[Dead] Yakuza 3 & 4 for $15 each fs @ Newegg

Kmart has both of these games at $15 each as well if you couldn't catch this deal. Might need to go to a store.

Thanks OP. I woke up at 4am in the morning for no reason and purchased them as soon as I saw your post. I guess my CAG sense woke me up, lol. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']Yakuza 3 is on auto notify/back order. Does Newegg sell it at the sale price when they get more in stock?

And I was able to buy Y4, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

They will email you when they are back in stock, but often the price has changed.

Yakuza 3 is $49.95 at Fry's, for those of you who missed out on this deal. :lol: (Non-DLC versions at my particular location too.)

[quote name='tenike1']Yakuza 3 is $49.95 at Fry's, for those of you who missed out on this deal. :lol: (Non-DLC versions at my particular location too.)[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 3 comes with DLC? i thought that was Yakuza 4

[quote name='lito88']Yakuza 3 comes with DLC? i thought that was Yakuza 4[/QUOTE]

yakuza3dlc.jpg

Here's a picture of my game, what the DLC card looks like and how to look at the blu-ray case to see if the DLC is included or not. The expiration date for the DLC was supposedly April 1st of 2011, but I never heard any feedback on if the codes are still valid or not. The DLC isn't advertised on the cover like it is on Yakuza 4.

[quote name='tenike1']
yakuza3dlc.jpg

Here's a picture of my game, what the DLC card looks like and how to look at the blu-ray case to see if the DLC is included or not. The expiration date for the DLC was supposedly April 1st of 2011, but I never heard any feedback on if the codes are still valid or not. The DLC isn't advertised on the cover like it is on Yakuza 4.[/QUOTE]

What dlc does it come with?

[quote name='tmly']Yakuza 4 is 18.72 on Amazon with FSSS so only a couple bucks more especially if you had to pay tax from Newegg.[/QUOTE]
I am in the opposite situation.

I pay tax on Amazon but not at Newegg. :)

[quote name='Moonlk']Guess the people who ordered like 5 a piece beat me to it. Urrgghh.[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone ordered more than one. There's no market for this game and the price is close to market value.

[quote name='tenike1']

Here's a picture of my game, what the DLC card looks like and how to look at the blu-ray case to see if the DLC is included or not. The expiration date for the DLC was supposedly April 1st of 2011, but I never heard any feedback on if the codes are still valid or not. The DLC isn't advertised on the cover like it is on Yakuza 4.[/QUOTE]

The DLC code for Yakuza 3 still works. I just redeemed mine a couple of days ago (12-1-2011).

[quote name='Shinjiru']The DLC code for Yakuza 3 still works. I just redeemed mine a couple of days ago (12-1-2011).[/QUOTE]

Awesome news. I guess it was really an April Fool's prank by SEGA after all. :wave:

Just got the platinum. As much as I loved this game, I don't think I'll be playing it ever again. :p

[quote name='tenike1']
yakuza3dlc.jpg

I hope you already redeemed both of those DLC codes in the picture cuz I(and likely everyone else who saw your post) can clearly read them.:D

For those who missed out on this price for Yakuza 4, I posted a deal a few days ago or so mentioning that there's a special shipment of Yakuza 4(complete with UPC sticker over the original and a second sticker with the price on it) in stores at Kmart now. The price there is $14.99 as well. It's YMMV if you can find it though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I hope you already redeemed both of those DLC codes in the picture cuz I(and likely everyone else who saw your post) can clearly read them.:D

For those who missed out on this price for Yakuza 4, I posted a deal a few days ago or so mentioning that there's a special shipment of Yakuza 4(complete with UPC sticker over the original and a second sticker with a $14.99 price on it) in stores at Kmart now. The price there is $14.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is more than welcome to try. :cool: They'll find out if their greed and attempt at robbery was worth the effort of trying to redeem them.

The only beef I have with the K-mart shipment is that the DLC was removed from the game. I don't know if that's a deal breaker for anybody, but I don't like how they changed the cover. Some may prefer it better since the artwork is uncovered, but for some reason it just feels as if something is missing... to me, anyway. :whistle2:#

But maybe the Kmart copies are an earlier shipment closer to release, since companies do add stuff in for re-releases(Mafia II, Heavy Rain Director's Cut) to add value for those buying the games later.

My take on DLC is this. As long as I don't know that earlier copies may have contained something or that something is actually on the disc and being released as 'DLC', then I don't really care. But stuff like charging people $5-10 for files already on a game's disc is horseshit and I'm seeing a bunch of that happening this gen.

In the case of Yakuza 3 and 4, here are a list of things I believe to be true:
1.) I got the game on release date. All of the copies that I have seen up until a couple weeks ago had the DLC advertised. K-Mart received a strange shipment with what I believe to be are re-prints, not earlier copies that do not include the DLC.
2.) The only DLC for Yakuza 4 available on PSN is an items package, which is free. What's included on the voucher does not appear to be available for purchase on the PSN store, so it kind of sucks for those people who bought a gutted game, even if the content was already included on the disc. :booty:
3.) In the case of Yakuza 3, it appears the latter shipment is the one that included the DLC, but not advertised anywhere on the front cover. I believe only a small percentage of the Yakuza 3's out there had the DLC, and possibly only available at K-Mart since K-Mart was the one retailer running the promotion where Yakuza 3 came free with the purchase of Yakuza 4.

[quote name='Rodster']Yakuza 3 is on auto notify/back order. Does Newegg sell it at the sale price when they get more in stock?

And I was able to buy Y4, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

After I clicked on auto-notify I read this: Please Note: Due to limited supply, all stock is sold on a first-come first-serve basis. Auto notify does not guarantee availability or price. All prices are subject to change without notice.

There are no emoticons to express the rage I feel right now for missing this.

[quote name='darkmatter00']After I clicked on auto-notify I read this: Please Note: Due to limited supply, all stock is sold on a first-come first-serve basis. Auto notify does not guarantee availability or price. All prices are subject to change without notice.

There are no emoticons to express the rage I feel right now for missing this.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I'm sure a deal like this will come around again.

[quote name='darkmatter00']After I clicked on auto-notify I read this: Please Note: Due to limited supply, all stock is sold on a first-come first-serve basis. Auto notify does not guarantee availability or price. All prices are subject to change without notice.

There are no emoticons to express the rage I feel right now for missing this.[/QUOTE]

No worries as $15 is the going rate for both games. Plus Newegg tends to restock on certain games. I don't want to deal with Kmart but both games are $15 there too.

Good news, My copy of Yakuza 3 came with the dlc card. Im pretty sure everyone else got it also

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back