Deadly Premonition

Check out the Endurance Run for this game over on Giant Bomb. Love it!

Against my better judgment, I will probably end up getting a copy at some point.

[quote name='Xevious']Gamespot just posted a review. I'm shocked. The game looks and sounds awful![/QUOTE]

It is. But it's like some B-movies that are low budget, badly acted and directed yet are still fun to watch.

I played about an hour of it this weekend and I love it so far. It is so crazy and so awful and I love every minute of it!

I'm still shocked. Maybe I will try it when it hits $10 or $5.

I'm not a fan of the Tank controls.

I'm torn between wanting to either keep playing or stop. I agree that it's more entertaining than you'd think it is, but the fact that in-game minutes approximately reflect real life minutes can be fucking annoying when it comes to waiting around for certain missions to start (and quite frankly I don't think the town is near interesting enough to just explore for an hour or so while waiting). I accidentally deleted my 6hr-in save a couple of weeks ago and ended up replaying it in 3.5 to get back to my original spot, so I guess at least that says something good about it. Still can't play it too late though otherwise I find myself getting really sleepy though.

[quote name='tenma']I'm torn between wanting to either keep playing or stop. I agree that it's more entertaining than you'd think it is, but the fact that in-game minutes approximately reflect real life minutes can be fucking annoying when it comes to waiting around for certain missions to start (and quite frankly I don't think the town is near interesting enough to just explore for an hour or so while waiting). I accidentally deleted my 6hr-in save a couple of weeks ago and ended up replaying it in 3.5 to get back to my original spot, so I guess at least that says something good about it. Still can't play it too late though otherwise I find myself getting really sleepy though.[/QUOTE]

You can smoke cigarettes to speed up time. While you are smoking, the game time increases by one hour approximately every one or two real seconds.

[quote name='Xevious']I'm still shocked. Maybe I will try it when it hits $10 or $5.

I'm not a fan of the Tank controls.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really control like a tank, just controls like a crappier version of RE4 during the shooting sections.

$5-$10 is probably still something to hold out for though if you're on the fence. It's not technically a very good game. It's an awesomely bizarre game that throws some cool ideas out there every now and then, but it's not very well put together.

[quote name='timesplitt']ign a 2 gamespot a 7.. heard it wtf material. for 20 I'll see how easy the acheevs are[/QUOTE]

There's only 12, but they're not exactly "easy" as they'll require you to play through the game, which is long, and at least involve a 2nd playthrough on the unlocked difficulty.

It's horribly fantastic. If you have the patience, and were ever a Twin Peaks fan, you owe it to yourself to experience this game. :cool:

That's gotta be the funniest damn review I've seen in awhile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoP1ZP7SM98&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='TheCapn010']That's gotta be the funniest damn review I've seen in awhile.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah..but he fails to mention that you get to do all that stuff for 20+ hours. So uh...there's that! ;)

[quote name='TheCapn010']That's gotta be the funniest damn review I've seen in awhile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoP1ZP7SM98&feature=player_embedded
[/QUOTE]

The only funny parts of that review are the direct clips from the game. At this point, I'm kind of sick of the "angry gamer" tone of voice.

whistles the tune

wish i had unlimited ammo. i mean if my guy talks to an imaginary friend he might as well have infinite ammo

I don't think I could take playing through this game myself, but Giant Bomb is doing an endurance run feature on this and it's totally awesome. Basically just them playing through the game plus their commentary. It's hilarious.

[quote name='Fjordson']I don't think I could take playing through this game myself, but Giant Bomb is doing an endurance run feature on this and it's totally awesome. Basically just them playing through the game plus their commentary. It's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad at all. I'm enjoying it a lot and that's rare for me to say cause I was never into the Silent Hill series or even Twin Peaks.

Have to bump this topic.

I just finished DP today. This game is great! I don't even know how to describe it. The graphics, audio, and controls are all "bad" (the game was originally slated for PS2), but I enjoyed this game more than many big-name, hyped AAA titles. If you like mysteries, horror, comedy, or just general weirdness, you should play this game. It's so different, I've truly never played anything like it before.

i beat the game a few hours ago.

spoilers really!
George was a harder boss. than the final one

so york was.... a spirit or replacement? what is york and where did he come from? while zack was in the red/white room

Emily has been soiled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

doing the episodes/chapter after beating the game is slightly harder. you cant save at all, making you lose whatever it is you collected if you die while replaying a chapter.

The game was really cheap at gamestop.com but after the review of it on xplay there was a spike in its price and now it is $19.99. Did any one notice that?

The game's look was intentional.The creators know the fun people have with B movies so they wanted to make a B game but some people didn't catch on which can some times become a problem with a game like this;you have to advertise that everything is intentional.The game is also a homage to David Lynch's Twin Peaks which was a surrealistic head trip.

bread's done
Back