Deadpool Steelbook up at Best Buy. 29.99

Going to email for price adjustment. It's so much easier than calling and having to deal with a person who has no idea WTF is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't they usually price adjust automatically for pre-orders?
That's what CS said, but now I see the leaked ad on the main forum showing it'll be $25. Even with the $20 price tag, BB is saying that no stores in my area will have it in stock. This is pretty frustrating especially since I used a RZ cert and feel like I'm going to be screwed out of $5.

So now it's at $25. How does it work with Best Buy? Do we not get the $20 price automatically like Amazon? I would've canceled and reordered but it wasn't available for pickup anymore. Are we stuck with the $25 price? And if I used a $5 certificate, will they adjust to $25 then $20 after certificate or will they see they I paid $25 after certificate and not give me any discount?

I contacted them for a price adjustment. I wanted the $19.99 price and they refused. That being said, they said that when it ships I'll receive the lowest price it's up for at the time of shipment. I assume that's $24.99 due to the ad.

Regular version is two disc, one BD and one DVD.  SB version is showing two disc, so I'd assume the same.

Why do you think it's not including the DVD version? 

Regular version is two disc, one BD and one DVD. SB version is showing two disc, so I'd assume the same.

Why do you think it's not including the DVD version?
Because it's not mentioned in the description. Just says bluray and digital copy. But it wouldn't be the first time BB fucked up a product description.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Because it's not mentioned in the description. Just says bluray and digital copy. But it wouldn't be the first time BB fucked up a product description.

I doubt the SB will be anything different in disc content than the Amaray version, so I would be very surprised if the DVD isn't included.

=(

I need to test my theory out one day and choose the cheaper shipping. It seems that people who get free standard shipping always get it before people with elite plus who choose the expedited shipping.
I have tested that. Here's what I found: for expedited shipping, they send it overnight mail (usually), so it doesn't go out until Monday.

For other shipping methods, it is sent a few days in advance to still arrive by release day. In this case, the item usually arrives a day or two early.

I have tested that. Here's what I found: for expedited shipping, they send it overnight mail (usually), so it doesn't go out until Monday.

For other shipping methods, it is sent a few days in advance to still arrive by release day. In this case, the item usually arrives a day or two early.
That's never how it works for me. My pre-ordered games and movies usually ship the Friday morning the Tuesday release, with expedited shipping. For instance, my Uncharted 4 shipped yesterday at like 10 am.

That's never how it works for me. My pre-ordered games and movies usually ship the Friday morning the Tuesday release, with expedited shipping. For instance, my Uncharted 4 shipped yesterday at like 10 am.

Maybe it has to do with distance from a shipping center. Deadpool shipped Wednesday. Uncharted 4 shipped yesterday and looks to be here Monday.

Maybe it has to do with distance from a shipping center. Deadpool shipped Wednesday. Uncharted 4 shipped yesterday and looks to be here Monday.
Do your preorders ship from KY as well? I have a major distribution center in the state but I don't think most games or movies come from there. My deadpool shipped out but there won't be any movement until Monday and be here on Tuesday.

lol... At least I know I'm not crazy, I knew there was a trick on how some people were getting there stuff early.

Why hasn't this been available for shipping? I guess I'll just pick it up Tuesday instead of preordering.

Do your preorders ship from KY as well? I have a major distribution center in the state but I don't think most games or movies come from there. My deadpool shipped out but there won't be any movement until Monday and be here on Tuesday.

lol... At least I know I'm not crazy, I knew there was a trick on how some people were getting there stuff early.
KY for movies, OK for games.

I also got mine in the mail today.  It also has a small scratch on the front towards the bottom edge and I'm not sure if it's worth going to a store to try to exchange it, if they'd even have any in stock on release day.

On another note, I finally got them to do a price adjustment down to the $19.99 price.  It took some e-mailing and a few firm phone calls before they finally agreed.

I got mine today. It's beautiful!

They adjusted it automatically to 24.99 before it got shipped. I didn't want to bother fighting for the 19.99 price. Whatever.

It comes with BLU/DVD/Digital.

I got mine today. It's beautiful!

They adjusted it automatically to 24.99 before it got shipped. I didn't want to bother fighting for the 19.99 price. Whatever.

It comes with BLU/DVD/Digital.
I called them and referenced the email that I first sent them , no trouble what so ever getting the $5 back.

I just stopped by Best Buy and picked up a Steelbook Deadpool copy. As long as I don't dawdle, it's usually not hard for me to pick up these exclusives day-of. You don't want to wait too long, though. Their stock was already fairly depleted. (only three or four copies left at that location)

Was able to get the last one they had, and it has a fat ding on the spine.  Anyone mind snagging me one and sending it to me?  Lol no copies within 250 miles of my zip code.

I've got a second, but won't know if it's available until Saturday.
Sounds good. Keep me update if you can. Supposedly Best Buy is getting more of them since there was such a high demand, but I will believe it when I see it. I will let you know if I do in fact find another one.

So apparently this is sold out at most Best Buys now.  None within 250 miles of me anyway.  Definitely glad I grabbed it the one day it was $19.99!

Between 05/01/16 (I think) and 05/02/16 (date of my PDF printout of the product page). It was a quick price mistake as far as we can see and some of us contacted BB CS about it.
I say this jealously, some people got a $10 credit at $24.99, I was fortunate to get the refund though. I honestly thought BBY charged the lesser of any price they had regardless what it lands when it ships. Its the one thing Amazon has over BBY but still lacks in many of the things they used to offer.

I say this jealously, some people got a $10 credit at $24.99, I was fortunate to get the refund though. I honestly thought BBY charged the lesser of any price they had regardless what it lands when it ships. Its the one thing Amazon has over BBY but still lacks in many of the things they used to offer.
You can be as jealous as you like though it looks like UPS decided to lose my Deadpool SB, as it made it to the local sorting hub late Monday evening / early Tuesday morning, though it's MIA at that point. :bomb:

Oh lucky me. :bomb:

EDIT: Looks like I am fuck out of luck, unless it restocks, it can't be reordered. Unless the investigation finds my package in the next couple of weeks, no SB for me since it's OOS within 250 miles of me. Zavvi is also sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can be as jealous as you like though it looks like UPS decided to lose my Deadpool SB, as it made it to the local sorting hub late Monday evening / early Tuesday morning, though it's MIA at that point. :bomb:

EDIT: Looks like I am fuck out of luck, unless it restocks, it can't be reordered. Unless the investigation finds my package in the next couple of weeks, no SB for me since it's OOS within 250 miles of me. Zavvi is also sold out.
It may have been misloaded into something coming out west that usually takes a few days to update. If you don't see anything by Tuesday, you may consider it lost.

Yeah, I would give it a few more days as sometimes things get misplaced while sorting. Also maybe try to contact Best Buy CS as they may have put aside some steelbooks (not for sale to the general public) for reasons such as this.

I'll also check around stores in my local area the next few days and will pick up a copy for you if I find one, but I think the chances on finding one will be very slim given the local store stock checker.

Yeah, I would give it a few more days as sometimes things get misplaced while sorting. Also maybe try to contact Best Buy CS as they may have put aside some steelbooks (not for sale to the general public) for reasons such as this.

I'll also check around stores in my local area the next few days and will pick up a copy for you if I find one, but I think the chances on finding one will be very slim given the local store stock checker.
I had a long conversation with a post-purchase support rep, who will hand it off to the people that deal with lost packages and run up the trace investigation with UPS. She tried twice to place a new order for it, though since she can't check all of of their stores in OMS without picking random ZIP codes or knowing a zip code that has it in stock, she can't do an OMS order for it.

We'll see what happens with it though I'm not holding out much hope at the moment.

It may also be worth checking back with local stores on the 18th to see if anyone didn't pick up their store pick up preorders

Said it was out of stock Thursday when I checked. So, I just used some Hastings credit and got it there. Worked out pretty good, too, because they sent an email for $5 off a $20 purchase yesterday.

So, I got the Bluray combo pack + a pack of gum for $15.34 out the door (there was some other $2 discount as well).

Anyone have an extra one they would be willing to part with?  The one my wife got me (last one at the store) has a dent down the spine.  Things are still sold out too.  

Anyone have an extra one they would be willing to part with? The one my wife got me (last one at the store) has a dent down the spine. Things are still sold out too.
Well store pickup orders that went unclaimed should go back up for sale on Tuesday so you may have a shot to get another one then.

bread's done
Back