(DEAD) XB-Buffy Chaos $10@EB - FREE a/r? / $6.75 Used a/c (1 left)

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
UPDATE 03/11/2004 @ 10am EST:
they pulled the deal. if you haven't ordered MACE yet, be aware they may pull that deal as well. NEW disappeared. also, there were 23+ used, and now only 1 left. only took minutes. perhaps a true buffy fan bought everything.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds deal of the day?
if you're a buffy fan, it is!
Cheap ass link

---

$10 NEW + free ship

ymmv, but perhaps FREE after rebate:
www.cheapassgamer.com/images/rebates/vivendirebate.pdf

thanks to everyone.

no need for any other codes. its only $10. the shipping must be selected at the end of checkout. choose eb saver/ free 6-12 day shipping option. deals like these don't last long. they may restock if they sell out but too many ebayers/dealers frequent this site and others, so get what you want now. or EB may pull the deal like they do every now and then.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='amped']With the Vivendi $10 mir, wouldn't this game end up being "free"?[/quote]

"Rebate amount may not exceed the retail purchase price of the software title(s)."[/quote]

I think you'd be fine with a $9.99 purchase price. Practically all FAR (free after rebate) deals are set up so you get a rebate back that is one penny more than the purchase price. (And the one I've done like that did have the same 'rebate amount can not exceed purchase price' language.)

The real stickler with that rebate is the 'no facsimiles accepted' I wouldn't count on them approving a rebate sent in using a print-out of the pdf.

Debated waiting to see if they would drop the used game price as well, but ended up picking it up. Decent reviews and I was a big Buffy fan, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also like that (at least IGN's review said) I read it has a few pretty good four player multi-player modes.

I just called the number on the coupon, and I asked them what would happen if you paid less than 10. The rep said that your rebate would be adjusted, instead of you being disqualified....ie your rebate amount would be 9.99....

Also, I asked about the no facsimilie thing....she said as long as you have all the information and the terms are visible (so that they know you agree with them) a printout is fine.

According to the woman I spoke with at Vivendo, facsimilie in this case refers to a hand-written or photocopied form...but she said a printout should be fine....I would still rather get the real thing, anyone know where to find a hard copy?

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='amped']With the Vivendi $10 mir, wouldn't this game end up being "free"?[/quote]

"Rebate amount may not exceed the retail purchase price of the software title(s)."[/quote]

I think you'd be fine with a $9.99 purchase price. Practically all FAR (free after rebate) deals are set up so you get a rebate back that is one penny more than the purchase price. (And the one I've done like that did have the same 'rebate amount can not exceed purchase price' language.)

The real stickler with that rebate is the 'no facsimiles accepted' I wouldn't count on them approving a rebate sent in using a print-out of the pdf.[/quote]

I pulled the trigger on Primal and I didn't regret it. Now for teh Buffy-game. I need to expand my XBOX library.

I would still rather get the real thing, anyone know where to find a hard copy?

Sometimes EB or Gamestop has them, but not all stores. Some Best Buys actually have the rebate slip taped to some of the participating games. However, both the game and slip would be in it's own plastic case :?

This sucks. I had already promised myself not to buy anymore games for at least a month. Maybe I can start the month over after today.

You sure cannot beat free! I was planning on passing on this game until I saw that the old $10 rebate applied to this game.

I still need to pickup a copy of Metal Arms for the Xbox also.... I used to buy only about 3-4 games a year but now It's like 1 a week.

[quote name='jshorr']I just called the number on the coupon, and I asked them what would happen if you paid less than 10. The rep said that your rebate would be adjusted, instead of you being disqualified....ie your rebate amount would be 9.99....[/quote][quote name='jshorr']Also, I asked about the no facsimilie thing....she said as long as you have all the information and the terms are visible (so that they know you agree with them) a printout is fine.[/quote]
we might have to reevaluate the worth of the rebate then. because if this is true that mean the hobbit might be free too thru tru coupon

I guess it's all up to the individual manufactuer...but we've seen these clauses before....they don't want people to get more than what they paid, but it doesn't say on there that the purchase price has to be $10 or you aren't qualified. Someone else call the number on the rebate to verify with another rep, but the lady told me the rebate would be adjusted so that it did not exceed the cost of the game. She said "for example, if you paid 5.99, your rebate would be 5.99, and so on...."

[/quote]
we might have to reevaluate the worth of the rebate then. because if this is true that mean the hobbit might be free too thru tru coupon[/quote]

I can confirm that printouts of the .pdf rebate form are acceptable. I also called the number on the form just to be certain and the CSR cofirmed everything in jshorr's post.

He said the facsimile referred to photocopies and that printouts of the .pdf rebate form will work just fine.

Do we have to cut out the UPC or is it ok to make a copy of it?

I really don't like messing up my game case.

[quote name='Birbo']What's the cheapest Metal Arms is going for? Wouldn't mind scoring that one for cheap/free as well. :)[/quote]

I just bought it and am playing it now. It's great :D

I got it at Best Buy for $29.99 - $5 GGC - $10 rebate (eventually)... so theoretically cost me $15.

On Ebgames you can get it used for $26.99 - AFF25, so it comes out to $20 plus change. That's about the cheapest I've seen it.

[quote name='$CASH$']I can confirm that printouts of the .pdf rebate form are acceptable. I also called the number on the form just to be certain and the CSR cofirmed everything in jshorr's post.

He said the facsimile referred to photocopies and that printouts of the .pdf rebate form will work just fine.[/quote]

I called the number on the rebate a few weeks ago and the guy was like 'Uh, you can give a print out a try, but if it says no facsimiles it might not work.'

Good to hear two different people got the okay that a print out would work.

I already have Hunter:Redeemer and now am getting Buffy, so I plan to try the rebate with the print out. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :lol:

Now if I could just find a good price for Barbie Horse Adventures :wink:

Someone should change the topic to (FREE after rebate). I almost passed this topic by because I wasn't interested in the game. But for free, I'm all about it.

I'd like to hear of at least one person who actually got approved for the rebate using a print-out of the pdf before I'd feel comfortable thinking of it as a sure thing.

I imagine most people are playing the 'wait and see if I can find a real coupon before sending off a print-out of the PDF' game, like me.

I think getting this game for $10 is a good enough deal. Getting it almost for free would be even better.

I see the rebate says "limit one rebate per household". Do you think this means you can't buy two games on the list and submit a rebate for both, or does it mean only one rebate per game listed.

[quote name='Hurstool']I see the rebate says "limit one rebate per household". Do you think this means you can't buy two games on the list and submit a rebate for both, or does it mean only one rebate per game listed.[/quote]

call 800 942 8618 and find out. Then post here and share the answer.

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='Hurstool']I see the rebate says "limit one rebate per household". Do you think this means you can't buy two games on the list and submit a rebate for both, or does it mean only one rebate per game listed.[/quote]

call 800 942 8618 and find out. Then post here and share the answer.[/quote]

I tried. Closed 15 minutes ago. Will try tomorrow. I bought Buffy anyway. Can't pass up a FAR game.

Since it says "one rebate per household" rather than one rebate per household per title, I believe that they would not give you rebates for both games. If possible I would get buffy at B&M EB, pay with cash, and just fill out the form and send to a friend/family member.

[quote name='Hurstool']I see the rebate says "limit one rebate per household". Do you think this means you can't buy two games on the list and submit a rebate for both, or does it mean only one rebate per game listed.[/quote]

well i ordered it. hope the rebate works.

been wanting to play a action adventure game for a bit.

I am still thinking about the Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter deal aswell

I picked up both Buffy & Mace. Thought the demo of Mace was decent enough $10. And Buffy for FAR is a sore dick: you can't beat it!

Mace might be gone temporarily. I'm seeing Buffy as shipped on my order and Mace as still just 'ordered.'

bread's done
Back