. So I took my circular to BestBuy which was like 5 minutes away, and they price matched it at their customer service counter no questions asked. Moral of the story: walmart slave labor loves their jobs, bestbuy employees don't give a fuck.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Tried to get a PM at my local walmart. They had to get a manager to over ride, and when they did they were kind of breaking my balls about it. Finally they said they had to call kmart to see if they had it in stock, which they didn't. They told me they had a strict policy that the competing store had to have the item in stock in order to offer the price match. So I took my circular to BestBuy which was like 5 minutes away, and they price matched it at their customer service counter no questions asked. Moral of the story: walmart slave labor loves their jobs, bestbuy employees don't give a fuck.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on the store. I think some employees have it confused. If it's an AD they have to price match it,(By that I mean they shouldn't give you a hard time) I'm sure at least one store in town should have a copy. If it is an online item then yeah it has to be in stock.

My Kmart had a sign up saying the pricing is wrong, so i grab an ad from the store went to walmart and had it price check, the employee question it first thinking its something else but just called the manager instead, manager came glance at the ad for a second and ring me up or 19.99, she didnt even question it like the employee did, got luck i guess

[quote name='Ender Thy Wrath']It all depends on the store. I think some employees have it confused. If it's an AD they have to price match it,(By that I mean they shouldn't give you a hard time) I'm sure at least one store in town should have a copy. If it is an online item then yeah it has to be in stock.[/QUOTE]

This may have changed in the past 12 years, but walmart's policy was always the item has to be in stock at the competitor's store to pm their ad.

[quote name='slowdive21']This may have changed in the past 12 years, but walmart's policy was always the item has to be in stock at the competitor's store to pm their ad.[/QUOTE]

it's still the same. it'd be stupid to pm stuff that's not in stock.

[quote name='Lordd_G']I bought the version of this with the remote on launch day. I really need to start playing it.[/QUOTE]

If you have it sealed still check Amazon and ebay. They appear to be going for $120 - $150.

I haven't opened mine yet, I have 3 copies, I want to pick the regular version up and sell these 3 bundled copies. I don't need cardboard boxed mantle pieces. I just want to play the game.

Poor Oklahoma. No K-Mart within 50 miles of me. Anyone want to sell one with the Music CD for $40 shipped?

[quote name='b3b0p']If you have it sealed still check Amazon and ebay. They appear to be going for $120 - $150.

I haven't opened mine yet, I have 3 copies, I want to pick the regular version up and sell these 3 bundled copies. I don't need cardboard boxed mantle pieces. I just want to play the game.

Poor Oklahoma. No K-Mart within 50 miles of me. Anyone want to sell one with the Music CD for $40 shipped?[/QUOTE]

Headed to get this tomorrow. I'll see if I can get you one.

[quote name='b3b0p']If you have it sealed still check Amazon and ebay. They appear to be going for $120 - $150.

Poor Oklahoma. No K-Mart within 50 miles of me. Anyone want to sell one with the Music CD for $40 shipped?[/QUOTE]

OKC CAG? Haha. I feel your pain.

My 2 walmarts were loaded with these at one point. I believe I bought 5 of them (someone started getting a few after me). Plus I found one at a Kmart I randomly went to recently. It's not really a great a flip like people think. It costs like $70 plus tax.

[quote name='Ender Thy Wrath']I Pm'd it at Target today. The lady looked at the ad and said "WOW you're getting a great deal."[/QUOTE]

target price matches? I'll have to try that, thanks

[quote name='confoosious']it's still the same. it'd be stupid to pm stuff that's not in stock.[/QUOTE]

It's stupid to allow returns without a receipt, but they do that too... :lol:

Also, didn't they alter their PM policy for some part of 2011 though or something? I remember Walmart running a TV marketing campaign last year saying that they were loosening up their price match policies and that if you found an item cheaper at a competitor, they would match it no matter what. They made a big deal about the fact that you didn't even have to bring in an ad or anything. I PM'ed a Move Bundle there last year that was out of stock at Frys and since it was a $50 difference the manager had to come over. He informed another employee that they PM regardless of stock at the original ad store. But that could have been a YMMV situation I guess. I've been operating under the assumption that Walmart was the only place that you could PM regardless of stock ever since though...

Back on topic:

Went to Kmart for a flier and was able to get BB to PM Skyward Sword w/CD for $20. Thanks to the OP. This is gonna make a great gift and these freakin' AAA Wii titles just never seem to drop in price, so this was a definite win...

[quote name='esalw822']It's stupid to allow returns without a receipt, but they do that too... :lol:

Also, didn't they alter their PM policy for some part of 2011 though or something? I remember Walmart running a TV marketing campaign last year saying that they were loosening up their price match policies and that if you found an item cheaper at a competitor, they would match it no matter what. They made a big deal about the fact that you didn't even have to bring in an ad or anything. I PM'ed a Move Bundle there last year that was out of stock at Frys and since it was a $50 difference the manager had to come over. He informed another employee that they PM regardless of stock at the original ad store. But that could have been a YMMV situation I guess. I've been operating under the assumption that Walmart was the only place that you could PM regardless of stock ever since though...

Back on topic:

Went to Kmart for a flier and was able to get BB to PM Skyward Sword w/CD for $20. Thanks to the OP. This is gonna make a great gift and these freakin' AAA Wii titles just never seem to drop in price, so this was a definite win...[/QUOTE]

ive heard that. how does it work PMing without an ad???

[quote name='kayne2000']ive heard that. how does it work PMing without an ad???[/QUOTE]

For me, it's a pain in the ass. They claim they have the local ads up front that they have to memorize the prices for the week. You remember when TRU had the guitar hero bundles for $9.99? I didn't have the ad so here's the abridged version. Cashier said $64.25. I informed him that it was $9.99 at TRU. His jaw dropped. Then I was informed they couldn't price match that because it was too much of a different. After going back and forth about his policy, a supervisor came over to override the price. They even called TRU to confirm they had it in stock, and that was the current price. It took longer than it should have. He even told his friends so they should snag one after their shift. ;)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']For me, it's a pain in the ass. They claim they have the local ads up front that they have to memorize the prices for the week. You remember when TRU had the guitar hero bundles for $9.99? I didn't have the ad so here's the abridged version. Cashier said $64.25. I informed him that it was $9.99 at TRU. His jaw dropped. Then I was informed they couldn't price match that because it was too much of a different. After going back and forth about his policy, a supervisor came over to override the price. They even called TRU to confirm they had it in stock, and that was the current price. It took longer than it should have. He even told his friends so they should snag one after their shift. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah you're right, the WM marketing campaign must have been during that time period. I remember PM'ing that TRU deal too since my TRU sold out (with a print out of the TRU deal as a reference since WM said they didn't need an ad). They didn't call TRU to check stock though. They just checked the TRU ad online to verify the price, then tried to give me the run-around about their new (at that time) PM policy before finally allowing me to buy a single bundle (I was trying to get both a GH Bundle and a DJH Bundle). Then they pulled the rest of the stock from the floor and put them in the back.

Forgot all about that...

Like I said, walmart slave labor love their jobs. I mean god forbid some one take advantage of one of the largest evil corporations in the US that chokes the life out of local business... If I worked at walmart (thank god I don't), I'd let people take advantage of price match and no receipt return like fucking crazy. Best Buy's price match was completely painless in comparison.

It's all YMMV. I've had Best Buy employees hem and haw over 5 bucks before, calling stores in an effort to keep my money. Other times I've simply presented the ad and had the price dropped by 10-30 dollars on games without so much as a sideways glance.

I only tried the adless PM with WalMart once, and ended up showing them the ad. I don't know how they'd be able to verify the price because I don't think they even get paper ads from Gamestop for example, and their POS POS terminals certainly don't have internet access.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Like I said, walmart slave labor love their jobs. I mean god forbid some one take advantage of one of the largest evil corporations in the US that chokes the life out of local business... If I worked at walmart (thank god I don't), I'd let people take advantage of price match and no receipt return like fucking crazy. Best Buy's price match was completely painless in comparison.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be working there very long .. couple days at most :p

Gonna go test this out tomorrow.

Been wanting this game and $20 is the right entry point for me. Gotta pick up WM28 as well.

Just gonna go to WM and get them to PM it.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Tried to get a PM at my local walmart. They had to get a manager to over ride, and when they did they were kind of breaking my balls about it. Finally they said they had to call kmart to see if they had it in stock, which they didn't. They told me they had a strict policy that the competing store had to have the item in stock in order to offer the price match. So I took my circular to BestBuy which was like 5 minutes away, and they price matched it at their customer service counter no questions asked. Moral of the story: walmart slave labor loves their jobs, bestbuy employees don't give a fuck.[/QUOTE]

I actually had Best Buy pull that on me, so honestly fuck Best Buy as well. :p

There's a tornado warning atm, so will have to try Target or Wal-Mart tomorrow.

So what do you all do when the store asks you why you didn't just buy it at K-Mart and saying the item is out of stock leads to this issue?

[quote name='GamingKnight']I actually had Best Buy pull that on me, so honestly fuck Best Buy as well. :p

So what do you all do when the store asks you why you didn't just buy it at K-Mart and saying the item is out of stock leads to this issue?[/QUOTE]

I tell the truth and say I hate kmart and that I would prefer to give Target my business.

[quote name='Rollett']You wouldn't be working there very long .. couple days at most :p[/QUOTE]

Well as I said, I hope to baby jesus that I never work there, so losing my job there would be the best possible outcome...... but you sure told me buddy!

[quote name='GamingKnight']I actually had Best Buy pull that on me, so honestly fuck Best Buy as well. :p

So what do you all do when the store asks you why you didn't just buy it at K-Mart and saying the item is out of stock leads to this issue?[/QUOTE]

I just went to a competitor, between target, best buy, kmart, and walmart, some one is bound to have an apathetic employee that doesn't care. I honestly wanted to do it at walmart to screw them over considering this was a price retraction. My local Kmart is in piss poor shape, and even had copies, but I figured since this was probably going to be a loss for whoever sold it to me, walmart would be the best choice.

I couldn't get the PM and buy 1. :(
Got denied By both BB and Target!
@Target: The large difference in price made them not want to price match and said the offer Kmart has is a special doorbuster deal since the ad had a limited offer etc next to it!!
@BB: went as far as calling asking if the price were 20 in the store and ultimately learn that it was a price mistake.

Just got a price match at my BB. Showed him the price from ad on my phone, he went to back and printed the price of Kmart's site and did the price match. Not sure when I will play it but couldn't pass up the deal.

Got mine today at Best Buy with very little hassle. I showed the girl my phone with the mobile version of the site brought up. She asked me to prove it was Kmart, so I scrolled to the top for her. Then she asked me if I could make it bigger, which I did. She had to get an override, but the manager just asked if she verified it and then approved it. I was worried I might not get the music CD, but that's all they had so no worries there.
An interesting side note-there was no Kmart in BBs system so the cashier had to select "other" as her price match reason & put a note that it was a Kmart price match. I found it funny. It's like BB doesn't even consider Kmart as a competitor or whoever wrote the programming forgot that Kmarts still exist

[quote name='jamesesdad']Well as I said, I hope to baby jesus that I never work there, so losing my job there would be the best possible outcome...... but you sure told me buddy![/QUOTE]

Yup your sticking it to them man you rebel you...

Yeah i use to work at walmart and u pretty much don't even need an ad for pricematches now. You can pretty much tell them how much the items is, like groceries and we were suppose to pricematch it no questions asked. I believe there were limitations if it went over a certain amount though that would need a css approval so you can't say the hdtv is a $1 at bestbuy lol.

Got it PMed at Target. I know you all were waiting on tenterhooks to hear this satisfying conclusion to my buying thing story.

If only it was a real deal, I'd have bought more than one.

[quote name='jsivley']Then she asked me if I could make it bigger, which I did. [/QUOTE]

Could you share your secret with us??

Went to Walmart and had success. The sales associate tried to do the price adjustment on his own but said the value was too high so he had to get a CSM to override it. She finally arrived after about 10 minutes and I was able to buy the game without issue. The sale associate asked me if he could keep the ad so he could buy the game when he gets off later for the same price so I said sure.

AND

Ended up going to Kmart anyway (which I was trying to avoid) to buy WM XXVIII since WM didn't have it in stock.

The New York City Kmarts don't carry Weekly Circulars, only Monthly Ones. So I had no choice but to try Best Buy or Target with pictures of the ad and my knowledge of it.

First I called Target, and they said they don't accept nothing but the ad in material form. No Pictures, No Websites, No Phone calls, no Zelda.

Then I gave a call to my local best buy, and talked to a customer Representative first to get an approval and a name before wasting my time there with what I have. She said they'll look at the picture on my phone, but said it also had to be on the site and that kmart had to have it in stock. I asked the lady to hold a copy of Zelda for me before I got there, making sure it was the one with the CD sound track. I went there and I showed them the picture on my phone. The lady then checked the website, and sadly what she saw was the zelda priced at $39.99. She went to their site, searched Zelda and that is what she found.

But then I remembered that its a certain part of the website. I told her to click "New Local Ad" and then search "Zelda". I told her that "The $39.99 was the price if you bought it online and the $19.99 is the price in store, its why you'll only see it in local ad". She did as I asked, found the 19.99 zelda price on the site, smiled and price matched it for me.

I was lucky she forgot to call a nearby kmart. But in case she did, I made sure to call kmart before going to best buy. Making sure they had multiple copys and getting the person's name in case said person decided to say "no we dont have any in stock"- Because a competitor called.

Thanks guy's, I really needed a reason to bike ride somewhere and a reason to turn on my Wii again outside of Xenoblade.

Thank you fellow cheapass; cabhills for providing me pictures of the ad. :)

Tried to get it pricematched at two Targets and one Best Buy to no success.

Both Targets said they required the original in store ad and wouldn't accept my printout copy. They wouldn't even call Kmart to check.

Best Buy did call to see if Kmart had it in stock before they would pm. Kmart told them the price was an error, so Best Buy wouldn't pm as well. :(

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']So what was the mistake exactly?

Like...what price did they intend to have sell it for this week?[/QUOTE]

39.99 (10 off)

[quote name='confoosious']39.99 (10 off)[/QUOTE]

Ah...that makes much more sense.

Thank you for the clarification.

I don't think Kmart ended up losing a whole lot of money on the deal. If anything they cost/gave other stores money.

OK guys slowdive has a tip. If you post this tip on SD or another site the deal will be dead...

This is YMMV depending on the manager/employee doing the transaction (they can cancel it out if they choose to)

If you pm at target and pre order black ops (with the little $1 reservation card) the system will automatically tell them to scan a gc ($10) for the preorder deal.

You will pay 20.99 + tax OOP and get the game and a $10 GC.

Enjoy!

bread's done
Back