[DEAD]The Oddboxx (Oddworld Compilation) PC - Free on GamersGate

trabbahabba

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
UPDATE:

So evidently there was a "typo" in the post and they backpedaled on the contest. However, they did offer the game up to ten winners, so congrats if you are one of them. They also offered an additional 25% off the game (already 50% off). Check the rest of the thread for more info.

Original post:

They are running a guess the game contest over the next 24 hours. Comment on their post on facebook (have to like them first) regarding Guess the Game (it's Cryostasis). Anyone who posts on there with the correct answer gets the game for free.

Don't have any other details than that. Check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/GamersGate

GamersGate
So... those of you who guess which game this is in the next 24 hours will have won themselves a copy of The Oddbox bundle... let's see your guesses! :)

http://www.gamersgate.com/img/featured/guessthegame_1.jpg
www.gamersgate.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked and commented! Thank you OP! I couldn't believe that everyone who gets it right wins the prize. That's crazy since it's so easy :D But awesome nonetheless!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Liked and commented! Thank you OP! I couldn't believe that everyone who gets it right wins the prize. That's crazy since it's so easy :D But awesome nonetheless![/QUOTE]

Download only of course, but GamersGate is a good service. That's who I got Back To The Future from.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Download only of course, but GamersGate is a good service. That's who I got Back To The Future from.[/QUOTE]
Download-only is perfectly fine. It just surprised me because usually even when it is download-only places usually only give 1 copy, or maybe a handful at best. I'm certainly not complaining though :D I love GamersGate now!

Question how do they contact you for the download? Do they send it via email or through your facebook? I haven't received anything yet regarding the download

[quote name='DestroCobra']Question how do they contact you for the download? Do they send it via email or through your facebook? I haven't received anything yet regarding the download[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've never won one of thee Facebook things before (to my knowledge) but I'd like to find out myself.

[quote name='DestroCobra']Question how do they contact you for the download? Do they send it via email or through your facebook? I haven't received anything yet regarding the download[/QUOTE]

My guess is we'll find out at the end of the 24 hour period. Otherwise they'll get a LOT of unlikes...

When they have provided games via contests before it usually just shows up in your gamersgate account. Although there are a lot of new people liking them right now, so I am sure they will have some kind of instructions.

Thanks! now, judging by the time everyone posted, and that you thank after you participate,I can figure out your real identities!!

muahahahahha.

They backpedaled
Hey everyone, there was a typo in the Oddboxx bundle competition. "One of" fell out and it was supposed to be one of those who guessed it correctly that will win the game. But since there was so many of you doing the guessing we will be giving away 10 copies! Sorry about the typo, and feel free to keep your guesses coming in the post further down on the competition post on this wall!

Here are the 10 winners in the Oddboxx competition: Jeremy Boles, Betty Cossitt, Carlos Lopez, Jennifer Hall, Nicole Bouchard, Hensley Carrasco, Eiko Einasmaa, Eli Green, Jack Morgan and Daniel Said.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition. Oddboxx is on sale at 50% so check it out! Because of a typo in the competition post some might have believed we'd make everyone that commented a winner. Sorry about that! Be nice to Rod, he's new. Okay? :) To make up, here is a discount code that gives an extra 25% off the already low price: "ODDBOXX25". Enter it at checkout when buying The Oddboxx within 24 hrs!

[quote name='Jeo']They backpedaled[/QUOTE]

Yes.....yes they did.

fuck.

I will edit the OP. At least they chose ten winners...

Sorry guys....

fucking fuckity fuck.
If you don't want to deliver, don't fucking post an easy ass contest!! Unliked and will never buy from them.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Unliked now and forever. That is a hard typo to overlook. I hate "Rod" now.

I knew this was too good to be true :([/QUOTE]

right? typo my ass.

Er, can't we force them to give it to everyone? You know, false advertising and such?
Also, mark their page as a scam.

Damn,I dunno what to think,My friend got one of the codes but she doesn't wanna say thnx cause GG is getting so much hate,lol.What can ya do :p.

Well this was a big let down. They should of stuck to it. Not only would it be free advertising for their other titles, but they would have gotten more "gamer cred" from the community. :(

This is literally against the law.

There was an electronics shop in the 60's that ran an ad selling brand-new TV sets for "100 Bananas" and they were forced to accept that price after some people made some noise about it. They ltierally took bananas for TV's.

This is also why toy commercials don't depict toys coming alive and having adventures. They're not allowed to depict the product doing anything it can't do. Nor are they allowed to offer a price for a product and then later go back on it AFTER payment has been made.

I implore you all to post on Gamersgate's wall in every post they put up advertising a new game, reminding people of what they've just done to us.

I can't agree more with you Kiddcade. I think as a whole Gamersgate is a bad business. I'm going to stick with Steam haven't had a single problem with them. They need honor their word which is big in my book.

[quote name='Kiddcade']This is literally against the law.

There was an electronics shop in the 60's that ran an ad selling brand-new TV sets for "100 Bananas" and they were forced to accept that price after some people made some noise about it. They ltierally took bananas for TV's.

This is also why toy commercials don't depict toys coming alive and having adventures. They're not allowed to depict the product doing anything it can't do. Nor are they allowed to offer a price for a product and then later go back on it AFTER payment has been made.

I implore you all to post on Gamersgate's wall in every post they put up advertising a new game, reminding people of what they've just done to us.[/QUOTE]

I tried that. They blocked me from posting on their wall >_>

I never really used GamersGate.. I made an account with them a few months ago... never really used it... but I had them delete my account over this... I like Steam alot more...

bread's done
Back