(DEAD) XBL 4000 point card $39.99 - eBay Deal Blast

Only saves me about a dollar or two with it charging me tax I could just go to best buy and have my points in hand with there curent deal going on. But good deal for non CA residents!!!

So tempted! I'd be set for a LONG time with this! But there is honestly not enough on the marketplace right now to bite on this. Great deal nonetheless!

Having points handy makes it much easier to buy stuff I don't need to buy, but my PayPal balance can cover this entirely. In for 1, thanks OP.

I just bought 2 cards from Best Buy this week but I think I can handle buying one more card. I hope Microsoft will keep good deals of the week going. Thanks OPs. :p

Thanks, OP, I just purchased one 4000 Microsoft Points card. I'm running out of MS Points, I only have 460 points at the moment...

odd, you shouldn't have to pay tax on the card, since you pay tax when you purchase the games.. just like when you buy someone a gift card..

[quote name='crunchewy']Yep, tax in MD. Still a decent deal, but I don't really need more points right now, so I'll hold off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hodaka']odd, you shouldn't have to pay tax on the card, since you pay tax when you purchase the games.. just like when you buy someone a gift card..[/QUOTE]

How, exactly, do you pay tax when you buy the game? This is live, not the psn. The only things tax are charged on on live are buying points and buying full games (that can't be bought with points).

In for one even though I already have enough points from the Walmart 3-1600 points deal a few weeks back. XBL point deals are sometimes rare, so this should be my last pickup of points for a year or more.

Boo, charging tax in CA too, which they shouldn't be. Their system is just being dumb and charging automatically for any purchases in certain states, I think-- which probably means buy.com just pockeys the money, since they won't really owe it. Brings the deal to not much better than the BB $17.99 deal, really. I'll pass and hope Amazon matches this someday.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']Only saves me about a dollar or two with it charging me tax I could just go to best buy and have my points in hand with there curent deal going on. But good deal for non CA residents!!![/QUOTE]

Bro! they charge you tax at best buy!!

The cheapest I have ever found the 4000pt card is for 39.99+tax back during the microcenter b&m sale. I'll bite. $43.49 total to CA.

[quote name='Justin42']Boo, charging tax in CA too, which they shouldn't be. Their system is just being dumb and charging automatically for any purchases in certain states, I think-- which probably means buy.com just pockeys the money, since they won't really owe it. Brings the deal to not much better than the BB $17.99 deal, really. I'll pass and hope Amazon matches this someday.[/QUOTE]

From the FAQs at the bottom of the auction page:

Q: Sales Tax?
A: You must pay sales tax if you ship to: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Tennessee, or Washington. By law, sales tax is automatically computed on products and shipping charges.

I think these are the blister pack ones...so it charges tax.

Well, I ain't getting one because it charges tax here in TN. Good deal though for others who aren't.

where does the tax show up? On the eBay page or over at PayPal?

No tax showing in NJ (which is odd). Anyway, I'm in for 1. Damn you OP.

[quote name='javeryh']where does the tax show up? On the eBay page or over at PayPal?

No tax showing in NJ (which is odd). Anyway, I'm in for 1. Damn you OP.[/QUOTE]

It shows up as soon as you hit buy now, but before you actually go to paypal to confirm and pay.

But according to that one poster, NJ isn't on the list of states that will charge tax.

bread's done
Back