(DEAD) XB-Buffy Chaos $10@EB - FREE a/r? / $6.75 Used a/c (1 left)

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
UPDATE 03/11/2004 @ 10am EST:
they pulled the deal. if you haven't ordered MACE yet, be aware they may pull that deal as well. NEW disappeared. also, there were 23+ used, and now only 1 left. only took minutes. perhaps a true buffy fan bought everything.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds deal of the day?
if you're a buffy fan, it is!
Cheap ass link

---

$10 NEW + free ship

ymmv, but perhaps FREE after rebate:
www.cheapassgamer.com/images/rebates/vivendirebate.pdf

thanks to everyone.

That could be because both games are coming from different warehouses. I have place orders with EB a few times where I ordered more than 1 game and some games shipped from the West Chester, PA warehouse and the other games were shipped from Kentucky.

Guess you learn something every day. Thanks for that, all this time and I never figured that out. Then again I rarely order more than one at a time from EB...until I found this site.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Guess you learn something every day. Thanks for that, all this time and I never figured that out. Then again I rarely order more than one at a time from EB...until I found this site.[/quote]

i know what you mean about finding this site. Since i found it a week ago i have gotten 4 games for under 20 bucks. And there actually ones that i have been wanting to play

I'm going to call tomorrow, but by any chance does anyone know if EBX in Paramus Park mall in NJ has Buffy in stock?

I'm contemplating whether I should just buy it now through EBgames or buy it B&M. Its kind of complex because I bought Metal Arms the other day, and I'm going to have to use my credit card again to buy Buffy if ever, which most probably I'll have sent to my cousin's house.

I just ordered the Buffy game.

Just in time, it seems, because now I get an out of stock message when I click the link.

DEAD!

maybe they relaized the game is free after rebate.

;)

over 100 new. completely pulled the deal. they may pull the MACE deal next.

there were 23+ used in stock, now only 1.

Bad advice to call them. It isn't necessary. Its painfully obvious from reading the wording on the rebate form that it is good for multiple games.

If I'm wrong, tell me, but did you guys even read the rebate form fully?

THere are a lot of (s)'s in it to allow multiple submissions. There wouldn't be any other reason for the (s)'s.

We'll see if anything else gets dirt cheap in the next week or two to add to my Metal Arms and Buffy rebates.

[quote name='Hurstool']I see the rebate says "limit one rebate per household". Do you think this means you can't buy two games on the list and submit a rebate for both, or does it mean only one rebate per game listed.[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']UPDATE 03/11/2004 @ 10am EST:
they pulled the deal. if you haven't ordered MACE yet, be aware they may pull that deal as well. NEW disappeared. also, there were 23+ used, and now only 1 left. only took minutes. perhaps a true buffy fan bought everything.

But you can still get it B&M I picked up one today and also Kotor for 29.99

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds deal of the day?
if you're a buffy fan, it is!
Cheap ass link

---

$10 NEW + free ship

ymmv, but perhaps FREE after rebate:
www.cheapassgamer.com/images/rebates/vivendirebate.pdf

thanks to everyone.[/quote]

I'm off to buy it at my local EB. Had to call around but luckily one of the 4 in my area have it in stock. Woohoo!

EDIT: Just so happened to get my 666th post on this Buffy thread. Creeeppyyy.

I can still remember the $10 EB Games deal in January of 2003 for the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I remember seeing weeks and weeks of assorted posts from people debating whether or not to get the original Buffy new for $10, despite a wave of excellent reviews from a variety of sources. I kind of doubt that most people have gotten any smarter in a year's time, so I attribute the Chaos Bleeds sell-out to the fact that traffic at this site (and others like it) has increased tenfold in barely a year's time.

[quote name='Requiem']Does it matter if I play this game without having ever played the first one?[/quote]

Probaly not. You'll probably get more of kick out of it, if you're a fan of the tv series. I would suggest playing the first one after you play Chaos Bleeds. If you were to do so the other way around, you might be disappointed.

W00t

Picked up the next to last Buffy at EBX at GSP in Paramus. Post office is closed but I'm sending out the rebate tomorrow! I printed out the rebate form, hopefully they'll accept it. I'll keep you all updated if its accepted or not.

Hey I just wanted to say, I found a copy of the rebate at my best buy store....they only had like 2 or 3 left on some of the games. I grabbed one for myself, and another for a friend. Next time I go in I will try to find some more, and if I do I can send them out to anyone who wants them. Hopefully they will still have more tomorrow.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the printed out rebate forms will work fine. Unless a company is total scum, they usually would at least give you a chance to correct an invalid rebate submission....accepting a printed out rebate form will be much easier for the Young America rebate center than sending out letters to everyone and then having everyone resubmit. I mean, stores run out of rebates, many times I recall stores (especially compusa & officemax) giving out photocopies of rebates because they ran out...

Hey anyone know were I can find the first Buffy for cheap. My local Circuit City is selling it for $23 and I think it's priced too high.

You may be able to find the official rebate coupon at CompUSA
on their Rebate Rack. I found some in Columbus, OH, today.

[quote name='MadFlava']Hey anyone know were I can find the first Buffy for cheap. My local Circuit City is selling it for $23 and I think it's priced too high.[/quote]

You can get it used for $13.50 at ebgames.com

Cheap ass link

Use coupon code AFF25.

Not sure how you feel about ordering pre-owned but I've had pretty good results from eb so far.

I got this game direct at my eb. So has anyone got response from rebate if its printed out from pdf? How else can I get a copy of rebate form? Do I ask at my EB or is it inside the Buffy game?

[quote name='cruzincontrol']I got this game direct at my eb. So has anyone got response from rebate if its printed out from pdf? How else can I get a copy of rebate form? Do I ask at my EB or is it inside the Buffy game?[/quote]

You can find the form at Best Buy, like I did. However I also sent a PDF form in but haven't heard anything yet. Theres nothing inside the Buffy game except the manual, game and trading card :)

Well, I calle the number and spoke with a CSR named Louise, and she told me two important things:

1) They will not accept copied UPCs.

2) The limit of one rebate per household should be interpreted as "one $10 rebate per household," so you will probably need another address in order to get another $10 rebate.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Well, I calle the number and spoke with a CSR named Louise, and she told me two important things:

1) They will not accept copied UPCs.[/quote]

I think most everyone assumed that. Thanks for the clarification on #2 (though that is also what I assumed.)

Just got my copy of Buffy: Chaos Bleeds and Mace Griffin today. Buffy plays just like the older one that was released on Xbox only, although Chaos Bleeds has improved graphics. Willow's voice double is absolutely horrendous, but the others (which are the actual actors) sound just fine. Basically if you got a kick out of the first Buffy, you'll definitely enjoy CB.

As for Mace... well lets just say its really fucking boring. Pretty good graphics, awesome music, good sound.. but gameplay is really lacking. Henry Rollins can't act for shit, either.

actually, Sarah Michelle Gellar didnt lend her voice in either. her voice double is very good though, i cant say the same for willow's :(

That is NOT how the rebate form reads. Why does it say "original UPC code(s)". I've had some trouble with some Disney DVD rebates lately getting sent back on silly technicalities. I guess I can expect a screw job on this as well.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Well, I calle the number and spoke with a CSR named Louise, and she told me two important things:

1) They will not accept copied UPCs.

2) The limit of one rebate per household should be interpreted as "one $10 rebate per household," so you will probably need another address in order to get another $10 rebate.[/quote]

I have played the game a few times.....as a big follower of the show I know that Buffy's voice isn't her.....obviously willow sounds terrible....Xander, Spike, and Giles are real....not sure who else..

[quote name='redgopher']Just got my copy of Buffy: Chaos Bleeds and Mace Griffin today. Buffy plays just like the older one that was released on Xbox only, although Chaos Bleeds has improved graphics. Willow's voice double is absolutely horrendous, but the others (which are the actual actors) sound just fine. Basically if you got a kick out of the first Buffy, you'll definitely enjoy CB.

As for Mace... well lets just say its really f*#king boring. Pretty good graphics, awesome music, good sound.. but gameplay is really lacking. Henry Rollins can't act for shit, either.[/quote]

Used is back in stock again. $9, $6.75 after AFF25

Only 1 left right now, so hurry!

Oh, and they've raised the price of the new version to $20.

[quote name='benjam138']If anyone still cares, I got my rebate the other day.[/quote]

I sent my rebate paperwork through the mail nearly a month ago, but I don't really expect to get a check in the mail. If it comes, I'll be thrilled, but I'm not really expecting to receive it. This game is well-worth $10 anyway, imo.

[quote name='benjam138']If anyone still cares, I got my rebate the other day.[/quote]

Same here.

Thanks to my fellow cheapasses :D

Just got two of the rebates I had sent to different addresses...expecting to get the third soon.

Despite what it said on the form about the rebate not exceeding the price paid...the rebate was for the full $10....made a cool penny before taxes :)

Yeah, they generally don't sweat it being a penny less :lol:

If you haven't mailed yours out yet (like me) remember they must be postmarked by April 30th, so don't delay too much longer.

Just got my rebate two days ago. I'm in NYC. I guess we all ended up making 1 cent on the deal, since we paid $9.99 with no tax a free shipping!

;)

To update a dead topic.

I got my rebate as well today. Also of note; I used a .pdf rebate form I printed off my computer not the actual form. So for future reference, that works.

bread's done
Back