Dead XBLA Games Co-op Thread

gubmccargen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
As I'm sure is the case with most CAGs I have a massive XBLA backlog due to the great sales we've been spoiled with lately. Many of them have seemingly fun co-op/multiplayer modes but the community is largely dead or dying by the time I get around to playing them. Why sit around for possibly hours hoping someone joins your game when we have CAG?

Instead of making a new thread for each XBLA title that doesn't already have its own thread I thought it would be handy to have a matchmaking thread for those looking to do co-op or multiplayer on lesser-known, older, or just plain unpopular XBLA games.

If you want to play games like Castlevania: HoD, Battlefield 1943, or Monday Night Combat you probably can just visit the dedicated thread and find plenty of players.

If enough people use this I can make a master list of games and Gamertags of those who want to co-op that specific title. If nothing else, having a Friends list filled with friendly like-minded CAGs that buy the same games you do is always a good thing. It's probably wise to send a message saying the games you'd like to co-op so people know to send you a request when online.

Feel free to send me a FR if you'd like to co-op the following:

1942: Joint Strike
Earthworm Jim HD
Serious Sam HD TFE
Alien Breed Episodes 1 and 2
Contra
Turtles in Time
Diner Dash
Doom II

There's more where that came from but I'll keep it simple and start there.

I'm down for some earthworm jim on monday. i can probably get some friends to hop on as well. GT: Teh Samuel

Sounds great, I've really been enjoying the single player game. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it back on SNES and I hope they also put out the second one at some point. They actually hold up quite well. I'll add you guys over the weekend and maybe we can run through all the multiplayer levels. Are you guys usually on in the afternoon/evenings?

I'm kind of surprised there aren't more of us out there with a bunch of XBLA co-op titles that would to play but can't do to lack of community. I know there are many standalone threads for individual games but many smaller games don't have them.

Are the achievement sites better for finding co-op partners for specific "dead" games? I prefer the CAG community but I guess I'll look elsewhere if necessary rather than ignore a bunch of potentially fun co-op modes.

I only posted some games off the top of my head in the OP but please feel free to post any others you've been waiting on. I missed out on EJ last night (have a new baby will do that to you) but I'll still send you guys FRs now to get something together at some point.

I've got Serious Sam HD #1, but the achievements are kind of silly and/or ridiculous. I might be willing to play one or two games of it, but definitely not up for 200/200ing it (takes too much time/effort/guide usage). :whistle2:#

I too have plenty of XBLA games with co-op that are seemingly dead online. I foresee this thread being a great asset if it's used to coordinate actual times to play certain games, rather than another gamertag swap-meet. Maybe for the games that do already have CAG communities playing, you could provide a list of links to those individual threads in the OP here?

Good point, smiff. I guess I was waiting to see if there was much interest prior to investing a lot of time formatting it. Maybe the egg needs to come before the chicken here? I know you have some of these so I'll bet you're willing to join in on some sessions. I was thinking of having a master list of titles in the OP with a list of interested gamertags and usual playing times underneath each title. Maybe make it a wiki in case I don't update it enough?

I'm not sure I could list the hundreds of threads for other XBLA titles but at least a handful of the more active ones? I know that many of the ones I already listed don't have their own threads (1942, Doom II) or at least didn't come up when I searched.

bread's done
Back