Deal on High Speed Internet

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
All my friends were playing socom 2 online and now this week they all bought outbreak and i think that is the last straw. I need to get dsl cable or something. I have adelphia cable in my area i really dont wont to spend more than 30 bucks a month. I know there will be some but i dont want to spend 50 bucks to start up also.

SBC Yahoo has some cheap deals, as well as Qwest. Also, you might want to consider getting that "high-speed dial-up" that's been going around. I have no clue if it speeds up your connection to your PS2, though.

[quote name='Moxio']SBC Yahoo has some cheap deals, as well as Qwest. Also, you might want to consider getting that "high-speed dial-up" that's been going around. I have no clue if it speeds up your connection to your PS2, though.[/quote]

no it doesnt, best I understand is it strips the webpage that is loads of graphic rich images allowing it to display fast while those images are still loading.

Crappy description, but no Its still dial-up.

i used earthlink's accelerator, and it sucked. first of all, when you connect to the internet and have the accelerator enabled, you have to connect through another server (they call it the acceleration server) and sometimes the server is offline. so when the server is offline you would think that your web pages would load normally, right?

NO! you cannot load any web pages until you've connected through the server. and when you get to the server, there really isn't that much of a difference, maybe 5-7 seconds at medium compression settings.

if cable or dsl was in my area I'd be getting one of those as soon as possible

My cable company, Brighthouse has a service where you combine the cable and high-speed bill, which saves like $10 a month, thats the best deal I know of, maybe other cable companies do that.

i think earthlink has the best high speed cable, over the years ive tried sbc (dsl), timewarner (cable, shaw (cable), and aol (cable, plz avoid this, its the worst provider ever). earthlink tears apart there speeds any day. if u can get that, i think bb has a $100 gift card and they lower ur monthly bill for a few months, so that compensates for about a year. try it if u can, IMO earthlink is the best.

Deffinitely try to find a deal that either lets you self install or gives you free installation otherwise it costs $50 for the set up (which normally, if your house is wired consists of connecting the modem to the wall with a cable). All the $20 for the 1st 3 months deals are useless if you have to pay the $50 install

Road Runner has a deal where you only pay $20 for the first three months. But it's $45 a month after that. I've had it for over three years. Broadband is worth $50 a month.

[quote name='EggViper']i think earthlink has the best high speed cable, over the years ive tried sbc (dsl), timewarner (cable, shaw (cable), and aol (cable, plz avoid this, its the worst provider ever). earthlink tears apart there speeds any day. if u can get that, i think bb has a $100 gift card and they lower ur monthly bill for a few months, so that compensates for about a year. try it if u can, IMO earthlink is the best.[/quote]

Do you know if Earthlink's DSL service is any good? Right now I have Earthlink's dial-up service and I plan to get DSL in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately Cable isn't available in my area.

Earthlinks service is provided through what ever major company supplies DSL to your area and those companies vary

anyone in hte 95020 area code know of a dsl deal
nothing is avaliable to me here
no broadband, no cable, no digital phone service, not even some dial up companies

for my isp i called up and asked if there was a way to knock a few bucks off my bill, and they took 25 off a month for being a valued customer. (granted this is will digital cable i use thru them)

Perhaps if you live in or around a large city such as Chicago you could get a good deal on broadband, as there are many ISPs.

you should look out for dsl or cable connections that arent used much. i live in long island,ny and i habe optimum online. i pay 50 a month but my speed is crazy (26mbps download and 12mbps upload) id like to see comcast or roadrunner customers try to beat that!!! I think that may even be faster than t1 :D

i was in searched for broadband for myself and settled with the SBCYahoo DSL. just installed it today, and it's great. call them up instead of checking online, the service person will help you out. best deal i find. $30 a month for one yr. comcast has it internet for 20 but only for 4 months, so i decided to go with this. very sweet, im liking the speed

bread's done
Back