Deal discussion on Final Season of Smallville discussion

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!
This week, BB is giving you a $10 GC if you spend $50 on Blu-rays.
And, Smallville blu w/ Free T-shirt also counts!!! It is $47.99 so $2.01 short of getting the $10 GC

There are many $7.99 Blu-rays too, plus you may even find some less than that.

I found Extracted Blu-ray for $7.99, not bad and I don't think I have it yet.

My total is like $59 include taxes, but $10 GC and a Free T-shirt

So really I just paid $49 for Smallville and Extracted plus a $10-15 value T-shirt. (Lets agree $11 for the Tee)

If you do the math $49-$11-$8 for Smallville without T-shirt and Extracted it's only $30.

Pretty decent, but my only worry is they will release a better version next couple years cuz bonus features looks very bareboned.

No Bloopers? No Final episode Behind The Scenes? No episode trailers and TV Spots?

I am very careful with this, so may wait 1 month before I open it see if there are news they will do a new release sometime soon.

I believe I found your button...

answering-yourself-when-you-talk-to-yourself.jpg

my discussion on this is they should have definitely released the box set on Blu Ray. I have every season except 9th and 10th and all the BD's from when they started, even the nifty BB exclusive Steel shell for what was it..S8?

IDK, the box set is MASSIVE, definitely a shelf killer. but I do like the cover art very much on the final season standalone..may never get the boxed set..unless maybe its sub-$50 one day, which it will be when stores need shelf space..

OP, unless you can return the shirt, it shouldn't count into your math because you're getting it at the same price they'd have it at another time without the shirt.

With most CW shows, I tend to wait until Black Friday. Seasons of Smallville, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and even shows like Gossip Girl tend to hover around $9 to $13 range. I'm not saying the T-shirt bundle will be available then, but I did get a season 8 steel case on BF last year for $10.

[quote name='token2k6']my discussion on this is they should have definitely released the box set on Blu Ray. I have every season except 9th and 10th and all the BD's from when they started, even the nifty BB exclusive Steel shell for what was it..S8?[/QUOTE]

From my understanding its season 1 that's holding back WB from releasing an complete series box on Blu. I'm assuming it has to do with the first half of the season being shot on 16mm film even though that seemed to be good enough for it to air on HDNet in 1080i.

[quote name='Demolition Man']From my understanding its season 1 that's holding back WB from releasing an complete series box on Blu. I'm assuming it has to do with the first half of the season being shot on 16mm film even though that seemed to be good enough for it to air on HDNet in 1080i.[/QUOTE]
They probably just don't think releasing seasons 1-5 on blu will be profitable. Season 5 already has an HD-DVD version, so you'd think that would be easy enough to release.

It's a shame, too, since those were the best seasons. This show got really crappy around the middle, then redeemed itself toward the end. Still one of my favorite shows, though.

[quote name='simmias']They probably just don't think releasing seasons 1-5 on blu will be profitable. Season 5 already has an HD-DVD version, so you'd think that would be easy enough to release.[/quote]

The first few episodes on the season 5 HD-DVD release had some brightness issues for whatever reason to the point where at least a few moments we're nearly impossible to see what was going on. It's a shame as the picture quality on that release is pretty good for the most part. I would really hope if Warner did release season 5 on Blu however that they would fix the brightness on those episodes.

bread's done
Back