(DEAD) Twin Peaks Gold Box Edition DVD (Complete Series) $36 - Amazon

Kind of upset, bought this for my wife a bit ago and they stripped out all the cool collectible stuff like TP postcards, now it's just the DVDs.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Kind of upset, bought this for my wife a bit ago and they stripped out all the cool collectible stuff like TP postcards, now it's just the DVDs.[/QUOTE]

these were only in the initial run and were pretty limited, and by limited i mean if you didnt get them the first week, you were out of luck. and that has been over three years ago

in any case this is a great deal on this set

I bit, my wife and I have been looking for a deal on this series for a while now. We both somehow managed to miss it when it was on TV, even tho it sounds like it's right up both of our alleys. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I already bought season 2 from Big Lots for 6.00. I wonder if I could return it. I also wonder if it's worth 30 dollars just to get the first season (it technically is because season 1 is OOP and valued highly, I mean is it worth it to me)

I already have this and I recommend it as highly as possible. This price is amazing. The show is amazing. Buy it.

Totally missed this series when it debuted on television. Became interested in it once again when Alan Wake released and reviewers gave nods to Twin Peaks.

Thanks to a $25 Amazon giftcard I received on Christmas, I was able to score it for roughly $10. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I already bought season 2 from Big Lots for 6.00. I wonder if I could return it. I also wonder if it's worth 30 dollars just to get the first season (it technically is because season 1 is OOP and valued highly, I mean is it worth it to me)[/QUOTE]

sell your season 2. the original season 1 set is incomplete (no pilot episode). the gold box version is complete.

Hmm...I've heard so many good things about Twin Peaks, but I'm wary about the content. Don't get me wrong, I can handle quite a bit in my TV shows, it's just that I've yet to find any real summary of how "mature" this series gets, especially since it apparently warrants a TV-MA rating (based on IMDB). If the rating is based on language, violent imagery, and/or violence, that's fine, but if it has an overtly sexual element, I'm less likely to enjoy it.

So I guess I'm asking this: Does Twin Peaks warrant a TV-MA rating, and if so, how extensively?

[quote name='Swift900']Totally missed this series when it debuted on television. Became interested in it once again when Alan Wake released and reviewers gave nods to Twin Peaks.

[/QUOTE]

wow, same here.

Incredible series. I have the GB set, and if you've never seen it, it still holds up and feels fresh today. I can't recommend this series enough. If you liked Alan Wake or Deadly Premonition then you'll get a lot of the influences from this show on those games.

Also, it's one of the only shows I've known to combine practically every genre and combined it into one great piece of work. At $36, you absolutely can not go wrong.

EDIT: And to Vigilante, I don't see how this series could warrant anything above TV-14, honestly TV-PG is more like it. It hardly has any foul language at all, the violence is kept to a minimum, and there isn't all that much sexual. There is some sexual stuff, but there is no nudity and most of it is implied. It came on CBS in the early 90s IIRC, so it's very tame. It's like a Disney movie if you compare it to something like Dexter, The Sopranos, Spartacus, True Blood, etc. I'd give it about the same explicit content as LOST.

[quote name='mr_bungle']And to Vigilante, I don't see how this series could warrant anything above TV-14, honestly TV-PG is more like it. It hardly has any foul language at all, the violence is kept to a minimum, and there isn't all that much sexual. There is some sexual stuff, but there is no nudity and most of it is implied. It came on CBS in the early 90s IIRC, so it's very tame. It's like a Disney movie if you compare it to something like Dexter, The Sopranos, Spartacus, True Blood, etc. I'd give it about the same explicit content as LOST.[/QUOTE]Thank you so much for your very detailed response; that's exactly the kind of explanation and comparison I wanted. Based on what you said, some episodes of L&O:SVU might be worse than Twin Peaks in terms of content, and that's just fine with me.

In conclusion, copy bought; thanks, OP! :bouncy:

As Mr Bungle said (wow, Mr Bungle, in a Twin Peaks thread.. this is really taking me back!)....

TV-14 stuff here. This was basically David Lynch doing a prime time Soap Opera. The only content that may cross the line (IMHO) would be the strange "mystical" elements of the show. These are primarily in the season 2 / last episodes. It's pretty intense, and could be slightly bothersome to certain people.

this is the only form of the series that includes the pilot. i would definitely jump, if you havent.

God dammit, I've never even seen this show but I can barely stop myself from ordering. Stop posting good things about it.

Edit: Ha, the whole series is only 30 episodes. I can hold off on that I think..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just bought The Wire and The Larry Sanders Show complete series sets for great prices and now this. This is in addition to buying all of the available Breaking Bad and Mad Men seasons last month's Black Friday sales. That's five shows I can now remove from my wishlist.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thank you so much for your very detailed response; that's exactly the kind of explanation and comparison I wanted. Based on what you said, some episodes of L&O:SVU might be worse than Twin Peaks in terms of content, and that's just fine with me.

In conclusion, copy bought; thanks, OP! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No problem. Hope you enjoy it as much as most of us around here have!

[quote name='Swift900']Totally missed this series when it debuted on television. Became interested in it once again when Alan Wake released and reviewers gave nods to Twin Peaks.[/QUOTE]
If you want a real nod to Twin Peaks, check out the game Deadly Premonition.

Yeah the show is of mild content, but the movie that is meant to close out the series, Fire Walk With Me, is a WHOOOOOLE different story.

i love fire walk with me. it compliments the show and mulholland drive so well

too bad it was more of a prequel than a sequel to, "hows's annie?"

oh bob.

[quote name='ShockandAww']God dammit, I've never even seen this show but I can barely stop myself from ordering. Stop posting good things about it.

Edit: Ha, the whole series is only 30 episodes. I can hold off on that I think..[/QUOTE]

Well, you only need to watch the first 17... but you really need to watch them, one way or another.

[quote name='B:L']If you want a real nod to Twin Peaks, check out the game Deadly Premonition.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I'm really tempted to buy this. I'm currently in the middle of playing Alan Wake and I'm enjoying it very much. I also have deadly premonition sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. I also got $75 in amazon giftcards for Christmas.

Without giving too much away, how is the ending of the series? Is it conclusive and leave you feeling fulfilled? Or does it end abruptly leaving a bunch of story lines up in the air because the show got canceled?

[quote name='RobotSimp']these were only in the initial run and were pretty limited, and by limited i mean if you didnt get them the first week, you were out of luck. and that has been over three years ago

in any case this is a great deal on this set[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, had the extras that came with the initial run but they were damaged in a move. Although I still have my awesome tshirt that the whole front is Laura's face wrapped in the plastic. Reallly cool shirt.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Or does it end abruptly leaving a bunch of story lines up in the air because the show got canceled?[/QUOTE]

This, you can definitely tell the show should have gone on but at the same time it's David Lynch, so the fact that things don't get resolved and left hanging is pretty much standard for his work.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fuck, I'm really tempted to buy this. I'm currently in the middle of playing Alan Wake and I'm enjoying it very much. I also have deadly premonition sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. I also got $75 in amazon giftcards for Christmas.

Without giving too much away, how is the ending of the series? Is it conclusive and leave you feeling fulfilled? Or does it end abruptly leaving a bunch of story lines up in the air because the show got canceled?[/QUOTE]

Well...the MAIN story gets fulfilled, but it kinda leaves you hanging. It didn't get picked up for a 3rd season due to the network, but you can tell they wanted to keep going.

bread's done
Back