[DEAD] Walmart.com - Xbox 360 Bundle (1 game, 12mo live, $50 eGC for $69 xtra)

packpick

CAG Veteran
UPDATE (1/2/2010) - Deal is dead. :cry:

UPDATE (12/29/2009) - Deal has been modified (for the worse).
-Price is now $269/$368 (up $10 from the previous $259/$358).
-You can now select ONLY ONE game from a list of roughly 30 games (rather than 2 games from a list of 11). An extra charge applies to some of the games.
-Standard shipping rate applies (the $0.97 shipping rate from the first day is still dead)

Walmart.com - Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle w/ Bonus* $50 Walmart.com eGift Card

Xbox 360 Arcade Bundle - $269
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle - $368

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12330406

Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle Includes:

• Choice of Xbox 360 Console (Arcade or Elite)
  • Bonus $50 Walmart.com eGift Card
  • 12-month Xbox Live Gold Subscription
  • Choice of ONE Xbox 360 Game (out of roughly 30 different games - an extra charge applies to some of the games)
Shipping (standard): varies by location (roughly $10-$20)
Estimated Sales Tax: varies by location (around 4%-7%, roughly $10-$20)

This deal is valid ONLINE ONLY. (Not valid in Walmart stores. You must order online at walmart.com.)
*One (1) per customer, limited time offer while supplies last, online only gift card.

Note: The deal started 12/26/2009, and is live while supplies last or until whenever they decide to end it (possibly 1/1/2010 along with their in-store console + $50 gift card deal, but not sure). The deal is also subject to change without notice (and it has already been modified several times just within the past few days).

For Walmart's Arcade/Elite console + $50 gift card in-store/online deal, refer to this thread: Buy any Xbox 360 console, get a $50 gift card at Walmart - 12/26 to 1/1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pokadotpowerpuff']This deal includes 2 free games FROM the elite + 2 additional game of your choice however the choices are a bit limited..[/QUOTE]No it doesn't. Selecting any games to add to the console only adds $50 or so per game. Where are you getting this from? The only things free are the 12 month Xbox Live card and the $50 Walmart card.

UPDATE: 12/28/2009 (4:00 PM) - Some games are back in stock now (Halo 3: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2, Madden NFL 10, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010) (Thanks F.E.A.R. for update info)

UPDATE: 12/28/2009 - Deal is still live at the moment. I am reposting this deal because the old thread got moved to the deal graveyard prematurely (my fault for incorrectly specifying the end-date as 12/27 in the thread title and not updating it). To view posts in the old thread, go here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247454. For Walmart's other in-store/online deal, refer to this thread: Buy any Xbox 360 console, get a $50 gift card at Walmart - 12/26 to 1/1)

UPDATE: 12/27/2009 - Although no longer listed as the "Value of the Day", the deal is still live and available at the moment while supplies last. However, the list of selectable games has narrowed down to just 3 (CoD:MW2, Forza 3, and NFS:S), and $0.97 shipping may not be available anymore.

Walmart.com - Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle w/ Bonus* $50 Walmart.com eGift Card

Xbox 360 Arcade Bundle - $259
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle - $358

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12330406

Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle Includes:

• Choice of Xbox 360 Console (Arcade or Elite)
  • Bonus $50 Walmart.com eGift Card
  • 12-month Xbox Live Gold Subscription
  • Choice of 2 Xbox 360 Games (choose 2 of the following):
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    • Forza 3
    • Halo 3: ODST
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • Madden NFL 10
    • NBA 2K10
    • Need for Speed: Shift
    • Tekken 6
    • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010

Shipping (standard): $0.97 (UPDATE 12/27: The $0.97 rate is YMMV and might not be applicable anymore)
Estimated Sales Tax: varies by state (around 4%-7% roughly I'm guessing)

This deal is valid ONLINE ONLY. (Not valid in Walmart stores. You must order online at walmart.com.)
*One (1) per customer, limited time offer while supplies last, online only gift card.

Deal started 12/26/2009, and is live while supplies last or until whenever they decide to end it (possibly 1/1/2010 along with their in-store console + $50 gift card deal???)

Just picked one up with left 4 dead 2 and assassins creed 2. They also have

odst
madden
tekken
and svr 2010 back in stock

It's looking like they got rid of the $.97 shipping. It would cost about $15 to get to my house. I really want to jump on this deal, but I'm wondering if it's worth it just to buy it at Costco and if it ever breaks just bring it back to them and get a new one...

EDIT: Also, NBA 2K10 also looks to be back in stock, along with some of the other games.

Thanks! I ended up getting Assassins Creed II and Modern Warfare 2 with the Elite version. This was such a great deal.

My 360 is the original 20GB Pro launch model and lucky for me I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing is that the hard drive is now full.

I was just about to leave to buy Modern Warfare 2, Xbox Live, and a new hard drive but then I saw this and it was too good to pass up. Not only that but now I'll have 2 360's in the house and my wife and I can both play whatever games we want, whenever we want.

Also, this saved so much money I just sprang for the extra 20 dollars to get one day shipping so that it gets here sooner. I'm on break from law school right now and will have some time to play 360 right now more than I will once school starts back so the faster shipping is worth it to me.

With that $50 online gift card I'll probably get a new controller and a 512mb memory unit to transfer info from between my 360's.

Thanks again!

All games are back in stock now except for Batman: AA, which has apparently been replaced by Assassin's Creed 2 (a new choice).

Original post on front page has been updated to reflect this.

Thanks to all who have contributed updates and information to this thread.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, your new thread has been merged with the old one and pulled out of the Deal Graveyard.[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)

thanks to all that contributed to this deal
especially whomever updated w/ the new games

i picked up the elite for my lil bro as a late xmas gift
ill give him that and the live card

and keep AC2, MW2, and the GC for myself

total was $388 after about $15 for tx and $15 for shipping

so, $88 bucks for a year of live, 2 games, and $50

A little disappointed that I wasn't able to order the Assassins 2 along with L4D2. I jumped on the deal last night because only 4 games remained and I feared that the deal would soon be dead. (I don't have COD:MW2 and FM3 so I choose those) Unfortunately, I can't cancel the order since I recieved an email that they sent my shipment. (Sigh) Still a great deal though!

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']A little disappointed that I wasn't able to order the Assassins 2 along with L4D2. I jumped on the deal last night because only 4 games remained and I feared that the deal would soon be dead. (I don't have COD:MW2 and FM3 so I choose those) Unfortunately, I can't cancel the order since I recieved an email that they sent my shipment. (Sigh) Still a great deal though![/QUOTE]

On the same boat here. I would rather to have the L4D2 than the Halo ODS.
At least, we got the 99c shipping...

[quote name='minmao']On the same boat here. I would rather to have the L4D2 than the Halo ODS.
At least, we got the 99c shipping...[/QUOTE]
Actually, you're the lucky one. My shipping came out to $15. :cry:

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']Actually, you're the lucky one. My shipping came out to $15. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Mine's $20 if I choose to order. So I chose not to order, unless they bring it back to 97 cents shipping.

[quote name='ithebigc']Mine's $20 if I choose to order. So I chose not to order, unless they bring it back to 97 cents shipping.[/QUOTE]
This is my first time buying online and shipping is a killer. It's just that Best Buy didn't give me a deal on the Xbox. Thank goodness I have until Jan. 31st to return.

deal is dead :lol:

I would have ordered a few if I knew the games and live card can be returned for full price :cry:

Not dead, just up $10 and they've taken off 1 of the games. So now you only get 1 game instead of 2.

Not sure if it's still worth it, but I'm sure some people might jump on it.

Anyone try to get Best Buy to match?

I bought a 360 Arcade on Sunday, with the 60 GB Drive kit for $29.99. ($229 Total)
Even if they charge a restocking fee, and I rebought at walmart, I'd come out ahead.

Will be calling when they open this morning.

Brother ordered the deal at 7 AM EST this morning and I believe still got the two free games before it switched. He got Tekken 6 and MW2 Shipping was $10 and sales tax was $17 (5% sales tax).

[quote name='Zennousha']This has broken my will to hold back on finally buying a 360. Elite here I come!
I really wanted Batman, so I think Forza will need to be returned to a real store and swapped somehow.[/QUOTE]
NOOO!!! Forza is awesome!

[quote name='csidegamer']Anyone try to get Best Buy to match?

I bought a 360 Arcade on Sunday, with the 60 GB Drive kit for $29.99. ($229 Total)
Even if they charge a restocking fee, and I rebought at walmart, I'd come out ahead.

Will be calling when they open this morning.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy Manager said they would match this deal.
Waiting to here if I need to bring items in or just the receipt.
Too bad I didn't call on Sunday and get two games free.

To any of you that bought this, did your package come with the physical Xbox Live 1 year card or did they email you a code? My pal bought this and they did not ship him a card, or email him a code.

Can he just go into Walmart you think and just handle it there? Or will it only be by customer service online?

Thanks!

[quote name='destro4eva']To any of you that bought this, did your package come with the physical Xbox Live 1 year card or did they email you a code? My pal bought this and they did not ship him a card, or email him a code.

Can he just go into Walmart you think and just handle it there? Or will it only be by customer service online?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Well, I haven't received mine yet, but Wal-Mart did mention that these items are shipped separately. I got an email stating that the XBL subscription was sent last. I'm assuming that it will be the last thing they will send your friend is the XBL subscription.

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']Well, I haven't received mine yet, but Wal-Mart did mention that these items are shipped separately. I got an email stating that the XBL subscription was sent last. I'm assuming that it will be the last thing they will send your friend is the XBL subscription.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sneezy,

Did you get your Xbox already? What games did you choose? My pal choose MF2 and Forza.

He ordered in on Mon and got it today, wow, that was fast.

[quote name='destro4eva']Thanks Sneezy,

Did you get your Xbox already? What games did you choose? My pal choose MF2 and Forza.

He ordered in on Mon and got it today, wow, that was fast.[/QUOTE]
No problem Destro4eva, your friend got that in two days? I ordered mine Sunday and still haven't gotten it yet. (I got standard ship) I ordered the same two games. I orginally wanted L4D2 and AC2 but they took them out.

[quote name='SneezyBeezy']No problem Destro4eva, your friend got that in two days? I ordered mine Sunday and still haven't gotten it yet. (I got standard ship) I ordered the same two games. I orginally wanted L4D2 and AC2 but they took them out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, 2 days. He paid for Standard Shipping as well. Not sure where they shipped it from, he's in KC, MO. I'll let him know to check him online order for that Xbox Live coming in separately.

Great deal for anyone who took advantage of it, maybe as good as the Amazon buy 1 Arcade get $100 GC???

What games did u end up getting?

bread's done
Back