DEAL IS DEAD Twisted Metal (Playstation3) $47.99 Preorder @ Newegg

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Haven't heard anything about if Black will have trophies or not. I'm still on the fence with this and like others, I have a feeling this is going to drop hard.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. It's probably just a PS2 copy on the PSN like Sony has already been doing.

[quote name='omyard']Doubtful. It's probably just a PS2 copy on the PSN like Sony has already been doing.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it will be updated like Frontline was with MOH

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Haven't heard anything about if Black will have trophies or not. I'm still on the fence with this and like others, I have a feeling this is going to drop hard.[/QUOTE]

On the PSBlog, Jaffe said it did not have trophies and will not be in HD.

[quote name='woz3323']On the PSBlog, Jaffe said it did not have trophies and will not be in HD.[/QUOTE]

Not in HD? Boo. I might as well just play the copy I've got. Hopefully I'll be able to sell it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKo7lmBUgA

Decide for yourself from there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks just cancelled my order after watching that video. It's primarily a MP game so I don't expect much SP wise. TMB was a SP game first and later they added online. The SP of TMB kicked ass so TM has a lot to live up to.

I'll take my chance and wait for the reviews and if the game is really good then i'll just wait for a sale or price drop.

Pre-ordered. Having not played TM:Black and zero games in backlog helped a lot. But If kingdoms of amlur gets praised and 9's-10's across the board, well i might cancel this pre-order.

Looks really nice, kinda sucks guy said they aren't not focusing on single player as much as multi... hey maybe it will :)

[quote name='Rodster']Thanks just cancelled my order after watching that video. It's primarily a MP game so I don't expect much SP wise. TMB was a SP game first and later they added online. The SP of TMB kicked ass so TM has a lot to live up to.

I'll take my chance and wait for the reviews and if the game is really good then i'll just wait for a sale or price drop.[/QUOTE]

Actually from what Ive seen this reboot has really been pushing story moreso than older titles. There looks to be some crazy cool boss fights. Here's the qore video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxGqHCXP_M

[quote name='CBas92']Actually from what Ive seen this reboot has really been pushing story moreso than older titles. There looks to be some crazy cool boss fights. Here's the qore video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxGqHCXP_M[/QUOTE]

I'm not not sure if the new TM will have better stories then black but the gameplay will be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played some team deathmatch at PAX and had a blast. Sucks that they foisted the online pass on it though, this game is tailor made for online multi-player.

[quote name='Ozonekill']I'm not not sure if the new TM will have better stories then black but the gameplay will be better.[/QUOTE]

New copies come with TM Black, too.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']There will be a demo for this, to anyone that's interested.[/QUOTE]

In for 1!!!

The demo that is.:lol:

6733084075_3d50facd0e_z.jpg

Hey everyone, I’m back with some great news—Twisted Metal‘s gone gold in North America! We—the crew over at Eat Sleep Play and Sony Santa Monica—have been working so hard for the past few years and it’s tough to express just how happy we are to be one enormous step closer to putting Twisted Metal in your hands this coming Valentine’s Day. We put a lot of love into this game and can’t wait for you all to play it and let us know what you think.

But the good news doesn’t stop there. Our friends over at LightBox Interactive have been cooking up something really amazing, and I’m excited to show it to you all today—the Sweet Tooth Outcast Multiplayer skin for Starhawk, coming May 8th! Every copy of Twisted Metal will include a voucher for this awesome skin. On top of that, if you pre-order Twisted Metal you’ll get early access to Axel and a free upgrade to the Limited Edition that comes with a code to download Twisted Metal: Black.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459899

I'm cautious about buying TM. I do want to buy it, bring back the old memories of playings TM2 for hours on end. But at the same time, I could see this game tanking. Is there still a market for car destruction games? Some years ago Vigilante 8 was put in HD and released as a Live arcade game. I thought I was going to buy it for sure. I played the demo and it wasn't any fun. Was glad to hear a TM demo will be released before the game comes out. Just hope it's not for PS Plus users only. TM has been away for so long, they need to rebuild the community and get as many people playing the demo as they can.

[quote name='CarltonBanks85']I'm cautious about buying TM. I do want to buy it, bring back the old memories of playings TM2 for hours on end. But at the same time, I could see this game tanking. Is there still a market for car destruction games?[/QUOTE]

These are my fears exactly.

But honestly, we should stop bumping this thread...deal's over, haha.

Just saw that CES 2012 vid, ehhhh doesn't look too hot imo. Skip it is even more of a skip to no HD make over and no trophy support for Black. SEE YOU WHEN YOUR 20 BUCKS TM!

[quote name='Rodster']Awesome :roll:

To this day TMB was epic and all the reviews when it was released back that up.

I just read 2 hands on articles with the game and nothing in them indicates it will be a bad game. The only thing I read where some might think this will be a turd is Jaffe saying he wants to tighten the game up a little more so that's why he delayed the Oct. 2011 release to Feb. 2012[/QUOTE]

This.

I thought the first TM games were terrible, but Black was awesome. However, after listening to Jaffe on Weekend Confirmed, i'm mixed. Jaffe said it's the best single player TM game so far, but it's really focused on multiplayer / online. So, I cancelled my preorder and will wait for massive price drop. Thanks Jaffe. You saved me $60.

Deals dead guys. You can stop hammering TM.

Some will be excited some will be disappointed. Same as it always has been with about 90% of today's games. Move along, nothing to see here.

One of my most anticipated games. I think I played TM2 more hours than any other game ever. SO EXCITED! Any other preorder deals goin?

[quote name='b3b0p']This.

I thought the first TM games were terrible, but Black was awesome. However, after listening to Jaffe on Weekend Confirmed, i'm mixed. Jaffe said it's the best single player TM game so far, but it's really focused on multiplayer / online. So, I cancelled my preorder and will wait for massive price drop. Thanks Jaffe. You saved me $60.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I had the exact opposite reaction to TMB. I liked TM1, LOVED TM2, and tolerated TM3&4. I bought my PS2 just to get Black, and man, what a letdown. Too far removed from the action, not enough carnage, and the game seemed to lack an edge without all of the crunchy 80s inspired guitar riffs.

To this day I can still sit and play Twisted Metal 2 for hours and not get bored. I still remember most of the cheats and hidden combo moves!

I played a ton of TM 2 yesterday and it's definitely aged very well. I loved TM: B back in the day, enjoyed Head On well enough, and re-played some of TM: B when that came out for the PS2. As of a few years ago, it's still a fun game with the second-best level design in the series behind TM 2.

[quote name='slowdive21']TM2 > TM1 > TMB The rest aren't worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]

Agreed except I'd add Small Brawl. I like that one.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I played a ton of TM 2 yesterday and it's definitely aged very well. I loved TM: B back in the day, enjoyed Head On well enough, and re-played some of TM: B when that came out for the PS2. As of a few years ago, it's still a fun game with the second-best level design in the series behind TM 2.[/QUOTE]
Driving with the d-pad is terrible. Everything else is good.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Agreed except I'd add Small Brawl. I like that one.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't even know about that one! I am going to have to pick it up (unless I already bought it at a Garage Sale and it is in a pile somewhere).

I'm surprised so many people like TM:B least. To be honest I loved black the most because I thought it brought a nice blend of 1 and 2. I absolutely loved 1 because I thought it was more serious and dark. I LOVE 2 but didn't dig on the fact that it didn't feel as dark as the first, and not really as serious either. I didn't bother with the rest of the TM games on PSone at that point, they just didn't feel the same. All in all TM:B > TM1 > TM2 for me. But like I said, I guess I'm mainly looking at it from the story and presentation perspective. TM2 obviously was a game changer for the series since it offered better gameplay. I never really got a chance to check out Head On but always wanted to and was curious.

[quote name='AngelsDontBurn']I'm surprised so many people like TM:B least. To be honest I loved black the most because I thought it brought a nice blend of 1 and 2. I absolutely loved 1 because I thought it was more serious and dark. I LOVE 2 but didn't dig on the fact that it didn't feel as dark as the first, and not really as serious either. I didn't bother with the rest of the TM games on PSone at that point, they just didn't feel the same. All in all TM:B > TM1 > TM2 for me. But like I said, I guess I'm mainly looking at it from the story and presentation perspective. TM2 obviously was a game changer for the series since it offered better gameplay. I never really got a chance to check out Head On but always wanted to and was curious.[/QUOTE]

I do like black as well, but I like the gameplay on the first 2 better. Trust me, when I heard "Paint It Black" a big smile was on my face. I like hearing 'real songs' in games, so that was a bonus! All 3 are great games though.

[quote name='AngelsDontBurn']I'm surprised so many people like TM:B least. To be honest I loved black the most because I thought it brought a nice blend of 1 and 2. I absolutely loved 1 because I thought it was more serious and dark. I LOVE 2 but didn't dig on the fact that it didn't feel as dark as the first, and not really as serious either. I didn't bother with the rest of the TM games on PSone at that point, they just didn't feel the same. All in all TM:B > TM1 > TM2 for me. But like I said, I guess I'm mainly looking at it from the story and presentation perspective. TM2 obviously was a game changer for the series since it offered better gameplay. I never really got a chance to check out Head On but always wanted to and was curious.[/QUOTE]
What I loved most about TM: Black was that it felt like you were playing in a sick and twisted Batman city and the music was awesome.

bread's done
Back