(DEAD) Wal-Mart - LotR Theatrical Trilogy Blu-Ray w/ $10 Hobbit Cash - $13

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I am surprised this has not been posted yet.

Walmart.com has The Lord of the Rings Theatrical Trilogy on Blu-Ray for just under $10+$2 shipping+tax, so around $13 per set and it comes with $10 movie cash to see The Hobbit Part 1. I have no idea how many discs are in this set but I would expect anywhere from one to three, I doubt any bonus features will be included.

It doesn't come out till the start of December according to Walmart.com, and I was unable to find any info on this anywhere but other deal sites.

Something about this set is exclusive according to Walmart.com, but I do not know if it's the movie cash, the movie itself, or something else.

Walmart.com does not charge you until your order ships, but they do put an authorization charge in for the full amount to ensure the funds are there and then it gets refunded a few days later.

I had already planned to see The Hobbit in theaters so this seems like a no brainer to me. Even if these are the inferior versions of the films, $3 for a gift to someone is good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm... Just got mine, and haven't been following the recent updates in this thread, so the $5 off instead of $10 off thing came as an unpleasant surprise. Debating returning it now because I already have the extended edition box and don't really feel the need to own the theatrical edition. Anyone know if there are any special features on this set that aren't on the extended version?

I'm pretty sure the Walmart.com page actually said it was $10, didn't it? Of course that'll be hard to prove unless anyone took a screen capture, and I don't know what they'd do about it anyway...

I just got mine and a bunch of the inside plastic had shattered. The center piece that holds the discs in place and all around the outside edge. So, I was VERY disappointed. First $5 less HMM and then it's broken. I'll be taking it back. It was sealed so I assume FedEx busted it up...

Just got mine as well. The slipcover was a nice surprise, but the $5 movie money is a bummer. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

I got mine as well...the slipcover on all five were damaged. One was in decent shape. Some were ripped...Really displeased with the quality control.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Picked this up instore yesterday at $9 without the hobbit $$$[/QUOTE]
Is it on the web page at that price? Couldn't find it and would totally be in (don't care about movie cash).

I am returning 2 back to the store and keeping three, two for friends. They gave me a $9 ($3 each) refund on the 3 I am keeping and a full refund on the 2 I am returning. May be worth calling them to get a partial refund.

One thing that I'm wondering with returns, checked their return policy on the website and didn't see and answer... Will they refund the shipping fee? If not, I'm not sure it's even worth the effort of going to the store, since it's a little out of my way to do so...

[quote name='StilesCrisis']Is it on the web page at that price? Couldn't find it and would totally be in (don't care about movie cash).[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't look like the packaging in the OP

It looked like this and was $9

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcCu-BQuU0wqn1w~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am returning 2 back to the store and keeping three, two for friends. They gave me a $9 ($3 each) refund on the 3 I am keeping and a full refund on the 2 I am returning. May be worth calling them to get a partial refund.[/QUOTE]

I tried to take it in to my store and swap it out for a new copy but they didn't even have it in stock. But the girl at the counter said they would be getting some in on saturday.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Mine didn't look like the packaging in the OP

It looked like this and was $9

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcCu-BQuU0wqn1w~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's not the same version. Those are just the movies without any of the special features dvds. Not a huge issue since most of us already have those same special features dvds with, surprise surprise, our dvd copies.

Walmart link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lord-Of-T...eturn-Of-The-King-Blu-ray-Widescreen/21805544

[quote name='arcane93']One thing that I'm wondering with returns, checked their return policy on the website and didn't see and answer... Will they refund the shipping fee? If not, I'm not sure it's even worth the effort of going to the store, since it's a little out of my way to do so...[/QUOTE]

Here is what happened with me when I called. They said to return in store, the Order has something called "Easy Returns Receipt". Click on that and bring it with the items to the store.

On the bottom of that Easy Returns Receipt this is listed "*In some cases, shipping costs may not be refundable."

I asked them on the phone if I would get the shipping back because I am returning them due to damage, not because I did not want them. They told me the store should do that because it is a valid reason for the return, but if the store does decide not to, just call Wal-Mart and they will issue the shipping refund themselves.

Finally got my set today. Love the packaging, and how small it is. The Hoibbit movie money sticker was a bitch to come off though and I almost destroy the code peeling it off, but I was able to get it off and clean up the residue so I'm happy now

tip: If you ever have sticky residue on something like this one thing you can due is get a pece of tape and keep applying it and lifting it off the residue. The residue will stick to the tape and it'll eventually all come off. A nice alternative if you don't have goo gone, or other stuff to apply to it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Finally got my set today. Love the packaging, and how small it is. The Hoibbit movie money sticker was a bitch to come off though and I almost destroy the code peeling it off, but I was able to get it off and clean up the residue so I'm happy now

tip: If you ever have sticky residue on something like this one thing you can due is get a pece of tape and keep applying it and lifting it off the residue. The residue will stick to the tape and it'll eventually all come off. A nice alternative if you don't have goo gone, or other stuff to apply to it.[/QUOTE]
Just received mine. The first outer box/slip (with the hobbit money sticker) is kind of beat up on one side because Walmart shipped mine in a loose package with no padding. Can I just take my receipt and packing slip with the boxed set to a local Walmart and get it exchanged for another boxed set?

I took the hobbit sticker off before I noticed the damage but since B&M Walmarts are sold out of the hobbit stickered ones anyway, can I just exchange it for the boxed set without the sticker since they are identical anyway?
(I didn't open the packaging or anything so everything is still sealed)

[quote name='PublikDefender']Just received mine. The first outer box/slip (with the hobbit money sticker) is kind of beat up on one side because Walmart shipped mine in a loose package with no padding. Can I just take my receipt and packing slip with the boxed set to a local Walmart and get it exchanged for another boxed set?

I took the hobbit sticker off before I noticed the damage but since B&M Walmarts are sold out of the hobbit stickered ones anyway, can I just exchange it for the boxed set without the sticker since they are identical anyway?
(I didn't open the packaging or anything so everything is still sealed)[/QUOTE]
I opened mine and they'll let me swap it out 1 for 1 as long as it's the exact same item. You should be fine. I took off the hobbit cash because I knew the store ones don't have it and that was sorta the reason I bought it.

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm... Just got mine, and haven't been following the recent updates in this thread, so the $5 off instead of $10 off thing came as an unpleasant surprise. Debating returning it now because I already have the extended edition box and don't really feel the need to own the theatrical edition. Anyone know if there are any special features on this set that aren't on the extended version?
[/QUOTE]

There are definitely bonus features with the theatrical editions that aren't in the extended edition set (the bonus disc is the SAME DVD that came with the original theatrical release DVDs), but they're all pretty much fluff-filled promotional pieces and trailers... not anything that I've had ANY desire to see since I got rid of the theatrical DVDs ages ago.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Aren't all the special features on the theatricals different from the extended?[/QUOTE]

I know they were with the DVD versions way back, but I didn't want to make any assumptions about the contents of this particular set, since the packaging says nothing about the special features beyond the fact that there are three DVDs of them.

Anyway, I'll probably end up keeping it if for no other reason than that I don't have the time/interest to make a special trip to Walmart...

bread's done
Back