Deal Expired - Pre-Order Resident Evil Revelations 3DS $39.99 Shipped!

[quote name='crunchewy']What is the regular price? I though $40 was the high end for 3DS games. No?[/QUOTE]

$50 for this one.

This is going for $50 MSRP. I won't be surprised if other companies followed suit and make $50 the MSRP for handheld games (3DS/Vita). All about the $$$ these days.

Bleh I thought this was going to be a great price I was gonna get for Operation Raccoon City...That's what I get for reading too fast.

Keep in mind it comes with the peripheral, which if I'm not mistaken will go for 19.99 as a standalone later on. $40 for both the game and peripheral isn't a bad deal. I will personally wait for a price drop though. Last RE game I played was RE4 on the gamecube when it came out.

[quote name='sylveranking']Keep in mind it comes with the peripheral, which if I'm not mistaken will go for 19.99 as a standalone later on. $40 for both the game and peripheral isn't a bad deal. I will personally wait for a price drop though. Last RE game I played was RE4 on the gamecube when it came out.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that?

It does NOT come with the slide pad accessory. Capcom is just increasing the price of the stand-alone game for no specific reason. Yes, its a bigger cartridge and is bigger than previous 3DS games, but $50 and even $40 is to much for a handheld game.

[quote name='sylveranking']Keep in mind it comes with the peripheral, which if I'm not mistaken will go for 19.99 as a standalone later on. $40 for both the game and peripheral isn't a bad deal. I will personally wait for a price drop though. Last RE game I played was RE4 on the gamecube when it came out.[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't fool

[quote name='nightmare452']Where did you hear that?

It does NOT come with the slide pad accessory. Capcom is just increasing the price of the stand-alone game for no specific reason. Yes, its a bigger cartridge and is bigger than previous 3DS games, but $50 and even $40 is to much for a handheld game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I don't see any description that it comes with the Circle Pad. It's typical Capcom and watch, maybe they'll release a Gold Edition later this year with "exclusive DLC". :lol:

There are packages of this game that comes with the circle pad (though it may only be in europe), but i can understand the confusion.

Big Price=game+hardware. Sadly its just capcom being greedy because they have iconic IPs and fans will (begrudgingly) pay for this
Circle Pad is Gamestop exclusive in U.S. so whether you like them or not thats the place to go for the shiniest new toy.

Have a question. Does this game require the slide pad attachment?

I have my preorder either way because I love Resident Evil but I was unsure.

[quote name='sylveranking']No need to be a dick about it. I read it somewhere, guess I got it mixed up with MH3G.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the rudeness when it's possible you might have misled people with that post into making a purchase based on false pretenses.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Have a question. Does this game require the slide pad attachment?

I have my preorder either way because I love Resident Evil but I was unsure.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't required, and since online is just co-op it won't be a balance issue.

The concept of moving while aiming easily (which the pad allows) does intrigue me, however.

[quote name='sylveranking']No need to be a dick about it. I read it somewhere, guess I got it mixed up with MH3G.[/QUOTE]Did you get the US mixed up with Japan too?

[quote name='Prismatico']

No, it isn't required, and since online is just co-op it won't be a balance issue.

The concept of moving while aiming easily (which the pad allows) does intrigue me, however.[/QUOTE]
Oh I am buying the pad because I want the dual thumbsticks for this game. I am excited that they are going more back to their roots with this game and I can't wait to play it. I just wanted to be sure in case I can't find any of these damn pads around.

I already preordered from amazon for the same price, but newegg is doing free 3 day UPS shipping, which brings up the question- who would get it to you quicker first? I have no idea if either ship right on release day because I do not preorder from either place often at all, but I'm assuming Amazon might be slower with the super saver shipping. Any thoughts?

[quote name='nightmare452']Where did you hear that?

It does NOT come with the slide pad accessory. Capcom is just increasing the price of the stand-alone game for no specific reason. Yes, its a bigger cartridge and is bigger than previous 3DS games, but $50 and even $40 is to much for a handheld game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sylveranking']No need to be a dick about it. I read it somewhere, guess I got it mixed up with MH3G.[/QUOTE]

Other regions are including it. However the U.S. is not.

I saw on the zavvi website that theirs was bundled with the accessory (for cheaper btw) and I thought about buying it from them except 3DS games to my knowledge are region coded

Yeah, I believe neweggs standard shipping is generally faster than amazon. It'll probably arrive 3-5 days before super saver.

Why we're on the topic of controls, does anyone know if this game is using the touchscreen to aim if we don't have the analog attachment? I don't have a screen protector yet and am concerned about scratching up the bottom screen.

[quote name='slugboss']Yeah, I believe neweggs standard shipping is generally faster than amazon. It'll probably arrive 3-5 days before super saver.

Why we're on the topic of controls, does anyone know if this game is using the touchscreen to aim if we don't have the analog attachment? I don't have a screen protector yet and am concerned about scratching up the bottom screen.[/QUOTE]

I did play the demo on Mercenaries, and the screen essentially acts as your second analog stick. I just got a new Game Informer and checked out the review for the game- got a 9, and the reviewer said he didn't get a circle pad to play with and had no troubles at all beating it, nor felt like he had to have it at any point to make it playable.

Thanks OP, even though amazon had it for 40 for a while, this is the perfect time to get it again. Odd how this offer wasnt in my mailbox..

[quote name='ShinAkuma']I did play the demo on Mercenaries, and the screen essentially acts as your second analog stick. I just got a new Game Informer and checked out the review for the game- got a 9, and the reviewer said he didn't get a circle pad to play with and had no troubles at all beating it, nor felt like he had to have it at any point to make it playable.[/QUOTE]

What?
I never touched the bottom screen when I played.

The MSRP is $50 because Capcom thinks they can get away with that price. Same reason Sony selling Uncharted Golden Abyss for the Vita at $50. Capcom is just going to let the retails take the fall in profit by indirectly forcing them to drop the price to $40 to make a sale. But that is not even the best part about this high price! The best part is that everyone now thinks $40 is a deal when it was suppose to be retail price! Oh the mind tricks!

I personally had every intention of paying $40 prior to the announcement of $50 and thanks to amazon price guarantee I'm okay. No way a handheld game is worth $50, and don't let Capcom or Sony make it seem that it is okay! Wait for a sale price, or pay what should of been the real MSRP. I feel bad for these major companies who taking a loss in profit while Capcom making an extra $10 per game. I hope they complain and there is a backlash.

I wont go into detail about Capcom because everyone is already familiar with their shameful business ethic. Only games I buy from them are RE # (this is technically 4.5) and Phoenix Wright.

Then next time get your facts straight before spewing out bs. The $50 is because Capcom wants to charge a premium for the cartridge.

An expensive game will eventually get a price drop. However if they wanted to save money and used a smaller cart to produce a lower quality game, then it will always be a low quality game.

[quote name='gokou36']Then next time get your facts straight before spewing out bs. The $50 is because Capcom wants to charge a premium for the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

Someone didn't get their Wheaties today. Get off your horse and realize that people make mistakes. Also, calm down. They aren't making you pay the $50. No need to be hostile toward an entity that doesn't even know that you exist.

[quote name='sylveranking']Someone didn't get their Wheaties today. Get off your horse and realize that people make mistakes. Also, calm down. They aren't making you pay the $50. No need to be hostile toward an entity that doesn't even know that you exist.[/QUOTE]

You're also being hostile, though. I realize that we all make mistakes but rarely do I see someone advocate a deal based on misinformation and then try to justify it in a manner such as yours.

[quote name='girfreak']how do newegg pre orders work? can I just put part down or do I have to pay the full msrp?[/QUOTE]

You pay when it ships.

bread's done
Back