[Dead] Zack & Wiki Now $27.99 at Amazon

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Final Update: It's dead. OOS at Amazon.

---------

Update #2: The price is now $27.99, though it won't ship until Feb 1. If you click the link below, it might default to J&R's price. But look on the right under "More Buying Choices" to see that Amazon also lists it at $27.99. So if you bought at $32.99 or $29.99, fire off your emails to Amazon to get some more $$ off.

---------

Update: Just dropped to $29.99, so if you ordered it for $32.99, you should be able to email Amazon and get a $3 refund.

---------

Just dropped sometime today.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Very Nice, only heard good things about this game so far. Might have to check it out now.

Thanks OP.

My vote for sleeper hit/hidden gem in 2007 for Wii. Last I checked it sold under 100,000 copies!

Pick it up everyone so we can get a sequel or more games like this.

[quote name='NeoStrider']heavily backlogged right now, I can wait for $20[/quote]

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Would love to support, but I have to be realistic.

imma still have to wait until it hits $25 or so, but this is the best price for this game since I started looking a month or two ago

Like others, I can't drop the money until it's $20 or less.

Text-based games just aren't my thing, and even though I hear many good things, I have a feeling this one will be the same way. (Same for Phoenix Wright. I couldn't get into that series.)

[quote name='Poet_JD']I'm pretty much in the same boat. Would love to support, but I have to be realistic.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I took this route with Metroid Prime 3, and it continues to collect dust b/c of my current backlog.

I have too much to play right now (got two GC games, a VC game, a couple of moderately played Wii games, then a load of 360 games, all of which I have access to twice a week), but I've been waiting for any drop on this game.

[quote name='Rig']Like others, I can't drop the money until it's $20 or less.

Text-based games just aren't my thing, and even though I hear many good things, I have a feeling this one will be the same way. (Same for Phoenix Wright. I couldn't get into that series.)[/quote]

Agreed.

Text-based games just aren't my thing, and even though I hear many good things, I have a feeling this one will be the same way. (Same for Phoenix Wright. I couldn't get into that series.)[/quote]

This isn't a text-based game, and is nothing like Phoenix Wright. It is a point-and-click adventure, with puzzles to solve using Wii-mote motions. Check out some reviews or screen shots so you know what it's about (even if you still want to wait until it's $20).

This game fails because the name makes it seem like one of the Disney games. The box art doesn't help much either. Good game I hear though.

Funny, I'm playing it right now. I'm enjoying it but it's very different and quite difficult. I've spent more than 45 minutes on one puzzle and I think I'll have to start over (though there is an item you can buy to allow you to go back to before a mistake).

For anyone unsure or too busy, I think waiting until it's $20 is a good idea, but don't forget about this great game!

man, haha. just bought it today at BB with the 10% off coupon... wondering whether i should go through the trouble to return.

[quote name='soonersfan60']This isn't a text-based game, and is nothing like Phoenix Wright. It is a point-and-click adventure, with puzzles to solve using Wii-mote motions. Check out some reviews or screen shots so you know what it's about (even if you still want to wait until it's $20).[/QUOTE]

Seconded--I'm not a Phoenix Wright fan either, but this game has all my love.

It is truly unique and fairly hard to explain unless you actually play it. But it's still amazing.

I saw this earlier today and got it. I was going to wait for it to be less than $30 somewhere, but I got it anyway, even with other games I'm currently playing (and I usually don't like to have more than one game at once).

It just looked too good to put off.

I intend to pick this up eventually as well, but as others, there are so many other games I got in my backlog.

I hate to thread crap but I didn't like the game. I got through a good third of it too. For the record I love Phoenix Wright.

That is a steal. I got my copy for $40 and it is easily worth $50 in my opinion. Probably my 2nd favorite game of 2007, so inventive and creative but at the same time easy for anyone to pick up and play. It has a perfect balance between the casual gamer style of the Wii and something more for the hardcore crowd.

[quote name='vidGuy']Funny, I'm playing it right now. I'm enjoying it but it's very different and quite difficult.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, don't get fooled by the cutesy graphics or the lame-ass name -- this game is a real brain-strainer, and you'll really need good will power to avoid turning to an FAQ (or the in-game hint system) when you get stuck. I sometimes feel sorry for the kids who get this from clueless parents expecting a pushover title and end up tearing their hairs out over some of the levels...

And at the risk of sounding like a perv, Captain Rose is HOT. :hot: Anyone know where I can get some pinups of her (and those yummy legs)? :D

--R.J.

i shall also wait for $20. only cuz i have way too much to play right now, and i am super broke. but i've been waiting for a price drop on this for a while. it's supposed to be awesome.

Same with most, I check this site everyday.

I've got so many games that I haven't even opened to play its ridiculous!!! I probably have 25+ gamecube games I haven't even opened yet........let alone the PS3, 360 and Wii games mounting up.

THEN, when I turn away from the deal I digress later.....I have been kicking myself for not getting Eye of Judgement for 44.95 when it was avail.....

There must be a gamers annonomous......

......still I would like to get this game too!!

I think I'll rent it first as I see it most of us have our own video-game tastes. I'm sure gamefly has it.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Awesome game! Well, worth the $40 price, and dare I say I would have been happy to pay $50 for it. A must-buy at $33 ![/quote]

I would have been happy at $50, but $40 was amazing and $33 is just plain awesome. Zack and Wiki prettymuch sold me on getting a Wii. - It came out near when I found my current girlfriend, so I acutally had someone to play a Wii with. The system just feels like it needs to be shared with people instead of playing alot of games solo.

So if you have someone that you play SMG or Lego Star Wars with - then I wholeheartedly recommend Zack and Wiki.

Text-based games just aren't my thing, and even though I hear many good things, I have a feeling this one will be the same way. (Same for Phoenix Wright. I couldn't get into that series.)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get past the first few levels/screens. Got stuck really fast (although it is charming). (I liked it even less than Phoenix Wright, and that I had to force myself to finish-I was sick of it by the third mission.)

I'd advise a rent first if you don't love PC style adventure games, which this more or less is. For me even $10 would be a big waste of money.

Why is this thread filled with comparisons to Ace Attorney? If this game has any comparable it is to something like Gobliiins. Not sure if anyone remembers the game. It was a point and click adventure/puzzle game published by Sierra back in the early 90's.

Awesome game for an awesome price...in my humble opinion.
Got it for Christmas and I've been loving every second of it. If you like any kind of point and click game (Like Sam & Max, etc) then you owe it to yourself to at least try this game (even if you just rent it/ borrow it from a friend).

It was very worth the $40 I paid for it, so anybody even considering should just go for it!

The game is fun point and click adventure game which also uses the Wiimote gestures quite well. You will not be disappointed!

bread's done
Back