Deal gets hotter!! Forget Rock Band and GH IV. It's Guitar Praise Save $20,free ship

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Everyone is psyched about GH IV and Rock Band 2 but what about Guitar Praise (for the pc I think) This is sure to be going for big bucks on ebay. http://store.digitalpraise.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=135

Here is the item at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Praise...sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1220360908&sr=8-1

The game is $20 off. I just forgot the link when I posted the song list. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?ProdID=57021&AffID=56168

$20 off and there are coupons floating out there for FC.com

****UPDATE 9 04 08****
Now when you pre-order you get 5 (FIVE) free bonus tracks...."A FREE FIVE SONG EXPANSION PACK!"

1194210 for $10/$65 Doesn't seem to work
1192409 for free shipping works

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it didn't occur to you that your mockery might be the least bit offensive. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, it's still not a deal one way or the other and thus shouldn't be posted here.

Come on bro, you've been here since 2004. Game announcements go in General Gaming.

edit: Just to clarify for anyone reading this. He only edited his post and made this a deal well after I pointed this out. Originally it was just a link to the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cochesecochese']Come on bro, you've been here since 2004. Game announcements go in General Gaming.[/QUOTE]

Where do (IMO) shitty game announcements go? Cuz this one needs to be there, if this becomes rare I will sell my game collection!

[quote name='mastagoalie']Where do (IMO) shitty game announcements go? Cuz this one needs to be there, if this becomes rare I will sell my game collection![/quote]

???

[quote name='SixStringChild']I guess it didn't occur to you that your mockery might be the least bit offensive.[/quote]
What are you two years old? If that offends you, better not leave your house. Don't mock someone's plastic guitar faith.

[quote name='SixStringChild']I guess it didn't occur to you that your mockery might be the least bit offensive.[/QUOTE]
I guess it didn't occur to you that your oversensitivity would be hilarious.

This may wind up being one of the worst games of the year, and that's even before you get in to the music itself..."independently" developed and a PC only release? Look out.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']What are you two years old? If that offends you, better not leave your house. Don't mock someone's plastic guitar faith.[/QUOTE]

I think I have more of a plastic guitar fetish.... I think I have like 10 of them laying around for various systems/games

I think I have a copy of Dance Praise around here somewhere...

I suppose I should get this for my collection of shitty Christian music games.

good post, i was actually hoping they'd include more christian rock songs in rock band and/or guitar hero. looks like i don't have to wait for that, as they devoted an entire game to it. thanks for the post. definitely be checking this out. bummer it had to be for the pc tho.

god bless

Eh.. terrible song list.

Theyre missing most of the bands big hits..

Flyleaf.. Relient K.. Thousand Foot Krutch.. Red...

I know a lot of these bands, but the lack of the hit singles is somewhat disappointing.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']good post, i was actually hoping they'd include more christian rock songs in rock band and/or guitar hero. looks like i don't have to wait for that, as they devoted an entire game to it. thanks for the post. definitely be checking this out. bummer it had to be for the pc tho.

god bless[/QUOTE]

Gay rights! I mean, god bless you too.

so why does everyone have to think this is the stupidest game ever? just because you dont like it doesnt mean that there isnt someone else who would. as a father i know i would rather my young children play this than guitar hero until they got older. just because something is wholesome does not make it ridiculous.

[quote name='frankcastle']so why does everyone have to think this is the stupidest game ever? just because you dont like it doesnt mean that there isnt someone else who would. as a father i know i would rather my young children play this than guitar hero until they got older. just because something is wholesome does not make it ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, fundie.

People that mock religion are just as bad as people that praise it. It is just a different market that they are trying to hook. If it was not pc only i would guess the game would do decent. I can see a lot of church youth groups getting this. I'm not gonna rush out to buy it, but i also wouldn't care if it spent the next 10 years on the best sellers list. To each their own.

There's no way I'm buying ANOTHER plastic guitar and game, but I'd LOVE to see the music released as DLC in either GH or RB. That would be awesome! It's too bad we have yet to see any Christian rock music in either of these games - there's some really good stuff out there.

There is actually some very good music out there that is religious based. Travisimo is correc tin that. This could be huge if released for a console.

I'd be interested in playing some of the songs on there...if there were just a few more bands, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Playing 12 Stones, DC Talk, Flyleaf, Hawk Nelson, Jonah33, Kutless, Newsboys, Pillar, Red, Relient K, Seventh Day Slumber, Skillet, Spoken, Stellar Kart, Thousand Foot Krutch, TobyMac.....sheesh, this is actually a great setlist. That alone beats 90% of Rockband and Guitar Hero material for me.

If they'd just throw some more great bands on there like Emery, August Burns Red, Beloved, The Classic Crime, FM Static, Mae, MXPX, PAX217, P.O.D., Underoath, Anberlin, Haste the Day, Inhale Exhale, Nevertheless, Dead Poetic, Further Seems Forever, Disciple, Cry of the Afflicted, Terminal,etc,etc. With a lineup like this, Rockband and Guitar hero would both look like jokes. If only... (keeps dreaming).

I still say that RB and GH haven't even touched the potential market that they can. Country versions and yes, even christian rock would be HUGE sellers.

Personally I wouldn't by either, but from a business stand point I would invest in those markets heavily if I had the ability.

On another note, HOLY HELL those graphics for the christian game are 16 bit quality, if even that. You'd think for the price you'd get something comparable to the big two, but hell.. not even close.

hehe hell.. no pun intended. :lol:

I wish this were coming to consoles. To me to release it on the PC is like doing a beta test. I think companies are hesitant to make religious games mainstream. I wish there were more songs from older bands/artists like Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, Jars of Clay, Micheal W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc. Christian music is growing every year and I've been wondering why artists like Toby Mac haven't tried to get into the gaming realm with the popularity of GH and Rockband. Maybe Harmonix or Red Octane will see potential in this and release a Christian game.

[quote name='frankcastle']so why does everyone have to think this is the stupidest game ever? just because you dont like it doesnt mean that there isnt someone else who would. as a father i know i would rather my young children play this than guitar hero until they got older. just because something is wholesome does not make it ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us are just going on the previous success rate of religious games. They tend to be rather rushed and simply made to grab a certain demographic.

As for myself personally, I have nothing against a religiously themed game, but in reference to my previous statement I see a lot of them as nothing more then an attempt to gain some quick cash from certain demographics.

Just take into consideration any game that broke new grounds, then it was followed up by a dozen or so crap ass clones to get some of that market share created by that new game.

The game might be fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply made to gain the market share of a previously untapped group of people.

[quote name='eastx']Gay rights! I mean, god bless you too.[/quote]

wow dude, guess you'd know all about them gay rights now, wouldn't ya?

track list looks good. i play in the worship team every sunday. they've got some really good songs out there.

[quote name='ezytarget']I still say that RB and GH haven't even touched the potential market that they can. Country versions and yes, even christian rock would be HUGE sellers.

Personally I wouldn't by either, but from a business stand point I would invest in those markets heavily if I had the ability.

On another note, HOLY HELL those graphics for the christian game are 16 bit quality, if even that. You'd think for the price you'd get something comparable to the big two, but hell.. not even close.

hehe hell.. no pun intended. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I work with both "youth" and "young adults" over the last year or so, and both groups LOVE these games. Everybody wants to do events, contests, etc with these games but the song list causes major issues. If someone were to release a legitimate "Christian Rock Band" that was well put together, high quality, etc., I would expect it would do really well with Church groups - who in turn would basically be providing free marketing to hundreds of people in the target demographic with their "events".

There's a very large niche out there I think that is still untapped. No idea how this particular game will be, but I think a reasonable person can look at the history of "religious games" and admit that they have lacked quality.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What the fuck.[/quote]

It means he's done his homework on them. Sorry that one flew right past you...

I agree though. My girflriend is even more interested in playing this than Guitar Hero. I've tried getting her to play it so many times, but she just won't budge. I forwarded this post to her and she's all excited to play it.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']It means he's done his homework on them. Sorry that one flew right past you...[/QUOTE]
Oh, okay, I see now. That totally wasn't a blatant aside where you were alluding that he was a homosexual, and meaning this as a negative thing.

Where's the guitar agnostic? Guitar Temple?

There's nothing wrong with putting out a game like this, but it just seems like they're pimping out the religion a little bit.

Now, a guitar Buddha I'd be into.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Where's the guitar agnostic? Guitar Temple?[/quote]
What does agnosticism have to do with temples?

Are you sure you know what that word means?

Hopefully, the devs will close this one out, since about half the discussion only seems focused on mocking other folks' religious beliefs. Go to the controversy forum if you want to have a theological debate.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What does agnosticism have to do with temples?

Are you sure you know what that word means?[/quote]

I do know what it means. Guitar Temple was an attempt to get the jewish faith involved while Guitar agnostic was for the group of people who question the very existence of god but realize that it's impossible to really determine the truth about his/her/it's existence.

Thanks for trying to troll though.

I have no problem with games about God. I play games about Mario, and he's just as real as any god.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I do know what it means. Guitar Temple was an attempt to get the jewish faith involved while Guitar agnostic was for the group of people who question the very existence of god but realize that it's impossible to really determine the truth about his/her/it's existence.

Thanks for trying to troll though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, now I see. I guess I didn't see that the two were supposed to be about different things. Gotcha. Is there an established genre of music for agnostics? Dunno what all they'd sing about.

And of course, you're welcome.

[quote name='Travisimo']There's no way I'm buying ANOTHER plastic guitar and game, but I'd LOVE to see the music released as DLC in either GH or RB. That would be awesome! It's too bad we have yet to see any Christian rock music in either of these games - there's some really good stuff out there.[/quote]

Actually they both carry Flyleaf, which is a christian band.

Anyways, i was looking at the set list and i listen to most of that music, i'd be interesting to see the way it turns out. If POD was on there, automatic preorder for me, even if it was one or two songs

Uh.... yeah..... because I know I bought guitar hero and rockband for their amazing graphics.

Who's with me!?

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']Uh.... yeah..... because I know I bought guitar hero and rockband for their amazing graphics.

Who's with me!?[/QUOTE]
Rock Band has pretty sweet graphics, I'd say. They're damn sure better than this.

[quote name='frankcastle']so why does everyone have to think this is the stupidest game ever? just because you dont like it doesnt mean that there isnt someone else who would. as a father i know i would rather my young children play this than guitar hero until they got older. just because something is wholesome does not make it ridiculous.[/quote]

[quote name='sociopharm02']People that mock religion are just as bad as people that praise it. It is just a different market that they are trying to hook. If it was not pc only i would guess the game would do decent. I can see a lot of church youth groups getting this. I'm not gonna rush out to buy it, but i also wouldn't care if it spent the next 10 years on the best sellers list. To each their own.[/quote]

What? So all the mockery and hate coming from CoffeeEdge and eastx isn't the standard here? No way!!!

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'] Is there an established genre of music for agnostics? Dunno what all they'd sing about.
[/quote]

They have only one song. A Bette Midler song. And it goes a little something like this..."God is watching us, from a distance."

[quote name='Indiana Jones']What's with all this guitar bias?!?!? When are we going to get Clarinet Hero or Trombone Hero?[/quote]

Marching Band World Tour!

bread's done
Back