Deal gets hotter!! Forget Rock Band and GH IV. It's Guitar Praise Save $20,free ship

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Everyone is psyched about GH IV and Rock Band 2 but what about Guitar Praise (for the pc I think) This is sure to be going for big bucks on ebay. http://store.digitalpraise.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=135

Here is the item at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Praise...sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1220360908&sr=8-1

The game is $20 off. I just forgot the link when I posted the song list. http://www.familychristian.com/shop/product.asp?ProdID=57021&AffID=56168

$20 off and there are coupons floating out there for FC.com

****UPDATE 9 04 08****
Now when you pre-order you get 5 (FIVE) free bonus tracks...."A FREE FIVE SONG EXPANSION PACK!"

1194210 for $10/$65 Doesn't seem to work
1192409 for free shipping works

Last edited by a moderator:
for my .02, I'm thinking "someone's about to get sued"

but all joking aside, good concept if either RB or GH did DLC for stuff like peace of mind, P.O.D., skillet, DemonHunter, Soul Embraced. that would be stuff I would DL

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hahaha guitar praise -_-, flop flop flop flop[/quote]
When I read that the first time real quick, I thought it said fap fap fap fap....now that is funny in reference to this game.:lol:

Shipwreck expressed interest in this title on the Cagplay Forecast. Now he'll have a deal to report on the regular Foreplay podcast!

I think this would do quite well(even if just at Walmart) if it was released as a $30-40 title for PS2, Xbox360, and PS3, if it was compatible for pre-existing plastic guitars, and not bundled with a new one.

PC....meh. Good for youth pastors maybe.

[quote name='SixStringChild']I guess it didn't occur to you that your mockery might be the least bit offensive. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, it's still not a deal one way or the other and thus shouldn't be posted here.[/quote]

You should not be the one to judge whether something is a deal or not with that scam being advertised in your signature. I swear they should ban those damn things.

Wow, I didn't think anything could actually make Rock Revolution look better but it looks like I was wrong.

lamesauce deluxe

[quote name='neudog']I wish this were coming to consoles. To me to release it on the PC is like doing a beta test. I think companies are hesitant to make religious games mainstream.[/quote]

That's the problem; if you're going to do something - do something. Everytime they do anything "christian" - whether it be gaming or in cinema it is done so half-assed/under-developed that it would have flopped regardless of the "message" it was trying to send. The left-behind movies are laughably horrible - I've seen other "christian" video games that are just ass to play. They (developers/publishers of this crap) don't put forth a real effort to even give it a chance to succeed. Then when it fails, it is only because they say it is only because it has a religious theme - my ass - it is because they released a crap product. personally I don't give a damn about the theme/message of any game/cinema as long as I am enjoying the experience - no enjoyment = me moving on to try something else.

[quote name='getsmackd77']for my .02, I'm thinking "someone's about to get sued"
[/QUOTE]
I thought the same thing but the same sites are selling a dance praise game among others (a DDR knockoff) I guess you can't copyright the GH concept and as long as the company properly obtains licenses for the music they are in the clear.

The Crucified or GTFO.

EDIT: They're in there. No shit. Huh. Well, hmm. Looks like I'm callin' myself out.

Still not going to pay $100 for it. See you at $10.

Oh my fucking god. I really hope they didn't bother to get the proper licenses and get the everloving fuck sued out of them. My stomach literally just turned. Isn't censoring my real games enough? If this exists, why the fuck is there not a "Rock Band-not for 13 year olds" edition without all the fucking bleeps. I hope ApologetiX is in the game. I'm pretty sure that guarantees a lawsuit or 50.

Edit: That said, I wouldn't mind seeing some Pillar or Jeremy Camp in RB. And Flyleaf is Christian?!? And where's the ICP? I mean come on. Or at least King's X. Anyway, before someone gets their panties in a bunch, my mockery is of the game, not Christian music in general. I do truely detest ApologetiX though. For anyone who is unfamiliar, go take a listen. Make sure there are no sharp objects around however. It's basically like if the soundtrack to hell was written by Weird Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kklems']I thought the same thing but the same sites are selling a dance praise game among others (a DDR knockoff) I guess you can't copyright the GH concept and as long as the company properly obtains licenses for the music they are in the clear.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit you can't. The concept IS copyrighted and is owned by konami (guitar freaks). Both activision and EA have to pay royalities. Look up the settlements/lawsuits.

[quote name='mietha']Bullshit you can't. The concept IS copyrighted and is owned by konami (guitar freaks). Both activision and EA have to pay royalities. Look up the settlements/lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

So far the only lawsuit I see by konami about this hasn't been settled (maybe I need to google more) and it was against rock band and with exception of the line "Performance Guiding Image Display Method" it mostly refers to the instruments themselves. http://blog.wired.com/games/files/konami_hmx_suit.pdf

Here are the patents http://blog.wired.com/games/files/923_patent.pdf Looks a lot like Rock Band
http://blog.wired.com/games/files/067_patent.pdf More for arcade stand alone
http://blog.wired.com/games/files/822_patent.pdf Looks like a picture of a Playstation controller.
Sure looks like Rock Band might be in some trouble.

I also wonder how Frets on Fire can exist without paying royalty fees.

[quote name='mykevermin']The Crucified or GTFO.
EDIT: They're in there.[/quote]

That's just crazy. However, no Stavesacre track? If they went so far back as The Crucified then I want Mortification, not Whitecross :oldman:

Family Force 5 should have been one of the highlight artists originally mentioned.

[quote name='Ronin317']When I read that the first time real quick, I thought it said fap fap fap fap....now that is funny in reference to this game.:lol:[/quote]

ROFLWAFFLE!!!!

You can't sue religious organizations. They have too much money and too many lawyers and too many stupid people willing to give them free money. If that makes no sense to you because of your religion take a look at scientology. It's all the same damn thing.

WE ARE WE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRE THE YOUTH OF THE NAAAAATION or no buy.

I agree with the people who say that $100 is too much, and for it being for the PC, I don't think it was a smart choice.

If they worked out something with M$, Sony, and Big N to have the game go multi-platform and be able to use the Guitar Hero controllers, also just sell the disc by itself for maybe $40 and make it a Wal-Mart exclusive. That's how that would do better!

[quote name='csidegamer']What, no Stryper?[/quote]

That is exactly what I said while looking at the list! ahh Stryper, you make me laugh! And why isn't this the guitar included:
s121.JPG

Since this thread hasn't been deleted, I've now officially decided to become an athiest. I could give a fuck about eternal damnnation of my soul when this stupid crap is taking up valuable CAG sever space.;););)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Since this thread hasn't been deleted, I've now officially decided to become an athiest. I could give a fuck about eternal damnnation of my soul when this stupid crap is taking up valuable CAG sever space.;););)[/QUOTE]

You should become agnostic. We can never make up our minds, but we can have it both ways. :whee:

[quote name='Jeoff']You can't sue religious organizations. They have too much money and too many lawyers and too many stupid people willing to give them free money. If that makes no sense to you because of your religion take a look at scientology. It's all the same damn thing.

WE ARE WE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRE THE YOUTH OF THE NAAAAATION or no buy.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt the makers of this "game" have anything to do with religion. They are simply exploiting a niche market that doesn't know any better. The only way anyone's buying this is parent's for their kids. If the guitar even WORKS, I'll be surprised as hell. No sect receives more shovelware than christians. Seriously, look at the "christian" games. Left Behind, The Bible Game, etc. They are god awful "games" regardless of content, but they sell, because you stick anything in a Salt and Pepper store and some moron will buy it. Thankfully Left Behind didn't sell well, but 1 copy is more than it should have. And yes, you most certainly can sue religious game makers. WAY back on the NES a company (I don't even remember it's name now, but the cart was blue) released NES carts without the nintendo SOA. They got sued out of existence right after Nintendo was done with Tengen. If I were a christian, and a fan of this music, I would be insulted. The software will be crap, the sound quality will be horrid, the guitar, if it works at all, will probably break in a week, the songs will all be charted wrong, it is overpriced, etc. The reason christian games suck is because people buy shit like this. Ignore this subpar crap and petition activision or EA to include christian music content in the real games.

[quote name='Ronin317']When I read that the first time real quick, I thought it said fap fap fap fap....now that is funny in reference to this game.:lol:[/quote]
:)

[quote name='Jeoff']You can't sue religious organizations.[/QUOTE]
Religious organization? Please. This was made by a videogame company, not a church.

And sure, Scientology has an army of lawyers (and church members who are public officials) at their disposal, but I don't think Digital Praise has the same facilities available to them. They are not backed by, or part of, any established church or denomination or anything like that. They're a private company. If they got sued by a company the size of Konami, they wouldn't stand a chance.

[quote name='Zoglog']They can try to sue, however if it was that easy everyone would be paying up to Konami big time.[/QUOTE]

Konami v. Roxor.

[quote name='Travisimo']There's no way I'm buying ANOTHER plastic guitar and game, but I'd LOVE to see the music released as DLC in either GH or RB. That would be awesome! It's too bad we have yet to see any Christian rock music in either of these games - there's some really good stuff out there.[/quote]

QFT

I'd personally love to see some Third Day or (decent) Newsboys in Rock Band...

[quote name='neudog'] I wish there were more songs from older bands/artists like Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, Jars of Clay, Micheal W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.[/quote]

You, sir, have excellent taste ;)

[quote name='PleasantOne']You, sir, have excellent taste ;)[/quote]

Thanks. I haven't been to church since I graduated High School in 97, but after being introduced to Christian music it is in my Top 3 genres. I know we all have our opinions on the topic of religion, but alot of you are sad. No one knows what truly is the right way all we have is faith, whether that be to Jesus, Allah, Buddah, Mary, or whatever your preference is that you choose to follow. IMHO Christian Music has a strong potential for success in the GH/Rockband format. It has grown and evolved in just the last 10 years and has a plethora of great artists/songs. This by far is a positive step forward for religious based games. In the world of gaming with all the Mature themed content this is good for the kids and family. I'm all about pushing the boundaries of explicit content on games for adults, but there should always be room for those titles that are for all ages.

[quote name='neudog'] I know we all have our opinions on the topic of religion, but alot of you are sad. No one knows what truly is the right way all we have is faith, whether that be to Jesus, Allah, Buddah, Mary, or whatever your preference is that you choose to follow.
I'm all about pushing the boundaries of explicit content on games for adults, but there should always be room for those titles that are for all ages.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are several reasons that non-religious people dislike or distrust Christians. For instance, that explicit content that you're fond of? Well, how many Christian organizations want to ban and censor violent videogames, movies, and art? Censorship almost always has a Christian agenda. And that's just when we're talking about censorship of art - in many other ways the group that you're a part of would like to inhibit my freedom or the freedoms of others. So it's not like they just do lots of good and never hurt anybody.

But anyway, this game is probably going to suck. As many others have pointed out, there have yet to be any quality religious games. If all the religious games so far had tanked, at least that would lead to either better religious games in the future or no more religious games being produced, which to my mind is superior to more shovelware.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Konami v. Roxor.[/QUOTE]

Konami v. Andamiro
Konami v. Activision
Konami v. EA

There's a reason 'Konami Will Sue' is a catchphrase.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Konami v. Andamiro
Konami v. Activision
Konami v. EA

There's a reason 'Konami Will Sue' is a catchphrase.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. What I was pointing out to Zoglog is that Konami has won these cases in the past, every time so far. They completely killed Roxor's In the Groove, they nailed Mad Catz for their "MC Groovz" shitpile on Gamecube, and Andamiro has to pay them royalties for Pump it Up. The Activision/EA lawsuits are still pending, but looking at the precidents so far, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they both end up having to pay royalties to Konami in the future for GH and RB.

[quote name='eastx']Well, there are several reasons that non-religious people dislike or distrust Christians. For instance, that explicit content that you're fond of? Well, how many Christian organizations want to ban and censor violent videogames, movies, and art? Censorship almost always has a Christian agenda. And that's just when we're talking about censorship of art - in many other ways the group that you're a part of would like to inhibit my freedom or the freedoms of others. So it's not like they just do lots of good and never hurt anybody.[/quote]

I fully understand peoples dislike towards anything Christian related due to some of the assholes out there; Tilton, Falwell and the list goes on. However, to bash a game solely because it is religiously themed or just make snide comments towards religion is immature. It makes me think of these two douche bags that hold up signs saying "God isn't real" right across the street from these little old ladies holding "Honk for Jesus". Sure we all have the right to demonstrate, but these two guys are never on the corner by themselves it is just out of spite because they feel their views are right. Regardless of what you believe in, you believe, whether a God or no God. Aetheism is a practiced religion in my eyes, so for those who choose this route and bash other religious followings is just hypocritical. Harmonix, Activision and even Konami should take a good look at not only Christian music, but other genres because Rock, Alternative and Classic Rock are getting old fast.

[quote name='neudog']Harmonix, Activision and even Konami should take a good look at not only Christian music, but other genres because Rock, Alternative and Classic Rock are getting old fast.[/quote]

fucking el oh el

neudog, what he REALLY hates about Christians is how they think the actions of some represent the whole group and how they like to label people. And they're ALL LIKE THAT!

My question is this:

If I buy Guitar Praise, would it be acceptable to God to Christian Rock-Out with my Christian Cock-out? I understand that in society that's not an acceptable thing to do, but it's what God gave me, so would he think more highly of me playing a God-Praising game au-natural?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']neudog, what he REALLY hates about Christians is how they think the actions of some represent the whole group and how they like to label people. And they're ALL LIKE THAT![/QUOTE]

Aren't you clever? ;) Well, a few bad apples can easily spil the bunch, and in this case I wasn't talking about a FEW bad apples. There are thousands if not millions of people like what I described. How do you think they get the political power to do all those rotten things that vex me so?

Neudog I gotta disagree - atheism isn't a religion. It's the default, the absence of religion. I guess if somebody was a militant atheist, that'd be different. Agnostic here though.

I also disagree that Rock band's selections are getting old. One of the things that makes RB so successful is that Harmonix is really good at picking songs. But I do agree that they should branch out into more genres for their DLC, because who could that hurt? Still, if we have crazy people that "can't" listen to regular (secular) music, those people aren't going to buy Rock Band anyway.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I guess it didn't occur to you that your oversensitivity would be hilarious. [/quote]

Saying a game is lame because it's about the Christian faith is uncalled for and shows a level of insensitivity and immaturity. I'd rather be over sensitive rather than devoid of any human emotion as your clearly seem to be. Maybe, if it was a game about something you happen to be deeply connected with, you'd be singing a different tune.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I'd be interested in playing some of the songs on there...if there were just a few more bands, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Playing 12 Stones, DC Talk, Flyleaf, Hawk Nelson, Jonah33, Kutless, Newsboys, Pillar, Red, Relient K, Seventh Day Slumber, Skillet, Spoken, Stellar Kart, Thousand Foot Krutch, TobyMac.....sheesh, this is actually a great setlist. That alone beats 90% of Rockband and Guitar Hero material for me.

If they'd just throw some more great bands on there like Emery, August Burns Red, Beloved, The Classic Crime, FM Static, Mae, MXPX, PAX217, P.O.D., Underoath, Anberlin, Haste the Day, Inhale Exhale, Nevertheless, Dead Poetic, Further Seems Forever, Disciple, Cry of the Afflicted, Terminal,etc,etc. With a lineup like this, Rockband and Guitar hero would both look like jokes. If only... (keeps dreaming).[/quote]

I had no idea some of these were Christian bands.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']What are you two years old? If that offends you, better not leave your house. Don't mock someone's plastic guitar faith.[/quote]

I'm 24 and currently outside of my house and doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

[quote name='KueMan10']You should not be the one to judge whether something is a deal or not with that scam being advertised in your signature. I swear they should ban those damn things.[/quote]

When originally posted. There was no mention of price or discount or anything of the kind. That means it's not a deal. That's not my opinion. That's a fact. My sig is off topic by the way, so why don't you stick to the matter at hand or do you not have a relative opinion? In defense, only since you brought it up, the offer in my sig is not a scam. I know people personally who have recieved free 360's in the mail. Thanks for the input though.

[quote name='Zoglog']
100191-17.jpg
[/quote]

"I wanna get on my knees and please jesus, I wanna feel his salvation all over my face..."

bread's done
Back