[dead]WoW Battlechest/Lich King/Cataclysm DD $10 each (ends tonight) - Blizzard store

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
By order of Ragnaros the Firelord, World of Warcraft is kicking off the summer with a sale on select World of Warcraft products. This week only, you can get the World of Warcraft: BattleChest, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for a mere $10 each. That’s up to 75% off the regular price, making this a great time to invite a friend to join you on your adventures in Azeroth.

Don’t delay; this offer ends on July 9, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6611452/World_of_Warcraft_10_Sale_–_This_Week_Only-7_3_2012
Physical editions are also $10 each but you'll have to add in shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to post this, but its good that i made a search first xD This should be on top of the deals page xD

Good day people!

[quote name='Shimrra']I wish I can bite the bullet but I have been clean for a couple years now lol.[/QUOTE]

Don't you dare start again. You've quite, don't go back.

It's sort of a good deal, but the fact that it's still $15 a month...well, it honestly pisses me off. If it was $10 I might bite just to play for another month. I know it's only a $5 difference, but it's just the principle of the thing. This game has been out for a LONG time and yes they finally added a free-to-play option until lvl 20, but the monthly fee should have dropped by now too.

Yea, I always wanted to play this and especially when i got an email for the battlechest and all the expansions for $30 yesterday and now this, but the $15 a month kills it for me. $180 a year seems way too much for me, maybe if it was $80 a year I would play.

Yea, I always wanted to play this and especially when i got an email for the battlechest and all the expansions for $30 yesterday and now this, but the $15 a month kills it for me. $180 a year seems way too much for me, maybe if it was $80 a year I would play.

The thing is though, when you're really into it you actually save money...or at least I did. I just know right now (now that I have two kids) I wouldn't have the amount of time to put into it. But when I was playing a lot, I was basically ONLY paying WoW. You figure it takes four months of WoW to equal one full-priced game, only playing it and not buying other stuff wasn't so bad.

Does anything besides the base game come with 30 days free?

Not that I know of. However you can just buy the base, play until 20, then upgrade to one of the expansions and start paying.

[quote name='JKSonic']It's sort of a good deal, but the fact that it's still $15 a month...well, it honestly pisses me off. If it was $10 I might bite just to play for another month. I know it's only a $5 difference, but it's just the principle of the thing. This game has been out for a LONG time and yes they finally added a free-to-play option until lvl 20, but the monthly fee should have dropped by now too.[/QUOTE]

Considering how much money they make, why would they?

[quote name='Luxuria']Considering how much money they make, why would they?[/QUOTE]

Subscriptions/users have dropped steadily and drastically, which is why they started the free-play thing. So even from a business perspective seems like a good idea. But still, it's been out since late 2004 without ever dropping the subscription price. Like I said, it's more a matter of principle than anything.

Then again I guess it's all how you look at it too, just because you CAN charge a certain amount doesn't mean you should.

This ends tonight. However, if any former player wants a scroll of resurrection just send me a PM on here with either your battle.net email address or your server/character name and I'll send it to you when I get home tonight.

With the scroll, you'll get 7 days of free playing time, plus get your account upgraded to Cataclysm, and you can bump a character up to lvl 80 (with appropriate lvl 80 green gear), even a lvl 1 character. You can also transfer that character to my server (Khadgar) for free, if you want, but it is not a high population server by any means. So there won't be any pressure from me to do so.

I'm in a casual lvl 20 guild that gives you many percs like increased exp/rep gains, reduced repair costs (though the guild pays for repairs anyway).

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq

[quote name='JKSonic']The thing is though, when you're really into it you actually save money...or at least I did. I just know right now (now that I have two kids) I wouldn't have the amount of time to put into it. But when I was playing a lot, I was basically ONLY paying WoW. You figure it takes four months of WoW to equal one full-priced game, only playing it and not buying other stuff wasn't so bad. [/QUOTE]

I read that as, when you're addicted and play (and largely do) nothing else, it's a deal.

Is it worth getting? As i heard people are not playing it much anymore.
wow

[quote name='streymaad']Is it worth getting? As i heard people are not playing it much anymore.
wow
[/QUOTE]

Not worth it AT ALL................Player base is all the way down to 10,000,000!!!! I can't ever find a full server my K/D is soooo bad.............:drool:

Just kidding! Lulz! Actually you should BUY IT, LOVE IT, LET IT OWN YOU...........I started in January and have been having a blast, it's a GREAT game and I regret waiting so long to buy it. :cool:

[quote name='Shimrra']I wish I can bite the bullet but I have been clean for a couple years now lol.[/QUOTE]

20 dollar sparkle ponies and welfare raid gear. Dont do it man

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']20 dollar sparkle ponies and welfare raid gear. Dont do it man[/QUOTE]

Actually, alot of the raids and dungeons in Cata remind me of Vanilla wow.. yes, you can get geared up pretty quick in epic quality gear, but the higher end gear and heroic raids (esp Heroic Dragon Souls) are actually pretty challenging. I've been away since late BC... and I find it pretty fun. There are lot of options for people with varying amounts of time and skill levels and to get in the game and play.

bread's done
Back