Deadpool (PS3/Xbox 360) [Discontinued] for $29.99 @ Amazon.com

I want to play this, even despite it being discontinued, but I refuse to pay anything over $15-20 for it.

Discontinued does not equal rare in this case, not yet anyway.

I'd guess it will be available cheaper somewhere in the near future, I got a copy from BBY as well when it was $15. 

could see this getting big demand if/when the movie releases,

of course, i'm sure there will be another deadpool game or movie game tie-in

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this game discontinued?  Random google searches bring up forum posts where people talk about licensing, but I couldn't find anything official/definitive.

Idk about gameplay, but I've heard that the humor and random bits are pretty entertaining so that's the main reason I'm slightly interested.

Pretty sure digital only copies were discontinued. Retail discs are fine.

I was mistaken apparently, no new copies willbe entering market
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=743641
Not sure how this could be an issue. The factory surely stopped producing Deadpool discs long ago, probably around the time the game was released. There's plenty of stock out there.

Why is this game discontinued? Random google searches bring up forum posts where people talk about licensing, but I couldn't find anything official/definitive.

Idk about gameplay, but I've heard that the humor and random bits are pretty entertaining so that's the main reason I'm slightly interested.

It's definitely a licensing issue, it's been reported numerous places. Activision lost the licenses to a bunch of older Marvel stuff.

It's definitely a licensing issue, it's been reported numerous places. Activision lost the licenses to a bunch of older Marvel stuff.
I found an article mentioning the licensing so I deleted my post, but apparently not before you quoted me goshdarnit you ninja!!! (I literally deleted it within a minute of posting it; not sure why you were so fast...or the site is slow...)

But my other point still stands. I am still curious about the game because everyone I know who has played it has mentioned the humor and all that as being pretty entertaining.

Yea, licensing issues ensure that no more new copies of this game will be entering the market.

I do want this game. It probably has enough personality to compensate for the mediocre hack n' slash.

If anyone buys/already owns the game and wants the 'Merc with a map pack' DLC, gamestop.com is still selling a $3 code for the PS3 version. The DLC was removed from the PSN store along with the game but the gamestop code was still working when I bought it a couple weeks ago.

The DLC doesn't add much, only two extra challenge maps and two alternate costumes that are tied to those challenge maps, but it might be the last chance to buy the DLC if you want the 'complete' game.

Really fun but $15 should be the most you pay in my opinion. Fairly generic gameplay but the writing and voice acting is about as good as it gets in video games these days.

Like green Lantern boring but jokes semi hide how the gameplay is so boring?
I would say better than Green Lantern but not a ton better. Green Lantern at least had the various powers to mix things it up. DP is pretty much a mix of sword and gunplay with some nice power moves. Not much variety in enemies either (they make a joke about it). Enough that you need to vary your approach though. Enemy guns can be a bit overpowered on the higher difficulties and make the final fight sequence a little frustrating. With that all said I had a lot more fun with DP over GL.

I want to play this, even despite it being discontinued, but I refuse to pay anything over $15-20 for it.
Really, its just a 10 dollar game. Its an action game shit out for the sake of cashing in on a character that was hot for a little while for no real reason and then fizzled out due to over exposure. It took me months to beat it because Id play for a bit, get bored, play something else, come back for a bit.

Is this suppose to be rare or something? I also bought it from best buy. Beat it and sold it.
It will never be rare. There are copies of sitting on store shelves even after being discontinued that no one wants. Just because they don't make it now didn't mean there are millions of copies just floating around in the ether already. Besides it came out before Christmas so anyone who really wanted it got it last year.

I would say better than Green Lantern but not a ton better. Green Lantern at least had the various powers to mix things it up. DP is pretty much a mix of sword and gunplay with some nice power moves. Not much variety in enemies either (they make a joke about it). Enough that you need to vary your approach though. Enemy guns can be a bit overpowered on the higher difficulties and make the final fight sequence a little frustrating. With that all said I had a lot more fun with DP over GL.
GL liked for 2 hours then i got so bored i stopped...

bread's done
Back