Deadly Premonition $12.81

I enjoyed what i played of it. Its a long game, interesting and strange in a good way. Hardest part is getting past the ps2 quality graphics. But nobody likes a graphics whore.

it was aorginaly for the last generation ssytem (or so its said) and htey switched , hence hte older style graphics. Generaly bad to ok reviews with a few notable game guys praising it (kotaku).. it was a Budget title to start with. it came out the same Time as Heavy rain and there was a small war that it was a better game (again at Kotaku).. personally its pretty average. but the price it right I think. I only seen it in youtube and reviews.. Im in for one if i can get my aamzon to 25$ so shipping dont kill it.

I can't really explain why I enjoyed the game. The graphics were outdated. The plot wasn't that great. The combat sucked. The dungeons were boring. But that was one of my favorite games this past year.

I guess I could say it was so bad that it was good, and it had awesome music. Just got "Life is Beautiful" stuck in my head by reading this thread title.

The graphics do suck, but that just adds to the game's undeniable charm. Although I think it's appeal is definitely geared toward an older demographic given many obscure references to the 1980s. One thing to do, and you can find it in a faq online, is to obtain the cell phone early, which acts as a fast travel device within the game. Having this one item is huge in terms of improving the game's playability.

All in all, for a mature gamer not dependent on graphical eye candy to enjoy a game, this is definitely worth $13.

I liked it alot but I also liked Twin Peaks. Cool quirky characters, huge world map, very cool story, some awesome music.

The bad parts are that it has horrible controls, bad graphics, and it can take forever to get around (don't let your car run out of gas in the middle of no where - you will be better off just resetting)

I give it a thumbs up. I do find it funny that numerous Gamestop employees have made fun of me for buying it when seeing it in my history.

I got it for 10 bucks on a deal here a while back. While i do like quirky and odd games i didnt really care for this one too much. I do like the characters and some of the twin peaks oddness but it is very slow and the controls are horrible. I may go back to it again but its been shelved for now. I dont regret buying it because it does have a bit of cult status. Id say if you like games like catherine or some of the zany out of place games buy it. If you like mainstrean games like gears or assassins creed id probably stay away.

I've wanted to try this game. Too deep into dark souls and skyrim at the moment though. I'm sure it'll drop more later.

I agree with the consensus. It's an awful, awful, tedious, ugly mess of a game and the plot is a clusterfuck but it's charming enough to stick through. Everyone who thinks they might like it should give it a shot.

Note that side missions provide loads of benefits for making the tedious gameplay less sucky. Infinite Wrench, the radio, and York's Car almost make the game bearable.

I actually enjoyed the plot. But then, as I mentioned above, I also really love Twin Peaks. Though I actually was turned on to Twin Peaks by the game, and not vice versa. Rsmobile is completely right about the side missions. The rewards remove A LOT of the bad parts.

[quote name='trunks982']if i like silent hill and alan wake games, i will like this?[/QUOTE]

I like those games and I could not wait for Deadly Premonition to be over so I'm gonna say no. It was a triumph just to say I finished the game but man was I miserable while playing it. I personally would hold out until it was like $5...maybe.

I think if you're a nut for games like Silent HIll, Clock Tower, Haunting Ground, etc. you're gonna find something to enjoy about this game. I paid full price for it and enjoyed it. But if you are big on graphics or controls and don't appreciate quirkiness then you probably will get frustrated with it.

I paid full price on the day it came out and loved the shit outta it.

Cons
- Bad controls
- Bad graphics
- Dated game design in many areas
- A lot of unrealized possibilities
- Very little is explained

Pros
- Great freedom
- Long for the price
- Such great, quirky characters
- Awesome story if not a bit cheesy at times, endearing in a B movie kind of way
- You'll become a part of the super cool eclectic "I finished deadly premonition" club full of memes like IT'S IN THE COFFEE and DON'T YOU THINK SO ZACK?
- The investigation sequences are basically what LA Noire did before it was cool.

If you like Resident Evil 4 style gameplay, the action sequences are somewhat similar, but a bit more rough around the edges. I actually really enjoyed them.

I kind of wonder if the game as a whole doesn't have more in common with LA Noire than Heavy Rain.

Bought it for 20 the day it came out. very good game well worth that price and no that came out Feb about 2 years ago barely drops i would grab it.

bread's done
Back