Deadwood Complete Series DVD $60 + S/H Gohastings

That is a solid price on a great series, wish I could justify the expense now, but alas.

Obviously the lead actors got their props and it greatly helped several careers, but how dialed-in were even the bit actors? E.g., Brian Cox as the theatre troupe leader and Swearingen's friend. I still vividly remember his confrontation with that snooty hotel owner, who tells him, without provocation, to go away as he's walking along the public street, minding his own business, because he (the owner) is "at prayer", to which Cox responds something to the effect of "If that's not a lie as I situate on the promenade; what claim has your piety upon my deference?". The hotel asshole, obviously flummoxed at having been put so squarely in his place, replies with a petulant and fumbling "fuck yourself", at which point Cox just ROARS "fuck you, sir!!" I just loved the easy, effortless shift from the high-flown and erudite to the primeval, so awesome.

I'd put it in the Top-5 TV dramas ever, not very far behind 'Breaking Bad' and 'The Wire'. It's just such a damn shame that it came to such an ignominious and sudden end.

This is an amazing series and I highly recommend it. I took a gamble on it a few weeks ago by picking it up at a Borders going out of business sale (60% off plus an additional 15%...ended up being about $70 for the entire series on blu ray.) Love it!

Here are some future DOTD Movie promotions, in case you guys want to plan ahead:

9/8:
Static_9.08_Movies.jpg

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection - Blu-ray Disc - $45

9/9:
Static_9.09_Movies.jpg

Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy - Blu-ray Disc - $30

9/10:
Static_9.10_Movies.jpg

Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection - Blu-ray Disc - $25

I'm still pissed that HBO cancelled this show early. From what I read it was a cost cutting move. The production costs must have been enormous considering how much they spend on most of their series.

I may bite on this, 85!!!! would be the most ive spent on anything for awhile but I know this guy who says best show on pretty much ever...so I may trust his judgment.

$84 tomorrow at Amazon for Deadwood Blu - and 20% off with Amazon Visa might stack on top of that

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']$84 tomorrow at Amazon - and 20% off with Amazon Visa might stack on top of that[/QUOTE]

On Deadwood??

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, Deadwood blu - the dvd i think is $60.[/QUOTE]

DAMN IT! I am gonna be spending like 80 today on a Complete Sopranos and 2 seasons of Friday Night Lights....I dont know if the checking account can handle another 80!

[quote name='Pookymeister']$84 tomorrow at Amazon - and 20% off with Amazon Visa might stack on top of that[/QUOTE]You only get one use of that coupon, so choose wisely.

[quote name='shrike4242']You only get one use of that coupon, so choose wisely.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering about that - had a couple things i was looking at, but weren't low enough yet. (stargate Atlantis complete, haven....)
Def would want Deadwood for $67 though.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Was wondering about that - had a couple things i was looking at, but weren't low enough yet. (stargate Atlantis complete, haven....)
Def would want Deadwood for $67 though.[/QUOTE]The coupon seems to cover just about everything out there, and it does work on up to three items on the order.

It's a single use per Amazon account, as well.

bread's done
Back