[DEAD] World of Warcraft Collector's Edition (PC) $70 shipped free at GameStop

I got this thinking I'd ebay it... but the throught of running around with a baby diablo grows more tempting....

[quote name='Kayden']I got this thinking I'd ebay it... but the throught of running around with a baby diablo grows more tempting....[/quote]

A baby diablo? For a second, I thought you said baby dildo. :shock: WTF is that?

[quote name='Kayden']I got this thinking I'd ebay it... but the throught of running around with a baby diablo grows more tempting....[/quote]

That's like the single biggest reason I want to even play World of Warcraft is to get the CE and have a little baby diablo from the beginning. Otherwise you have to wait till like level 40 or something.

Woooooooo it came today! \:D/

The thing weighs like 10 pounds... I wanna open it... but I cant make myself play it.

I have guild wars on pre order, I have 20 games I havent even started, half of them 40+ hour games... I have that free anarchy online deal AND I still have to leave room to work 40 hours a week, eat, please the gf, and maybe sleep.... dare I open it? :? #-o I think I need to contemplate this further... on the plus side... the longer I wait the more its worth ^_^

As for the pets, you can get a bird or something once you hit a high level, but the diablo, zergling and panda are only for the CE people...

As a side note... Diablo 2 almost swallowed my soul... I can't imagine what WoW would do to me.... ](*,)

[quote name='Kayden']Anyone else get theirs yet?[/quote]

No, though my order doesn't appear to be cancelled out yet. Still shows as BO, and when I spoke with someone about it a couple days back, they weren't sure if it would get cancelled out or not.

When'd you order yours? Mine was a week ago (02/10), late in the evening.

EDIT: Called GS, they said it's never going to return, at least according to the rep I spoke with. Limited time availability. I asked "would it ever come back in stock", and she said "never". I asked her if the system would auto-cancel it out, and she said it should. I told her to cancel it, and it's now cancelled.

I called a few days ago, and I got the same reply that it's probably a no go. I'll wait for the auto-cancel and keep my fingers crossed.

My order was placed 2/10 at maybe 2pm-ish. Still backordered for me. I'll let them cancel it, otherwise I'll just wait it out. A shame they would even continue to sell something if they knew (judging by peoples calls to customer service) that it would never be restocked. If you have a quantity to sell, when that quantity is gone, it isn't backordered, it's out of stock. Still, for $69, it's worth a shot.

Nice find, but there's no way I'd spend 70 on this, then turn around and spend 12 or whatever it costs a month to play.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Kayden']Anyone else get theirs yet?[/quote]

When'd you order yours? Mine was a week ago (02/10), late in the evening.[/quote]

2/8/2005- 12-2am

[quote name='Nephets']Nice find, but there's no way I'd spend 70 on this, then turn around and spend 12 or whatever it costs a month to play.[/quote]
That wasn't my plan... I did want to spend 70 and then turn around and sell it for 250 on ebay... but its just such a tempting idea do play it.

Oh yea... it tipped over this morning and hit my foot... I thought I broke a fucking toe!

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Kayden']Anyone else get theirs yet?[/quote]

When'd you order yours? Mine was a week ago (02/10), late in the evening.[/quote]

2/8/2005- 12-2am

[quote name='Nephets']Nice find, but there's no way I'd spend 70 on this, then turn around and spend 12 or whatever it costs a month to play.[/quote]
That wasn't my plan... I did want to spend 70 and then turn around and sell it for 250 on ebay... but its just such a tempting idea do play it.

Oh yea... it tipped over this morning and hit my foot... I thought I broke a shaq-fuing toe![/quote]

That was a pre-emptive punishment for buying and reselling it when people like me wanted it to be able to buy it for less than that $250.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know that the "Give a friend a 10 day trial" thing that comes with the collector's edition can be extended into a full account?

As in, some nice person with a collector's edition and nobody else to give the trial to says "Here Squee, enjoy these 10 days, which you can then purchase more time and play without having to blow $50 for the right to spend $15 a month!".

Hope springs eternal. :wink:

Apparently I'm way too late to join in on this, but does anyone know who else may be selling it, at non-ebay prices. I just want to buy 1 copy for myself to actually play it, not to resell it. Thanks.

At the moment, I'm pretty sure that there aren't any copies of it anywhere apart from Ebay. Unless there's another weird thing like this popping up with them again, they're pretty much gone.

I've just been trying to find a halfway decent priced copy of the normal game. $42 shipped is the best I've found, and that's out of stock 'till the beginning of March.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know that the "Give a friend a 10 day trial" thing that comes with the collector's edition can be extended into a full account?

As in, some nice person with a collector's edition and nobody else to give the trial to says "Here Squee, enjoy these 10 days, which you can then purchase more time and play without having to blow $50 for the right to spend $15 a month!".

Hope springs eternal. :wink:[/quote]

First off the free guest pass comes with both the regular and collector's edition because I bought the regular edition and it had it in there. Also, yes you have to buy the full version after the 10 day pass is up. Actually the way I think it goes is that you have to buy another registration key. That's essentially what your buying when you buy the game anyway is a $50 registration code. Its kind of the same way when you buy Half-Life 2.

Ah. Oh well. *Twiddles his thumbs for WoW to drop in price*

Come oooooon Gogamer, or Best Buy, or Target or somebody. Not Fry's though, haven't got any of those around me.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Ah. Oh well. *Twiddles his thumbs for WoW to drop in price*

Come oooooon Gogamer, or Best Buy, or Target or somebody. Not Fry's though, haven't got any of those around me.[/quote]

Good luck on that waiting. The soonest you'll see a price drop will be when no one is playing anymore and that doesn't seem like it'll be happening anytime soon. As far as a sale on it, not too likely while its still selling so well.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Is it possible this wasnt the collectors edition?[/quote]

I'm reasonably sure... unless my camera can take pictures of my halucinations...

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='SqueeMK2']Ah. Oh well. *Twiddles his thumbs for WoW to drop in price*

Come oooooon Gogamer, or Best Buy, or Target or somebody. Not Fry's though, haven't got any of those around me.[/quote]

Good luck on that waiting. The soonest you'll see a price drop will be when no one is playing anymore and that doesn't seem like it'll be happening anytime soon. As far as a sale on it, not too likely while its still selling so well.[/quote]

Yep, was hoping for a sale. But I'll probably be waiting 2 or 3 weeks for the $42 version to get back in stock, so I've got some time to hope for a sale to pop up.

Thanks for the offer, but nah. I'll just wait for it to go on sale. It's bound to sometime fairly soon, I imagine. Even Half-Life 2 had some sales not too long after release.

bread's done
Back