Deadrising 39.99 @ BB +BBO

[quote name='help1']This game refuses to be cheap.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... it's over a year old and many places still have it marked as $59.99. I don't think I've ever seen this under $35 and that was for a used copy.

[quote name='Vinny']Seriously... it's over a year old and many places still have it marked as $59.99. I don't think I've ever seen this under $35 and that was for a used copy.[/quote]

I got my copy for $25 used. In a EBGames store.

Very fun game, lots of trial and error. I got 200 achievement points on it before I got the 3 Red Rings. Waiting for my XBox to come back and I'm popping it in to kill some more psychos.

[quote name='Slate']I got my copy for $25 used. In a EBGames store.[/QUOTE]

They do say that prices may vary in store. I remember seeing some cheaper games a while back at GS like King Kong for 360 at 11.99 (When other stores and online were selling @ 17.99) but they eventually bumped it up to 17.99 a few weeks later.

Im not sure, but can individual GS stores decide to adjust a price on a game if they wanted to? Or decide not to update prices?

if they have too much of a stock they probably lower the price to push it out the door then raise the price if they feel the stock is back to normal.

[quote name='Link927']They do say that prices may vary in store. I remember seeing some cheaper games a while back at GS like King Kong for 360 at 11.99 (When other stores and online were selling @ 17.99) but they eventually bumped it up to 17.99 a few weeks later.

Im not sure, but can individual GS stores decide to adjust a price on a game if they wanted to? Or decide not to update prices?[/QUOTE]

I remember that price, they bumped it up to compensate for a sale. They did the same to Madden 06 (was $11.99, went to $14.99).

still waiting like the rest of you guys. i don't wanna buy it now and end up seeing a price drop that you know is coming since this game is pretty old.

I remember reading somewhere that Dead Rising was being re-released with brand new content (including co-op, multiplayer stuff I believe) under a "Greatest Hits" version. Anyone else heard anything about this? I want the game, but will hold out if a better version's in the works.

[quote name='Slodaddy']I remember reading somewhere that Dead Rising was being re-released with brand new content (including co-op, multiplayer stuff I believe) under a "Greatest Hits" version. Anyone else heard anything about this? I want the game, but will hold out if a better version's in the works.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I heard that as well, but we have yet to hear anything further since that announcement or bit of news.

I thought this game was $30 for a while.. Flipping next gen pricing. See you at $20, dead rising.

it's worth $40, and is one of the only 360 games I would of bought at full price. But having said that...... I got my coppy from BB in early June with a price match and a reward card for 21.

i believe the whole co-op rumor came from EGM, but it was just a rumor and also it was their april fools edition so i'm not sure what was earnest or not.

[quote name='Slodaddy']I remember reading somewhere that Dead Rising was being re-released with brand new content (including co-op, multiplayer stuff I believe) under a "Greatest Hits" version. Anyone else heard anything about this? I want the game, but will hold out if a better version's in the works.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I think Japan was rumored to be getting the GH version with new DL content, no multi-player to my knowledge, and everyone was anticipating it to release in the US aswell.

[quote name='triforcer']i believe the whole co-op rumor came from EGM, but it was just a rumor and also it was their april fools edition so i'm not sure what was earnest or not.[/QUOTE]

EGM also rumored that Dead Rising 2 is in the works, but I haven't heard anything since. But they also stated rainbow Six was getting 2 map packs/10 maps/2 new mp modes 2-3 months before the Red Edition was even released so here's crossing your fingers on them being right on both stories. I never played the game, and I can't get Gamez N Flix to send the damn game out.

yeah that was in quartermann's section in an issue of EGM a few months back, but nothing has been said about it since then.

...haha it'd be cool if it eventually turned out to be true, though :)

Man, I loved the demo for this game but didn't buy it.

Now I'm playing the waiting game because if I buy it now and it drops in anything less than 3 months, I'd be kicking myself in the ass.

[quote name='coolboyian']yeah that was in quartermann's section in an issue of EGM a few months back, but nothing has been said about it since then.

...haha it'd be cool if it eventually turned out to be true, though :)[/QUOTE]

yeah, like i said EGM was on top of the RS Vegas 2 map packs news way before I read about it anywhere else on the net, and most sites didn't even mention the Black edition for months later. but i've read Dead Rising is good, I'm still waiting to get my hands on it. Damn you Gamez N Flix.:cry:

[quote name='jer7583']I thought this game was $30 for a while.. Flipping next gen pricing. See you at $20, dead rising.[/quote]
I thought so too? I remember seeing it for $30. Maybe it was the Platinum Hits one? I dont know anymore... =p

I can't believe this game is holding at SRP a full year later. That's impressive. I think the only games to accomplish that are Oblivion and soon to be Gears of War.

It's well worth $60, btw.

I'd consider it for half that. $40 max should be a LAUNCH price.

(Actually I'd wait for it to drop to $20, then wait for a buy two get one free type Platinum Hits sale :D )

bread's done
Back