Deadpool taken off of Steam, still available on Amazon ($10) and GF ($8)

Mr. Tadakichi

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
This game starts great, has some priceless moments ... and then concludes with one of the worst slogs I've ever played through, followed by a mediocre song and so-so ending overall. It has some really great moments, but the repetition just becomes unbearable near the end and the actually final fight is just mindnumbingly stupid, with the game literally just throwing wave after wave of enemies at you and, for some reason, making you extremely prone to gun damage while feeling like a god at hand to hand/blade combat. I don't know .. it left me feeling decidedly mixed about the whole affair ...
Pretty much how I felt about it. Deadpool's schtick got extremely old by the end of the game. I thought his level in Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions was great, but that was the right amount of his weird sense of humor. You got a good taste of it, had some laughs & moved on. By the end of this game I just...wanted him to shut up.

Pretty much how I felt about it. Deadpool's schtick got extremely old by the end of the game. I thought his level in Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions was great, but that was the right amount of his weird sense of humor. You got a good taste of it, had some laughs & moved on. By the end of this game I just...wanted him to shut up.
Thanks for the reminder. How does licensing work because Spiderman is still being sold on Steam by Activision

As someone who reads the deadpool comics. This is what everyone in Marvel thinks of Deadpool. People have a laugh at first, then they just want to shut him up.

Edit: Caved and bought a copy from Gamefly, already off Amazon.

Thanks for the reminder. How does licensing work because Spiderman is still being sold on Steam by Activision
the license to Spider=man is different than the license to X-men and it's characters. Although they are a part of Marvel, each character can be licensed individually or in groups depending on the case.

For example, the reason you won't see Spider-man or Wolverine in The Avengers movies anytime soon is because Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-man and Fox owns the movie rights to X-men (most of the characters, but not all) and the Fantastic Four, while Disney and Marvel studios still have the rights to the Avengers and most other Marvel properties.

Just to let all of you know, Marvel also took down their Wolverine and Xmen games as well.. only the exception of marvel vs capcom origins is still up. Those were all activision licensed games which makes me think their marvel license was up? Sure wish they would inform us when they are going to be pulling a game or series of games so we can snag them before they go like they did with MVC2/3/UMVC3. 

Just bought this from Gamefly and Steam is telling me that my Product Key is invalid. Hoping this gets resolved with the actual game and not an "Oops...we dun goofed" refund. Not sure if everyone will run into this problem or if I'm just the lucky customer of the day.

Just bought this from Gamefly and Steam is telling me that my Product Key is invalid. Hoping this gets resolved with the actual game and not an "Oops...we dun goofed" refund. Not sure if everyone will run into this problem or if I'm just the lucky customer of the day.
Steam is down right now, so it could be why you are getting the error...if you were just trying to activate it

I don't think it's a problem with the key: Steam is having problems at the moment.

Just to let all of you know, Marvel also took down their Wolverine and Xmen games as well.. only the exception of marvel vs capcom origins is still up. Those were all activision licensed games which makes me think their marvel license was up? Sure wish they would inform us when they are going to be pulling a game or series of games so we can snag them before they go like they did with MVC2/3/UMVC3.
Weird, I looked into this a bit last night and found an article that the X-Men and Spider-Man licenses were extended into 2017. This was done back in 2005. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=7164

getting the same thing. damn, I hope this get sorted out

edit. and then it worked just now

Steam is down right now, so it could be why you are getting the error...if you were just trying to activate it
I don't think it's a problem with the key: Steam is having problems at the moment.
Thanks, guys. Didn't realize that. That could very well be it...at least here's hoping.

EDIT - Yup, that was it. Things seem to be more stable now (though the community vote deal is still effed up...it just shows a timer for nothing, lol). I now have Deadpool activated. Whew...crisis averted, haha. :D

gamefly still up. i placed an order at 10:55 PST, got code at 10:56 and added it to steam just now.  Not downloading it but shouldn't be a problem.

Damn I wish they at-least gave a warning that it was getting pulled, at least with Marvel vs. Capcom we got a notice, this happened all quick in between the holidays where it was very easy to not notice now a whole bunch of us missed it for PC. Damn it.

Last edited:
What's with all the games getting pulled from Steam anyways?  I mean I can't fathom how this can possibly be a profitable decision.

This is already going for close to $100 on Craigslist in my area (PS3).
that piece of trash is barely worth $15. Someone would have to REALLY love DP in order to spend that much money on it

What's with all the games getting pulled from Steam anyways? I mean I can't fathom how this can possibly be a profitable decision.
Disney/Marvel are taken back control of their IPs. Marvel made alot of poor decisions when it came to distributing licenses prior to their acquisition by Disney. I think they are re-evaluating their space in the gaming market, hence why they arent renewing these as they expire and letting them lapse instead. IMO thats a good thing bc those Sega games were awful and Activision has had too much control for too long. I hope Disney/Marvel choose better publishers/developers who are more interested in pushing out quality games rather than rushed titles to make a quick buck

that piece of trash is barely worth $15. Someone would have to REALLY love DP in order to spend that much money on it

Disney/Marvel are taken back control of their IPs. Marvel made alot of poor decisions when it came to distributing licenses prior to their acquisition by Disney. I think they are re-evaluating their space in the gaming market, hence why they arent renewing these as they expire and letting them lapse instead. IMO thats a good thing bc those Sega games were awful and Activision has had too much control for too long. I hope Disney/Marvel choose better publishers/developers who are more interested in pushing out quality games rather than rushed titles to make a quick buck
Re-evaluating their space means letting Steam licenses lapse?

Don't get me wrong, I know they made a lot of crap games. But was Deadpool REALLY that bad? Because I thought I remembered hearing plenty of good things. I know it was no Arkham, and I hate the unfunny plagerized Deathstroke myself, but I still don't know why they are letting games like this and UMvC die out.

Besides, it's not like most Disney games fare much better. Epic Mickey anyone? What about Disney Universe? Or all the Tinkerbell/Disney Princess shovelware crap? I wouldn't mind seeing those games vanish, but I still see them everywhere.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I know they made a lot of crap games. But was Deadpool REALLY that bad? Because I thought I remembered hearing plenty of good things. I know it was no Arkham, and I hate the unfunny plagerized Deathstroke myself, but I still don't know why they are letting games like this and UMvC die out.

Besides, it's not like most Disney games fare much better. Epic Mickey anyone? What about Disney Universe? Or all the Tinkerbell/Disney Princess shovelware crap? I wouldn't mind seeing those games vanish, but I still see them everywhere.
Deadpool is pretty fun. I picked it up for $12 from Best Buy over the holidays, always wanted to try it - but not for full price. I enjoyed it, spent most of an evening having fun and laughing quite a bit. It's very quirky, and while the fighting is pretty repetitive, it isn't terrible. For full price, it's bad. For $40, it is disappointing. For $20 it's decent, if you like the character. For $12 it's worth it.

I have to say I'm not entirely unhappy that it is being yanked from digital services and only available in retail copies that are already out there after the way Activision kicked many of the devs to the curb the second it was done. I'd rather they not profit off it further. This game lacks polish, that's all. And polish is the last thing to be added. How can they be expected to apply it fully with the axe waiting to drop?

Looks like, and correct me if I am wrong, but most of the Spider-Man games have also been pulled from Xbox Live.  Friend or Foe, Edge of Time, Shattered Dimensions, and Web of Shadows no longer show up.  Only Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man remain.

I bought this a few days ago from the gamefly sale.  I was close to passing but at $8 i figured it wouldn't drop much past that being activision.  Glad I bought it now.

Looks like, and correct me if I am wrong, but most of the Spider-Man games have also been pulled from Xbox Live. Friend or Foe, Edge of Time, Shattered Dimensions, and Web of Shadows no longer show up. Only Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man remain.
Yep. The Spider-Man movie license is not controlled by Marvel so those two are most likely a different contract.

Yep. The Spider-Man movie license is not controlled by Marvel so those two are most likely a different contract.
That's a shame, I always intended to check out Web of Shadows but never saw it at a decent price anywhere (aside from the horrid Wii version). I figured I could just nab it digitally worst case scenario, but I never made time for it. :cry:

Last edited:
I don't understand why people keep blaming Disney. From what I understand Activision just didn't want to renew the license, it wasn't taken away by Disney/Marvel. 

Hopefully we'll see Deadpool on Disney Infinity soon

I really hope this doesn't mean the PS3 version of deadpool is increasing in price. I have been waiting for $15 or lower price point. Also want to get my hands on a shattered dimensions before it's too late. fuck ing license contract bullshit... they couldn't keep the contract until the end of the generation? I know they can't predict when the generation would end, but still this Marvel/ Disney contract shit needs to go. Soon enough all Disney games will be released then go into a "vault" for 7 years and then be released digitally when no one gives a fuck anymore.

I wonder if the Deadpool game license would have gotten an extension if the character's upcoming movie wasn't being done by 20th Century Fox.

I really hope this doesn't mean the PS3 version of deadpool is increasing in price. I have been waiting for $15 or lower price point. Also want to get my hands on a shattered dimensions before it's too late. fuck ing license contract bullshit... they couldn't keep the contract until the end of the generation? I know they can't predict when the generation would end, but still this Marvel/ Disney contract shit needs to go. Soon enough all Disney games will be released then go into a "vault" for 7 years and then be released digitally when no one gives a fuck anymore.

Oh no! That would suck, but would be hilarious at the same time. Video games getting the Disney movie treatment. Deadpool - Limited Edition PS4/PS3/PSN Platinum Version - While Supplies Last - Relive all the magic of Deadpool in new 8.1 surround sound with commentary by Gary Coleman and rare napkin art sketches.

yes it was.

Hopefully we'll see Deadpool on Disney Infinity soon
I laughed out loud. :applause:

As for the Deadpool game, I bought it at close to my I'll try nearly anything price of $10 from Best Buy. I went in expecting horrible game play and cheesy dialogue. I actually enjoyed the low brow humor quite a bit and the game play is passable, fun even when you unlock and level up your weapons. The enemy machine guns being too overpowered is my biggest complaint. They are just off compared to everything else. Fun value bin game in my opinion.

Oh no! That would suck, but would be hilarious at the same time. Video games getting the Disney movie treatment. Deadpool - Limited Edition PS4/PS3/PSN Platinum Version - While Supplies Last - Relive all the magic of Deadpool in new 8.1 surround sound with commentary by Gary Coleman and rare napkin art sketches.
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

bread's done
Back